November 7, 201114 yr comment_47719 Wired is the best way to go.I would have maybe bought my own router/modem, if there wasn't already an installation fee for using the provided one. My brother's outside room gets about full speed wirelessly and is further away. The signal goes straight out the back slider, a long ways through open air, through his outside wall, and then to his adapter which is close to the wall, without too much in between it and the router. My room is closer but only gets a small fraction of the signal (pathetic download speeds) as it goes around a couple walls/closets/by the kitchen.The wireless signal on the device must just not be that strong, because the adapters have all given me good upload speeds at least. So I'm just going to get a good, long ethernet cable. This one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812119318 Report
November 7, 201114 yr comment_47732 When they installed mine I already had my own router and modem. They can't charge you if you insist on using your own. Report
November 7, 201114 yr Author comment_47736 Ahhh. Don't do it. http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10208&cs_id=1020814&p_id=146&seq=1&format=2#descriptionThat one is half the price. So you didn't get that other modem? Report
November 8, 201114 yr comment_47738 Ahhh. Don't do it. http://www.monoprice...t=2#descriptionThat one is half the price. So you didn't get that other modem?Nah too late, already ordered and shipped, I'm fine with it since it's a good cable. Plus it's shielded vs the bare ends on that one. The one I'm getting is Cat7 vs. that Cat5. Overkill but I want a mostly lossless cable. And the router provided seemed good for only 50 dollars to install/lease (me and my brother splitting it), since my brother's further away room got good signal, but the issues connecting to my room didn't manifest until after the installer had left. So I'm fine with it once I go wired. He's still getting good signal, and through the wire my signal should be great too. Report
November 8, 201114 yr Author comment_47754 I will refrain from busting your bubble on the difference in categories and just say I'm glad you're going wired. Report
November 9, 201114 yr Author comment_47868 That should be fun. Especially since you'll have to drill larger holes for the premade ends. Hopefully you have a good crawl space. Report
November 10, 201114 yr comment_47909 I'm going to cast some L.A. Noire in a moment now that it's working. The key was to disable UAC in the User Accounts settings and run Steam as Admin, as I discovered via Google. Report
November 11, 201114 yr comment_47995 Alright, this is happening. Skyrim time. Poor L.A. Noire, came out on PC at such a bad time. I was really enjoying it last night. Might just have to juggle the two games lol. Report
November 11, 201114 yr comment_48031 I'LL BE WATCHING. Because, you know, I can ACTUALLY watch streams now! omg i feel so alive. what time? Report
November 11, 201114 yr comment_48033 I'LL BE WATCHING. Because, you know, I can ACTUALLY watch streams now! omg i feel so alive. what time?I'll likely be back on around 10PM PST tonight. Tomorrow I might be able to play for a good while during the day though, with mic. And if the stream still doesn't play for you (I recently upgraded my internet and am casting at 1500 kilobits per second atm), go to our live streaming page at http://live.gamercide.org/ , type in Gamercide into the channel you want to watch, and choose "Low Resolution Stream". It will go to a page that shows the stream in a smaller, less bandwidth intensive size. All thanks to Dateranoth for our awesome streaming page.You could also check the archives. http://www.justin.tv/gamercide/b/299703222 Report
November 12, 201114 yr Author comment_48043 If you don't stream I will. Provided I have the game. Report
November 12, 201114 yr comment_48045 If you don't stream I will. Provided I have the game.If you get it, go ahead and stream. I've been hogging the channel and there hasn't been a good Dat cast in a while lol. I was kind of surprised no one but a few people we knew showed up last night to the stream. Guess there are a s*** ton of Skyrim streams going on now.I'll go multimonitor and chat and watch you play as I play lol. There's a "yo dawg" joke in there somewhere. Report
November 12, 201114 yr Author comment_48046 Alright then. If you're sure I'll do it. Around 2 am est by the time I set it all up. And you're probably right. Tons of Skyrim streams and I'd say most that would watch are playing it. Report
November 12, 201114 yr comment_48050 In a few minutes I'm going to start casting some LA Noire. Just let me know when you're ready to start Skyrim, Dat, unless I get off before you start. Once you get on Skyrim, I'll probably start up that game myself while watching your cast. Report
November 12, 201114 yr Author comment_48051 Sounds good. What did you end up doing to fix LA Noire? Report
November 12, 201114 yr comment_48069 Sorry I couldn't watch last night guys, I was busy re-uniting with some old friends and having a **** load of fun that I haven't had in a while lol. I'll try to see if I can catch a stream today. Report
November 15, 201114 yr Author comment_48160 Any plans to cast tonight Kevin? If not I will around 1.30 am est ( hopefully earlier ) I want to quest for the Steed Stone. Report
November 15, 201114 yr comment_48164 Nah. I pretty much defer casting time to you, since you use a mic and make it more entertaining, but also because I've been casting all the last couple months and you haven't much.I didn't know anything about the other Guardian Stones than the first 3 you find. Looks like I'm going to have to find the Apprentice Stone myself, to up my magicka regeneration rate even further. Report
November 15, 201114 yr Author comment_48165 Sounds good man. If that's the case I'll be casting almost every night for a while with this. Anytime you want to just let me know. It's such a vast game it's not something that needs one full play through to be live. Some nights I may need to take a break anyhow. I already have a ton of books I need to read. Lol in game and I doubt anyone cares to listen to me read them aloud. And it looks like I'm goin to start earlier. Around 12 instead. No armor weight and + 100 carrying capacity awaits me! I can horde right on. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.