May 6, 201016 yr comment_7397 If you bleach it prior to trying to dye it'll pick up the color.Totally have to go with a permanent hair dye then though. I look horrible as a blonde. I probably will if I get a new job. Of course, it depends on how old I am by then. My days for wild hair looking good on me are definitely numbered. Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_7463 Yeah dying it off colors requires maintenance. I used to dye my hair insane colors all the time in high school and it does take some upkeep. But if you like it, it's a ton of fun. I'll post some pics later today because I'm going out Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_7464 Yeah dying it off colors requires maintenance. I used to dye my hair insane colors all the time in high school and it does take some upkeep. But if you like it, it's a ton of fun. I'll post some pics later today because I'm going outGreat. Look forward to seeing how it comes out. Btw, your bosses don't care what colors you dye it? Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_7466 One of my coworkers has dreads.If they can have dreads, I can certainly have red. Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_7467 One of my coworkers has dreads.If they can have dreads, I can certainly have red.That's cool that they allow that stuff. The restrictions here get annoying after awhile. At least we can do what we want as far as hair length goes. The guys are supposed to keep theirs under an inch I think...or maybe it's it can't be thicker than an inch...something like that. Strict either way. We are supposed to keep our hair up, so it stays above our collars, but depending on the sarge, I can usually wear it in a pony and they don't say anything. Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_7526 i dont have any cool pics realy but this one was taken without any warning when i went to quebec with some friends lolhttp://img85.imageshack.us/img85/1516/sdc10190r.jpgEDIT: thx t mandy, did'nt notice the freaking overkill size...... ._. Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_7532 Holy browser size rape batman. Might wanna consider resizing that Kira. Report
May 12, 201016 yr comment_8091 ALright, I know I promised this pic forever ago but here's the pic of my hair after I dyed it. I'm in my hospital scrubs, so no, I don't normally wear those. Report
May 12, 201016 yr comment_8093 Well only to work and then they come off in the garage so I don't bring nasties into the house. Report
May 12, 201016 yr comment_8097 Nah we enter our house through the garage. Otherwise the dogs escape. Report
May 12, 201016 yr comment_8098 It's a lot more subtle than I was picturing. I could totally get away with that. Probably a little too light for my skin tone though. It's a good color for you. Report
May 12, 201016 yr comment_8099 That's after a few washes. It was obnoxiously bright red the next day. My shampoo is kind of harsh on it. Report
May 12, 201016 yr comment_8100 Hey, btw, I was just talking to Jon about my job. I really, really am starting to despise it. What do you think about working in the medical field? I was kinda thinking about taking classes to be an x-ray tech or something. How does the medical field seem to you? Is the job market there fairly stable? I'm totally interested in doing something else, and the medical field (helping people) seems like a much better fit than the jail ever did.Jon is just telling me that I don't have to work after we're married, but that's not me. I'd love a different job, not no job. Report
May 12, 201016 yr comment_8103 hmm i should take a pic before i cut all my hair off again and pot it here Report
May 12, 201016 yr comment_8107 Tam's hair is dyed Red and Black right now too .. it looks pretty cool. Of course I'm stuck redying (sp?) the red Manic Panic for her ever Sunday.hey! I just thought I'd share my experiences with you and maybe your lady will find this useful. or maybe she already knows this and will roll her eyes at me lolI've found that Special effects has way better holding power than manic panic. I use a color called Cherry bomb. It is SUPER bright red with pink undertones. On bleached hair that color is solid for about a solid month before any major fading begins. Over another color like dyed red it fades faster but still holds on pretty well.With either product there is a trick that she can use that will keep the color lasting a little longer. Since both special effects and manic panic are both vegetable based dyes they don't damage your hair so you can use them all you want. Try putting the dye directly into the bottle of conditioner that you use to shower. The dye will be diluted but you'll, in essence, be touching up the color every time you use the conditioner.ok. that's all. Report
May 12, 201016 yr comment_8134 You know the thing with medicine is, chances are you'll always have a job no matter where you go.And another good part is there is SO many different routes you can take. For the most part I really enjoy my job. I work in an ER as a an "tech" (composed of medics and emts, but it varies by location)But if you think you're going to get away from the **** you deal with in a jail, well you wont' get away from it entirely. We deal with a lot of **** bags too, but then on the upside not 100% of them are shitbags.I could probably really go into detail about this which would be off topic and pointless. Feel free to PM me and we can discuss it. Report
May 12, 201016 yr comment_8150 hey! I just thought I'd share my experiences with you and maybe your lady will find this useful. or maybe she already knows this and will roll her eyes at me lolI've found that Special effects has way better holding power than manic panic. I use a color called Cherry bomb. It is SUPER bright red with pink undertones. On bleached hair that color is solid for about a solid month before any major fading begins. Over another color like dyed red it fades faster but still holds on pretty well.With either product there is a trick that she can use that will keep the color lasting a little longer. Since both special effects and manic panic are both vegetable based dyes they don't damage your hair so you can use them all you want. Try putting the dye directly into the bottle of conditioner that you use to shower. The dye will be diluted but you'll, in essence, be touching up the color every time you use the conditioner.ok. that's all.thanks E .. I didn't know there was another brand out there so I'll look into that next time I'm at a Ricky's. I used Manic Panic when I was dying my hair so I think that's why we went with that. She just has 3 or 4 strands (or groups??? .. parts??) of her hair done and the rest is simple a little darker than her normal colour to hid the grey and simple make it look a bit better. I usually help her re-dye her colour every week and yes I complain the whole time .. but I do it. As far as putting it into the conditioner that is a great idea but I don't think she wants to go that far. She picked up some Aveda colour lasting conditioner .. stuff .. ?? to help keep the more natural dye look so I don't know if she wants to change that. She'd kill me if I posted a picture of her here so if you want to see her go trolling on Facebook .. it's her profile. Her name is Tamara English. Report
May 12, 201016 yr comment_8182 As far as putting it into the conditioner that is a great idea but I don't think she wants to go that far. That conditioner idea is great, but, yeah, it'll only work if you have one solid color. Not a part here and there.P.S. Might want to avoid mentioning to her that you told us that she's covering up grey too. Not something we women like spread around. Report
May 12, 201016 yr comment_8188 Sorry folks I'm camera shy lolDo I have to bring up a certain costume party? Report
May 12, 201016 yr comment_8189 Awww, no pictures of you in drag again DC? LoL Now THAT was funny. Report
May 12, 201016 yr comment_8194 Bring it up all you want. That image host account is long gone, no pics = no proof Report
May 12, 201016 yr comment_8198 Bring it up all you want. That image host account is long gone, no pics = no proof You sure man? I mean are you POSITIVE the pics are gone? Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.