June 8, 201016 yr comment_10587 Wish I could play more! Been really busy with work right now. I wish PK, GG and all you guys played earlier in the evening. I usually wrap up at 11pst on weekdays unless it happens to be a friday and I had time to get on haha. Report
June 8, 201016 yr Author comment_10596 Past few days, I've been on early playing with some GC people. Report
June 8, 201016 yr comment_10637 Past few days, I've been on early playing with some GC people.I noticed that. I wanted to get on then but alas work got in the way. I took the next couple of days off so perhaps I can get in sometime when you all are on. Report
June 12, 201016 yr comment_10896 Been hearing they nerfed the Gang Hideout XP by quite a bit. Something like 200 points for Twin Rocks, 400 points for Pike's Basin. Dunno why though, since that was the best way to gain XP, and actual VS. doesn't give you a whole lot at all. Getting to Legend 5 was kinda plausible before....oh well.... Report
June 12, 201016 yr comment_10897 Been hearing they nerfed the Gang Hideout XP by quite a bit. Something like 200 points for Twin Rocks, 400 points for Pike's Basin. Dunno why though, since that was the best way to gain XP, and actual VS. doesn't give you a whole lot at all. Getting to Legend 5 was kinda plausible before....oh well....I hope not. There was an update that rolled out last night. I haven't been able to play because it rolled out for PK and Assassin and I didn't get it. I haven't checked since about 5am this morning. I don't want it if that's the case! Report
June 12, 201016 yr comment_10902 Well, I tried Twin Rocks and only got 400 or so points out of it. I don't think all of them have been changed though, I still got 1200 or so from Tumbleweed.Go my first gold gun now at least, the Schofield Revolver. I think im pretty close to getting the Semi auto pistol and Winchester also. Report
June 12, 201016 yr comment_10907 Well. The update finally installed for me, and it looks like that might have nerfed it by 200 or 300 points, but I'm still getting close to 2000 for Pike's Basin and the difference could easily be in headshots etc. So, if they did, it doesn't seem to be by much. Report
June 12, 201016 yr Author comment_10919 Rockstar commented on their Patch page.@10207686 @Jefferson_NL @Jor-El and others, thanks for taking the time to give us all of your thoughts on some of the tweaks included in the title update, it was only after much consideration that we decided to balance out the amount of experience that's earned for completing Gang Hideouts in Red Dead's multiplayer Free Roam. We know this is a disappointment for those of you who've been grinding up lots of XP over the past couple weeks, but it's all necessary for proper balancing and tuning of the game variables. We hope you understand, and we've got some cool new Social Club challenges to look forward to that we'll be unlocking within the next week or so.@PopeSickle We take cheating very seriously and are actively looking into addressing these exploits. This will just push the people who were considering hacking/cheating to go ahead and do it. Bad move on R*'s part. Report
June 12, 201016 yr comment_10920 "but it's all necessary for proper balancing and tuning of the game variables"That's such BS. The only balance necessary is in the PVP. Free Roam for the most part is people wanting to be left alone to do what they will. I'm not a big fan of unlockables to begin with. Oh well though, it's just a few hundred XP so I'm not all that concerned. I'd like to know what aspects go into their balancing of what is basically single player grinding. Who cares if you grind in free roam. If it's seriously effecting PVP then the stats should just be completely seperated. One lvl block for Free Roam and one for PvP related actions. Report
June 12, 201016 yr Author comment_10923 I think they did it, so we'd all play the co-op levels and not so much on the hideouts. That is, if the new co-op missions give XP. They fucking better.Leveling has nothing to do with anything in this game, really. A level 1 could beat down a level 50. Especially if they know the better gun drops. You level in this game, to unlock a few characters and some lame mounts. Making it harder to do so, will turn many off of it now. Report
June 13, 201016 yr comment_10960 I think they did it, so we'd all play the co-op levels and not so much on the hideouts. That is, if the new co-op missions give XP. They ******* better.Leveling has nothing to do with anything in this game, really. A level 1 could beat down a level 50. Especially if they know the better gun drops. You level in this game, to unlock a few characters and some lame mounts. Making it harder to do so, will turn many off of it now.Agreed. I'm not a big fan of games that force me to go way out of my way to get unlocks. Grinding is acceptable when the game play stays fresh and the levels come quick enough. Report
June 13, 201016 yr comment_10972 I'm sort of confused about what's happening... Where are the co-op levels? Report
June 14, 201016 yr comment_11155 That's nice of them Not to nice, I'm sure it's already programmed on the disk. Report
June 15, 201016 yr comment_11312 I don't know about you guys but other than being with friends I find the online multiplayer portion for this game getting boring fast. Report
June 15, 201016 yr comment_11315 I don't care much for the free roam anymore, but I really like the gang shootouts and grab the bag matches. Report
June 15, 201016 yr Author comment_11324 I don't know about you guys but other than being with friends I find the online multiplayer portion for this game getting boring fast.Have you gotten far in your challenges? They can get mundane, but they can be a good way to break up the boredom. Report
June 16, 201016 yr comment_11374 Have you gotten far in your challenges? They can get mundane, but they can be a good way to break up the boredom.I might try some of those challenges. I have not done too much with them but I did pass the falling backwards down a mountain while being eaten by cougars and survive, PK challenge haha Report
June 23, 201016 yr comment_12002 So, the co-op thing is out......and now multiplayer just doesn't work for me. Infinite loading screen when I try to get into multiplayer. Every. Freaking. Time. Report
June 23, 201016 yr Author comment_12014 Stay tuned for announcements about more Red Dead Redemption DLC very soon. Report
June 23, 201016 yr comment_12017 Apparently gang hideouts are totally glitched now. They just keep giving you the amount of XP you gained at the end over and over every few seconds. Haven't got on to see if it's true, but quite a bit of people are saying it is. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.