May 20, 201016 yr comment_9235 I can't link my xbox to the Social Club. It keeps telling me that "the platform id must be specified. =(I am getting the same message on the Social Site when I try to add in my gamertag. Any fix that you know of? I might email them or something. Report
May 20, 201016 yr comment_9236 I googled some solutions. Looks like almost everyone is getting this error. Here is a response I found posted by a user on rockstar's social site:To all xbox live users getting the Platform ID error (I think it's safe to assume there's a glut of us out there): I just now connected my account via the in-game social club menu - keep trying, I think the servers just keep getting overwhelmed and crashing.Platform ID error was still coming up on the website, so just try to link accounts thru the pause menu in-game - best solution until it's fixed.Guess I will try it through the game tonight and see if it works. Report
May 20, 201016 yr Author comment_9241 Glad you got it sorted out, PK. Tell me what poster you get by the way. I got Bonnie, and my friend got Martson. So, I'm wondering how many different versions there are.Bonnie. If she's the blonde chick. I haven't played any of the single player yet. Report
May 20, 201016 yr comment_9242 Bonnie. If she's the blonde chick. I haven't played any of the single player yet.Yup, same one I got. I want to play with you guys tonight, but Rockstar isn't letting me connect to the damn servers, or Social Club. WTF. Report
May 20, 201016 yr comment_9243 Yup, same one I got. I want to play with you guys tonight, but Rockstar isn't letting me connect to the damn servers, or Social Club. WTF.If you're still having trouble, try logging on at 1:00am. Worked for me. Not as many people jamming the servers, I guess. Report
May 21, 201016 yr Author comment_9245 Yup, same one I got. I want to play with you guys tonight, but Rockstar isn't letting me connect to the damn servers, or Social Club. WTF.Happened to me a few times. I had to end the game, do a network test and restart. Report
May 21, 201016 yr comment_9246 Look like they fixed the Network problem. As stated here:http://forums.xbox.com/32646877/ShowPost.aspxI just got the game. So we'll see Report
May 21, 201016 yr comment_9247 Ok well, I just poped the game in and it did an Update. Time to test it out I guess Report
May 21, 201016 yr comment_9271 So, I'm the opposite of PK. I've yet to play multi-player at all. I did however come up with a game that I think could be pretty fun in multi. Need to work out the details though. Report
May 21, 201016 yr comment_9275 Just picked up the game, going to start single player after lunch. Report
May 21, 201016 yr comment_9284 I should be on tonight for Multi. My family has taken over my xbox playing Red Dead lol. I am kicking everyone off tonight though! Report
May 21, 201016 yr Author comment_9294 So, I'm the opposite of PK. I've yet to play multi-player at all. I did however come up with a game that I think could be pretty fun in multi. Need to work out the details though.I played some single player last night. Pisses me off when you kill an animal and can't find it. Same goes for enemies. I'll know that I killed five, but only find three bodies to loot.I don't get that stupid knife/hand game, either. If I press the right buttons when they flash, time still runs out. I even memorized the guy doing it, but I end up stabbing my hand. Never playing it again. lol Report
May 21, 201016 yr comment_9302 I played some single player last night. Pisses me off when you kill an animal and can't find it. Same goes for enemies. I'll know that I killed five, but only find three bodies to loot.I don't get that stupid knife/hand game, either. If I press the right buttons when they flash, time still runs out. I even memorized the guy doing it, but I end up stabbing my hand. Never playing it again. lolWell bodies show up on your mini map as little black x's and you have to match the rhythm of the knife game not just when it pops up. Report
May 21, 201016 yr Author comment_9304 Shane and Spawn told me in IM's. Doesn't matter much to me, though. Never playing that knife game again. lolThat's what I thought. There weren't any in my SP game last night. I was right on top of the Elk and several Wolves that were chasing it. I never left the area, either. Stayed on my horse until all were dead. No X's and I never found the Elk, even though it was maybe 8 feet away when it died. I searched the few bushes there were, even though I saw where he fell.I'm hoping it's just a glitch and it gets worked out later. It's kind of put me off of killing critters for now. Report
