November 13, 201015 yr comment_23836 Sorry to keep changing it, but I've had to change chest protection again. This time you will have to 'relock' your chests. You won't have to destroy them, but you will have to add them as yours. Here are the commands.FeaturesBoth protections by user/group and by passwordLimits of how many chests a user or group can lockSmall memory footprint (virtually none). No flatfiles. No excessive storage in memory--the protected chests are only loaded into memory temporarily when needed.No excessive disk I/O. The only data stored on the disk is Chest locks and Limits. Everything else such as pending locks, unlocks, etc is stored in an sqlite in-memory database, which is never written to the disk.sqlite is used--no MySQL is needed which some people can't run because it's heavy. SQLite comes with the mod, packaged with it if you will. in some cases SQLite is actually faster than MySQL. It's very fast and is very attractive for a mod such as this, where thousands of chests may be protectedCommands/lwc....create public - Create a public chest ANYONE can access but not lockcreate password <Password> - Create a password-protected chestcreate private g:admins @Hidendra EvilGuy g:mods CoolGuy - Create a protected chest. @ denotes they are a chest admin (can add/remove users) modify -EvilGuy Hidendra -g:mods - In the last command, this one would remove Hidendra's chest admin access, remove EvilGuy's access to the chest fully and also remove the group mods from access. - denotes removing themfree chest - Remove a chest, only the chest owner and LWC Admins can do thisfree pending - No longer needed as of 1.1, but still here just incase (deprecated) info - View info on a chest. Only LWC admins and Chest admins can use this on their chestsThe following commands can only be used by LWC Adminsadmin limits <amount> <groups/users> - Limits the list of groups/users to only be able to create so many protected chest (Protected=public,password,private). g:group denotes groupsadmin clear chests - WARNING: PERMANENTLY REMOVES EVERY CHEST! NO WARNINGS!!admin clear limits - WARNING: PERMANENTLY REMOVES EVERY LIMIT! NO WARNINGS!! Example: /lwc create private Hidendra g:modsLWC AdminsIf a player has access to the command /lwcadmin, they have admin rights to this mod. What does this entail? They can:/info all chests/free any chestview+modify any chestLWC ModsIf a player has access to the command /lwcmod, they have mod rights. They're "basically" admins, just with some restrictions. They can:/info all chests LWC Mods can currently only /info chests. Originally it was they could view them as well, but nothing stopped them from taking items (they'd regenerate as if nothing happened, which essentially duped it)To sum it up, basically you use '/lwc create private'Then left click your chest. It will change ownership to you and only you can open it. You can also read above to see that you can add a password ( you don't have to enter it, only others ) or per user protection etc. It is possible for someone to claim your unclaimed chest, but mods can see this info and then we can fix the issue. This one seems to actually work well. Report
November 28, 201015 yr comment_24423 Server is finally back online. Health and animals are enabled. I have disabled monsters and PVP but can enable either one when you guys are ready.EDIT,Enabled monsters temporarily. The were everywhere! Still up to you guys if you want them in the game. Report
December 4, 201015 yr comment_24765 hey guys ive honestly been playing on minecraft for a while... names ownedblood im pretty sure... build a biggg brick house and was in the process of building a blastiose when my laptop blew up xP Report
December 6, 201015 yr comment_24897 Let me know if you want to play on the SMP server. I can get you setup to build.Well, I believe it's time. The minecraft server is going full SMP. The world is still and has been backed up every 10 minutes. So, if there is any major destruction then it can be restored to a previous point, but monsters are coming out now. Report
December 6, 201015 yr comment_24898 I guess it's about time I try to get back to the game again, if for nothing else than protecting my chests. Don't remember the commands though. Also, is it possible to protect my tower from people other than me and mods? I'm thinking if I can spawn them, I want to make it into a dungeon (but no creepers, so they don't blow it up lol) Report
December 6, 201015 yr comment_24899 I guess it's about time I try to get back to the game again, if for nothing else than protecting my chests. Don't remember the commands though. Also, is it possible to protect my tower from people other than me and mods? I'm thinking if I can spawn them, I want to make it into a dungeon (but no creepers, so they don't blow it up lol)No region protection yet. The chest protection commands are a few posts up. Also, health is on and no auto heal. Report
December 10, 201015 yr comment_25134 Let me know if you want to play on the SMP server. I can get you setup to build.im trying to get nick vinetti up and running on gamercides server, but i have no idea how Report
December 10, 201015 yr comment_25135 Sometime today I might try to get on Minecraft to do a stress test on my new six core CPU. lol Report
December 10, 201015 yr comment_25153 im trying to get nick vinetti up and running on gamercides server, but i have no idea how He can view the server anytime. Just needs to connect to this ip:gcminecraft.selfip.com:25566Have him PM me with his username and I can give him build status. Report
December 11, 201015 yr Author comment_25167 Minecraft got all kinds of brutal. Ninja Creepers and Archers etc. If the Archer hadn't shot, I never would have known he was behind me. Bastard. Report
December 11, 201015 yr Author comment_25174 Pretty cool wallpaperhttp://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6215/tumblrlcrgwblmhj1qevj5h.jpg Report
