September 27, 201016 yr comment_20023 Would have been faster, but my BMI Pro kept crashing Windows 7. I THINK I finally have all the kinks worked out. Which is good, because things are running a lot smoother with 7. My console casts are smoother and everything. Report
September 28, 201016 yr comment_20234 http://feeds.wired.com/~r/wired/index/~3/F6r-VeekIzM/Wired talks about minecraft. Report
September 29, 201016 yr comment_20289 Anyone want to help this guy build a 1:1 scale replica of the Starship Enterprise? LoL!!! Report
September 29, 201016 yr Author comment_20297 Anyone want to help this guy build a 1:1 scale replica of the Starship Enterprise? LoL!!! I've seen that posted everywhere, and that guy getting mad props. He didn't do that by hand. He input it into the Classic game and loaded it up. He didn't even hand clear that giant hole it's in. Spawn cleared an entire mountain by hand, and built a massive pyramid where it used to be. He should get props. Not this guy. Report
September 29, 201016 yr comment_20298 Well see, I know nothing about Minecraft/how it works/etc. I just thought the idea of building a 1:1 Enterprise was pretty sweet. LoLSo anyways, KUDOS TO SPAWN! There. Problem solved. Spawny gets props from the pandaman. Report
September 30, 201016 yr comment_20358 Well, I'm not looking for props. It's really just therapy. Lots of clicking and it's great for when you have a crappy day. Below is an updated picture, with my expansion well underway. Much more impressive in-game. Trust me. You really should get it and try it out Chris, it's so fun. Report
September 30, 201016 yr comment_20384 I did try it out for a bit. I built mahself a little castle with a house inside of it. LoL Report
September 30, 201016 yr comment_20386 I did try it out for a bit. I built mahself a little castle with a house inside of it. LoLBeing on the server Dat has running really is different. I didn't care for it before I got on there. Now, I have that monstrosity of a pyramid. That is growing. lol Report
September 30, 201016 yr comment_20428 Latest aerial of the world. It's pretty big, so best to download it so you can zoom in etc. Hopefully Notch releases an update tomorrow too. Report
October 2, 201016 yr Author comment_20535 I order you to play some Borderlands. lolAssassin, Sed and I are playing later. Want to join us? Report
October 3, 201016 yr comment_20590 I can see my new tower on the map. It's the gray circle southeast of the bridge leading to Dat's castle. Here are some screenshots (I'll post all but the first as links to not make one massive post):Here's the tower from the outside. It is 11 floors total, each floor being 4 blocks high. 6 are above ground, 5 below ground.Here is what all floors but the top look like. I haven't really done any interior decoration yet:http://img844.images.../238/tower2.pngThis is the top floor:http://img138.images...9901/tower3.pngHere's the roof. You can see Kograth's sea tower in the distance (on the right):http://img198.images...151/tower4e.pngAnd here is the bottom of the tower, though I might make it go down another floor or two. I can't go any higher as the highest block is right on the height cap. There happened to be a mine chamber directly below the tower, so I'm going to make it into my mine:http://img829.images...8835/tower5.pngYou may notice there are a lot of trees around it. I planted about 50 of them to get wood for the floors (it takes a bit over 100 planks, or 25 wood, per floor). I'm going to need to hire a gardener to get rid of those damned floating leaves. lolThe game is running much smoother for me, but still randomly crashes after 2 to 10 minutes. I also turned my sand castle into glass because I didn't like it anymore, and stripped out my "hatch" for materials. Report
October 4, 201016 yr comment_20645 Left 4 Minecraft?Also, I LoL'd at this parody of those super sexual Ebony ads you see everywhere online. Report
October 4, 201016 yr comment_20680 Pretty ambitious. I hope he can pull it all off and pass on the multiplayer features and bug fixes as well. Report
October 6, 201016 yr comment_20904 Added status of Survival Server to OP.<BR><BR><a href=" src=" /></a> Report
October 7, 201016 yr comment_20911 Yep, and I'm working on getting that Google Maps render going. That will be pretty sweet. I'll setup a minecraft.dateranoth.com when I get the time and I'll link the server status and the map render. Then, when spawn gets the time he can redirect to it using minecraft.gamercide.org or similar if he wants. Probably take me a bit to get it all going. The first render will probably be over 120MB. Report