May 21, 201016 yr comment_9307 I effing love this game, except for the donkey you start with in multiplayer. Stupid donkey... Report
May 21, 201016 yr Author comment_9309 lol You lose him fast enough by leveling (few gang hideouts). In our free roams, we call extra horses for the people with the Burros and Crack Horses. It's the neighborly thing to do. lol Report
May 22, 201016 yr comment_9337 Ugh, I just tried to play some of the multiplayer game modes, I hate how they have it set up into playlist with different kinda targeting and gametypes. Well at least I have the dying horse now, lol. Report
May 22, 201016 yr Author comment_9338 Well at least I have the dying horse now, lol.Skin and bones one? That's the Crack Horse. Congratulations. lol Report
May 23, 201016 yr comment_9394 Im really bad at all of the mini games =(. I tried to make money on liars dice and ended up losing all the money I already had. Report
May 23, 201016 yr comment_9396 Im really bad at all of the mini games =(. I tried to make money on liars dice and ended up losing all the money I already had. I always loss at that one, at least I can do pretty well at poker and I finally got the achievement for getting a ringer in a game of horseshoes.Oh, and that stranger that PK posted about a couple pages back, I found him out on the edge of a cliff not to far from the ranch, and I did the his quest to go talk to his buddy in Theives landing(he doesn't tell you whether to encourage him to commit adultery or to not, so I convinced the guy not to). Have to wait form him to appear again now to do his next quest. Report
May 23, 201016 yr comment_9398 Dice game is actually easier then most of the others, just see what you have and if you have 3 sixes and someone bets 2 sixes call there bluff. Really it's just a guessing game until everyone is down to there last two then you can actually figure stuff out on your own. Report
May 23, 201016 yr Author comment_9416 Since when does boxing someone, kill them? I did a certain mission for a stranger, and I didn't have the money for the thing I needed. I had just bought a gun and was short on the amount I needed. So I thought I could rough the person up a bit, to make him drop the price. Not even four swings and the person dies. The stranger even said to see if I could get the person to come down in price.Stupid strangers. Report
May 23, 201016 yr comment_9424 I love the Mulitplayer it is great fun! I spent three hours last night with some friends just taking over Armadillo to see what wanted bounty I could get up to lol. I was up to $1,110 and public enemy and was finally taken down lol. I want to break the $5000 one. Gonna be tough.SP is fun but I am only 5 hrs in so we will see. I am loving the game.rantBut.... I am kinda pissed off today! I have been unable to get into a game all day. I got connected to one free roam session. Ran around for a few minutes and bam it says "Alert, you were removed from your session due to connection problems with other players". I went to dashboard over and over and restarted the game multiple times trying to get into multi but it says the same thing every time and kicks you out to a infinite loading screen. Only way out is to go back to the dashboard. I got a really good internet connection so I don't know what the deal is. Guess I will be on SP until it lets me back on.Another thing, why the hell is it so hard to get to Outfitter?? I want to see my achievements and unlocks, switch things around but they made it very difficult to access. I have to wait to load up mulit free roam. Then I can back button, X to outfitter which kicks me out to yet another loading screen. Then I want to come back in? Yah I got to get another invite which makes, you guessed it, wait in another loading screen. Half my time has been loading screens on multiplayer!Lastly, how can you start your own private multi the easy way? The only way I was able to do this was to load up free roam and go from there to make it private and invite friends. Seems like such a pain so far./rantBut when you can get on and play it is quite awesome. Report
May 23, 201016 yr Author comment_9426 After visiting the outfitter, do this, start button/multiplayer/community. From there, you can join back into the game your XBL party is in. Private free roam is one of the choices when you pick multiplayer. There's public and private. Report
May 23, 201016 yr comment_9427 Figures, can't get connected to multi on one of the only days of the week that I get a chance to sit down and play uninterrupted. Argg. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.