August 4, 201214 yr comment_61546 Another hour or so of Witcher. Only Chapter V and the epilogue left, finally. Report
August 5, 201214 yr comment_61553 A bit of Witcher, and I am on the Epilogue chapter, so very near the end. If I don't finish it, I will most likely tonight or during the day tomorrow. Report
August 8, 201214 yr comment_61751 Holy crap holy crap, this webcam is awesome! 1080p Webcam from eBay for 50 bucks, and I'm testing it out for capturing from my PS3 now. It works surprisingly great once I turn the brightness way down. The focus feature is a HUGE help for not having the TV blurry. I think I'm going to cast some Mortal Kombat in about an hour once I'm done messing with it. I happened to have an old tripod for a camcorder I don't think we have anymore, so I've commandeered it for the webcam.Much cheaper than a $150-200 capture card for capturing consoles! Though the webcam (Microsoft LifeCam Studio 1080p HD sensor) was at $70 on Amazon, a discount from the listed price of $100. Report
August 8, 201214 yr comment_61754 Ok, after running a series of wires all over the goram room, I've managed to set up my console for proper webcam casting. Video captured with the webcam, audio out from the TV going into the microphone port of the PC for clear audio vs. the tinniness characteristic of any webcam mic, and USB microphone from my Trittons going to PC, while I use the headset for good audio from the PS3. Then some sound card software settings I messed around with allowing microphone to play through the speakers.And it all works. I'm going to try casting some Mortal Kombat in a moment to see how well it goes. Report
August 8, 201214 yr Author comment_61759 Cool man. I'm glad to hear it is ping to work. Drew and his friends used a camera for ages. Better than nothing. I could former a bit of audio/video sync problems, but nothing major. I'll stop by when I can next to catch you casts. Report
August 8, 201214 yr comment_61765 Checking the replay now, it seems to have worked well. Audio is perfect and didn't seem to lag, since it's coming right from the source and not through a mic (though the tritton mic through USB can't use the noise cancellation of my sound card, so a little breathing is heard at some points, I just need to lower the mic volume in XSplit, seemed too loud over the game.) Video, looks surprisingly good for a webcam. I didn't turn off autofocus until later on, it was unfocusing too much when the screen got bright, but now it stays at the same level. Only other thing I could maybe mess with a little more is brightness and saturation. Report
August 9, 201214 yr comment_61778 Good deal kev; how do you have the cam mounted? When I was experimenting with webcams I found that to be problematic. Report
August 9, 201214 yr comment_61780 I happened to have an old tripod from a camcorder we no longer use, so I commandeered it. Works perfectly, completely compatible with the webcam. Report
August 10, 201214 yr comment_61855 New room is all set up. Going to cast a little Mortal Kombat. Probably only a couple fights since I have to get up early tomorrow,. Report
August 10, 201214 yr comment_61856 New room is all set up. Going to cast a little Mortal Kombat. Probably only a couple fights since I have to get up early tomorrow,.Must have missed the cast Report
August 10, 201214 yr Author comment_61882 Casting tonight. Have no idea what, but there will be drinking. I'll post again when I start. Report
August 11, 201214 yr Author comment_61893 Going to start with Battlefield 3. Will change over to something else once I've had my fill of that. WEllllllllllllllll, Maybe not. Who the fuck has a 1.9GB update? And of course Origin is failing, updating at a whopping 1/4 my actual download speed. Guess I might play BF3 later. Have no idea what I'll start with now. Maybe the adventure game Deponia. Report
August 11, 201214 yr comment_61898 Hate you for starting with Deponia. (lol) Want that game pretty damn bad. Report
August 11, 201214 yr Author comment_61899 It's a mixed bag of reviews so I'm curious to see how it really is. Starting it up in the next 10 minutes. Report
August 11, 201214 yr comment_61900 Yeah, I've seen the mixed reviews too. Thing is, I am a huge adventure game nut. You should find and stream the Gabriel Knight series. I'd be there every time you stream. Report
August 11, 201214 yr comment_61904 Deponia looks interesting for sure. The developer is sometimes called "The German Lucasarts".I'll join in a little later tonight. I'm fully moved out. Would you want to try anything co-op like Payday or Left 4 Dead later on when you're casting tonight, Dat? Report
August 11, 201214 yr Author comment_61907 So, Deponia was interesting, but as the reviews said the beginning is a bit slow. Everything I've read said it should pick up after the first act. Hopefully it does. GoG.com has all the Gabriel Knight games. I'll have to check them out sometime. Report
August 12, 201214 yr comment_61957 Payday the Heist wasn't that bad. I think we need to give it another chance when we get a full four people playing (GG also has it) and a little bit better idea of how it works. Still, I agree it is pretty much like Left 4 Dead with cops instead of zombies. Report
August 12, 201214 yr Author comment_61967 Skyrimious Maximus . Probably start some Dawnguard quests after I nab the last dragon masks Report
August 13, 201214 yr Author comment_61978 Firing it back up for a couple more hours. Then bed time. Stupid short weekends. Report
August 15, 201214 yr comment_62090 GG is casting several games for 5 minutes each. Come watch. Report
August 16, 201214 yr comment_62123 GG is streaming Jade Empire right now. Come make fun of him. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.