April 6, 201016 yr comment_1467 Rockstar just announced something.As mentioned a couple weeks ago, the Rockstar Newswire will be bringing you full coverage of the first details on Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer component over the course of this week. http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/4501/red_dead_redemption_multiplayer_details_coming_this_week.articleSo, they announced that they'll be announcing stuff this week. Kudos, Rockstar. lolAnyone pre-order yet? If so, which bonus will you be packing? I pre-ordered from Amazon. Gold guns and $10 gift card. Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1473 Rockstar just announced something.As mentioned a couple weeks ago, the Rockstar Newswire will be bringing you full coverage of the first details on Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer component over the course of this week. http://www.rockstarg...is_week.articleSo, they announced that they'll be announcing stuff this week. Kudos, Rockstar. lolAnyone pre-order yet? If so, which bonus will you be packing? I pre-ordered from Amazon. Gold guns and $10 gift card.i did the golden guns as well but i had a previous $20 off coupon so i'm paying $42 for my copy with release day shipping. Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1704 I pre-ordered at Gamestop. I would have gotten it from Amazon, but for some reason I just prefer being able to walk into a store and pick it up. The game looks like its gonna be great. Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1714 Pre Ordered at Gamestop. I think you get like a bonus outfit, or something?Edit* Yeah, here's the outfit. Linkage Report
April 6, 201016 yr Author comment_1742 You have to complete like 6-7 missions before you can wear that outfit. It's pretty cool, though. Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1746 I'm pretty certain you won't be able to use any of the pre order bonus stuff without waiting awhile, doing missions saving up money, or building your skill so you can tame a horse or maybe shoot the golden guns. Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_1982 I pre-orderd this at gamestop for the convenience of just walking in and picking it up. The outfit is cool but was hoping for the hunters bonus instead. Report
April 8, 201016 yr Author comment_2228 Free roam video - http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/ Report
April 8, 201016 yr comment_2245 That looks amazing! I might just have to get my 360 repaired for this! Report
April 9, 201016 yr comment_2311 I've put off getting Red Dead, but the multi-player video boosted my interest in the game enough to warrant a purchase. I like how they are changing the Free Roam from GTA IV, and I do like westerns, so I guess this makes it a winner for me. The only thing that sucks is that other games I want are coming out on the same day. Oh...my poor wallet lol Report
April 25, 201016 yr Author comment_5448 Get to it, man. There's no choppers, but I bet you could pilot a mean horse. lol Report
April 25, 201016 yr comment_5449 lol, I better. I was practically raised on a horse. Mom would disown me if I couldn't pilot one in a game. Amazon still the best preorder? Report
April 25, 201016 yr comment_5452 lol, I better. I was practically raised on a horse. Mom would disown me if I couldn't pilot one in a game. Amazon still the best preorder?Technically yes because of the $10 off of a future Amazon order, but I think I'm going to preorder mine from Best Buy for the War Horse, rather than Amazon's Golden Guns, just seems cooler to me. I should definitely get my preorder in soon as well. I usually wait until less than a month before a game is released to preorder so I have a chance to see all the preorder bonuses and special editions. Report
April 25, 201016 yr comment_5453 Technically yes because of the $10 off of a future Amazon order, but I think I'm going to preorder mine from Best Buy for the War Horse, rather than Amazon's Golden Guns, just seems cooler to me. I should definitely get my preorder in soon as well. I usually wait until less than a month before a game is released to preorder so I have a chance to see all the preorder bonuses and special editions.Well, I think I'm going to preorder from there as well. If you sign up for reward zone, or you are already a member you will get 250 bonus points with the preorder. That's a $5 in store gift card that works better than most because it deducts from the price of the item, effectively reducing it by $5 + whatever your sales tax rate is. You also receive the price of the preorder ( $60 ) towards the gamerzone rewards. Which is $10 for ever 150 you spend. So, pretty close to the same discount, plus you get the war horse. Report
April 25, 201016 yr comment_5454 Well, I think I'm going to preorder from there as well. If you sign up for reward zone, or you are already a member you will get 250 bonus points with the preorder. That's a $5 in store gift card that works better than most because it deducts from the price of the item, effectively reducing it by $5 + whatever your sales tax rate is. You also receive the price of the preorder ( $60 ) towards the gamerzone rewards. Which is $10 for ever 150 you spend. So, pretty close to the same discount, plus you get the war horse.Well I've just been looking at Amazon, and it actually sounds like a pretty good deal. They have free super saver shipping, $3 off, and a bonus $10 gift card/credit on a LOT of preorders right now. The next two games I'm getting for sure are Red Dead Redemption and Crackdown 2, so if I preorder from Amazon I'll get RDR for $57 (with tacky golden guns, I'd much prefer a sweet horse, but MAYBE the WH is in game and the BB code just let's you get it early), then I'd pretty much preorder C2 right after that for $47 (which comes with the same armor colors preorder bonus as GS), and I'd have another $10 credit for Amazon for something else later on (like FF13).Damn, I don't know how Amazon is doing all these bonus $10s, but it's SMART, making you want to buy more from them instead of somewhere else. Because it's not like you're getting $10 off, it's more like you're compelled to buy something else, with a discount.EDIT: And now I looked at C2's release date and it's not until JULY now... ugh. Report
April 25, 201016 yr Author comment_5455 I never had to break out a protractor to find out where I was gonna buy a game. =pPre-order from where you want. be a purist and get zero. No early jump on MP, because you have a patch, or a colored gun to gain you more fame. Not even a horse that is stronger or runs faster. Just get the damn game, so we can all play. lolI like a good deal, but this is beginning to get silly. Report
April 25, 201016 yr comment_5458 I never had to break out a protractor to find out where I was gonna buy a game. =pPre-order from where you want. be a purist and get zero. No early jump on MP, because you have a patch, or a colored gun to gain you more fame. Not even a horse that is stronger or runs faster. Just get the damn game, so we can all play. lolI like a good deal, but this is beginning to get silly.Fuggit. Ima get it the War Horse then. I'll just get Crackdown 2 at Amazon later on for that gift card. And the items don't give you a multiplayer advantage, they are for SP (and maybe freeroam) use, and your multiplayer items are based on how high your rank is and stuff. I'll preorder it now so I won't keep going back and forth deciding where to preorder it lol. Report
April 25, 201016 yr Author comment_5460 Bam! That's what I'm saying. I'm gonna use my $10 from Red Dead on Crackdown 2. Report
April 25, 201016 yr comment_5461 Bam! That's what I'm saying. I'm gonna use my $10 from Red Dead on Crackdown 2.But then again maybe I should do that too, then I could...... jk Report
April 25, 201016 yr comment_5463 Pre-ordered I'm finding it really hard to contain my excitement for this game. lol Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.