October 9, 201016 yr comment_20990 Wanted to update this thread again. Looks like some of it was lost as well. I finished the auto map create and ftp upload. So the map is ready and will stay up to date on a once or twice daily basis. It's pretty epic.http://minecraft.dateranoth.com Report
October 10, 201016 yr comment_21008 Even more new toys http://minecraftam.com/MM.aspxCan be more complicated, but I already rotated, shrunk, and found the scale for the map I listed below. Also the overlay settings should be close. Follow the instructions below and you should be up and going in no time.Download the client app and run the java file and close it.Should create a mmClientCfg.txt.Open it and change:overlayOffsetX=-1072overlayOffsetY=-942overlayScale=2.0Download this map:http://dateranoth.co...gamercideMM.pngOpen the java app back up and load the map. Then connect to the server using the server IP without the port. Leave the other port alone. Once connected you will want to log on to Minecraft and goto a location you can find easily. Hopefully with the offsets I gave you it will work ok. If not click calibrate overlay and adjust the settings until the map is centered on your player properly. Once it is you can then ACTIVELY see the locations of all the players in the world Report
October 12, 201015 yr comment_21181 I'm still testing it, and I doubt anyone here cares, BUT I do believe I have incremental backups working! I'll post up the script once I'm sure it's gonna work. What this means for everyone else is INCREASED number of backups. Since they won't take up nearly any space I can backup VERY regularly now. They have been made every 2 hours, but with incremental backups I could backup every minute and probably take up less space in a day then a full backup every 2 hours. Report
October 13, 201015 yr comment_21025 The above program still works but I have an easier method now:Simply download this file: http://www.dateranoth.com/gamercide/minecraft_MM_GC.zipIt has all the offsets preset and the map comes with it. Should be able to open it and just connect to the server. This gives live status updates of player locations. I'll likely keep the plugin running, but the google maps version is now auto updating player location every 5 minutes as well.I have some more goodies worked out that I'll post later. Report
October 14, 201015 yr comment_21290 Some more goodies for all! First off, the map can be accessed at http://minecraft.gamercide.org (Thanks Spawn!) . Next, we have some great new plugins running. First up is Personal waypoints!Commands and directions for using Personal Waypoints: ( Only Mods can use other peoples waypoints ) WAYPOINT NAMES ARE CASE SENSITIVE!/wp [name] - Teleport to name waypoint. (requires /wp access)/wp [player] [name] - Teleport to player's name waypoint. (requires /wpother access)/setwp [name] - Create a waypoint called name. (requires /wp access)/listwp - List your waypoints (requires /wp access)/listwp [player] - List another player's waypoints. (requires /listwpother access)/rmwp [name] - Removed named waypoint (requires /wp access)Next up is Locked Chests! This should stop any pesky thieves!Players are defaulted to PUBLIC chests.By using /chestprotect (or /cp) you are able to set what mode you want your new chests in.Names and groups using this command must be spelled out and separated with a semicolon.COMMAND EXAMPLES:/chestprotect 1 :: Your chests will be public, anyone can open them/chestprotect 2 :: Your chests will be private, only you can open them/chestprotect 3 admins;ops :: Your chests will belong to the groups admins and ops, you and anyone from these groups can open them./chestprotect 4 hey0;wonktnod :: Your chests will belong to the players hey0 and Wonktnod, you and these players can open them. In order to create a double-wide chest, you must own both chests. Placing a new chest next to an existing chest with different permission settings may or may not convert the existing chest to the new permissions, this feature will be completed in the next update.If you open a locked chest, the chest will appear blank. If you try to put anything into the locked chest, it will be eaten.Admins can open any chest, are given chest details, and destroy any chest.Players can open any of their own chests and are given chest details.Chests can only be destroyed by their owner or an admin.Links to both threads about them on Hey0.netChest ProtectWaypoint PluginPlease let me know if there are any issues with the above plugins. I have not tested them fully myself. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.