December 11, 201015 yr comment_25179 Anyone know if it's been patched lately? I wonder if it will run for me now. Report
December 11, 201015 yr Author comment_25211 Almost everytime I run it, I get an update. I say give it a try, GG. Can't hurt, and I'd like to see you playing a game you paid for. Report
December 12, 201015 yr comment_25238 I think i might need the server info and stuff. It's been awhile since I've been on. Report
December 12, 201015 yr Author comment_25243 I think i might need the server info and stuff. It's been awhile since I've been on.gcminecraft.selfip.com:25566 Report
December 12, 201015 yr comment_25247 So I loaded the game and there was a skeleton archer on the roof of my tower so I went back downstairs and tried the front door. There was a creeper right outside of it, and when I ran back inside it kept hopping around in front of the window. I got scurred and turned it off. Report
December 13, 201015 yr comment_25277 Going to Beta on the 20th. Get your copies now.</h2><h2>Minecraft Beta: December 20, 2010 The next epoch is upon us! The skies are trembling, pigs are growing wings, and the nether is turning awfully cold, as Minecraft slowly crawls out of Alpha.. Minecraft will reach Beta status on December 20th, 2010. With Beta comes a larger focus on polish and content, and we’ll start early on with adding proper modding support with a stable API, and we’d love all input we can get on this from the modders out there. We’ll also add some kind of non-intrusive narrative to the game to help drive the game experience early on, and to provide some kind of late game goal. There will be a bigger focus on testing and stability as well, with more time between updates. When the game enters beta, the price will rise to 14.95 Euro. We will also change the license to remove the line that promises all future versions of the game for free. Please note that this change only affects people who buy the game after December 20, so if you got the game for during alpha, you will still get all future updates for free, despite this change. A promise is a promise. Buying the game during beta will include all updates up until release, of course, and bug patches will be free. Soon, you will be able to buy gift codes for Minecraft, perfectly timed for the holidays! Even better, if you buy those before December 20, accounts created from these codes will count as alpha accounts, and will receive all future updates for free. And the next game update (with server-side inventory) is coming next week, before Beta Merry holidays happy! Report
December 13, 201015 yr comment_25285 My tower has been bombed twice now. Once when my brother was playing, neither of us saw it but somehow it was there when he was climbing some stairs, and a second time when I was playing again shortly after, I went outside to look around, then went back inside and one of the feckers was waiting for me and asplodded my entrance. I'm going to put floodlights (i.e. a crapton of torches) in and around my tower now. I think a few of them were spawning in the unlit food room with the mushrooms in it. Report
December 13, 201015 yr comment_25307 Hah that's exactly the problem I was having. Creepers everywhere, and they don't even disappear when the sun comes up like other monsters unless they despawn from no one being in the area. My tower got bombed several times, and they were constantly kamikaze'ing the large wall I was building around it. But now it's finished, and I think I have pretty solid protection. Increased the lighting inside and on the roof so they don't spawn there, and have a 5 block away wall with inner lighting so they don't spawn inside it. This will also prevent creepers from blowing up the wall when I stand too close to it on the first floor. Monsters don't seem to be affected by torches at all, other than the fact that they won't spawn near them. Report
December 13, 201015 yr Author comment_25321 Yeah, I've noticed when the sun comes up, there's still monsters roaming outside. Some catch on fire and die, but some remain fine and ready to blow you up. Also, the Archer's are way too accurate. I was in a temporary shelter with an open window (no glass), on top of a hill. He was down below and managed to hit me through the window when I couldn't even see him from where I was. Straight up HAX! lol Report
December 14, 201015 yr comment_25330 Ok, I was tired of creepers explodiness. CreeperNerf Plugin: http://forum.hey0.net/showthread.php?tid=1634&page=1This in not a plugin that simply disables creeper explosions. Instead, it modifies their behavior :-> under a certain altitude (default : 55), they will blow up as usual, not making mines any safer-> above this altitude, they will deal configurable area damage, then disappear, mimic-ing an explosion, without the world being damaged. I have the default set to 55 and TNT nerfed to do the same thing. If anyone notices problems with the altitude let me know. Creepers shouldn't be so annoying now. Report
December 14, 201015 yr comment_25333 Thaaaaaank you, Dat.Also as for the skeleton archers, they totally hack. I had my tower's defense wall two blocks high at first, and they'd be standing right in front of it jumping, and shooting me while I'm looking out of my doorway. Needless to say it is now three blocks high. lolStill, it was kind of fun in a masochist, challenge-seeking kind of way. Certainly got me moving on setting up my defenses. At least now I can build in peace for the most part during the day. Report
December 14, 201015 yr Author comment_25343 Yes indeed, thank you! Any way to make the Archers blind? lol Report
December 21, 201015 yr comment_25980 Minecraft is now in Beta, and our server will be going down for a bit while the mods are updated to work with the beta. I'll let you guys know when it's back up. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.