September 11, 201016 yr comment_18636 Inventory is working! AND it's live on the server. Just tested it out. Report
September 11, 201016 yr comment_18639 Inventory is working! AND it's live on the server. Just tested it out. Does it save your inventory to your character when you d/c or leave? If so I must join tonight. Report
September 11, 201016 yr comment_18706 Took the server down for a bit to upgrade some hardware. I've had it running off an old IDE drive for way too long now. It's running on a SATA II drive now. Hopefully that will be a noticeable difference in access and loading times. If I can come up with another 500GB drive I'll likely RAID them for further performance. Report
September 11, 201016 yr Author comment_18717 Having chests working is really nice. It's about damn time. lol Report
September 12, 201016 yr comment_18745 i dont get it, everytime i try to play this game anymore it just crashes on me Report
September 13, 201016 yr Author comment_18769 im not sure pk, how do you tell?Right click the shortcut to Minecraft and choose "Run as administrator". Also, be sure there's no extra space at the end of the server address, when you paste it in. You'll get a black screen. Report
September 14, 201016 yr comment_18881 Looks like Notch has hired 2 guys.http://notch.tumblr.com/Though I do not like this line:...Me, the other secret guy with the game idea we’re going to make...Just what he needs. More distraction from this game. Report
September 14, 201016 yr Author comment_18897 I'm with you, Dat. He's made a mint off of his alpha game. So much has been broken from the start, and he barely even addresses them. If it was free beta access for a limited time, I wouldn't feel right saying anything. But I and everyone else, paid our hard earned money. All he seems to be doing, is entering contests and flying all over the world. Report
September 17, 201016 yr Author comment_19247 Also, it took Gabe to get the furnaces fixed. lol (part of tomorrow's Friday update) Report
September 17, 201016 yr Author comment_19250 Using Doku's RPG texture pack mod. Looks pretty sweet. Has a few shortcomings, but hopefully they'll get worked out soon. Report
September 17, 201016 yr Author comment_19299 Getting pretty tired of stuff like this."I need rest! (technically food and beer) I’ll finish the update tomorrow instead.I’ll add crouching, which will prevent you from walking over an edge, to make up for the late release. "When last night, he said this."I’ve got TWO meetings today despite me trying hard not to have any at all, so the Friday update will probably happen at around midnight my time." And a bit later "[edit:]I think the meetings got cancelled! "He made it sound like he was too busy, then he wasn't. So, instead of coming out with the update like (ab)normal, he pushes it back again.HE KEEPS ADDING THINGS! Go back and fix all the bugs in the things already in the game. Or, I don't know, address the problem with so many not being able to play a game they paid for. Report
September 17, 201016 yr comment_19308 *sigh* At least he acknowledge some of the texture modders in the blog. So maybe he'll work on support for me textures. Or at least fix something. Report
September 17, 201016 yr Author comment_19309 *sigh* At least he acknowledge some of the texture modders in the blog. So maybe he'll work on support for me textures. Or at least fix something.If Rock, Paper and Shotgun (they use Painterly Pack) hadn't mentioned it in their blog that Notch has been tweeting about, I doubt he would have mentioned the modders at all. He's driven by celebs and sites speaking well about him. Finish the product, then soak in all the accolades. He's finished one game for a contest, and is already working with someone on another. Meanwhile, Minecraft gets one or two things semi weekly.Don't get me wrong. I enjoy the game. I want it to do well, I really do. Just want it given the attention it deserves. Report
September 17, 201016 yr Author comment_19310 lol Now Rock, Paper and Shotgun is using the Doku RPG texture pack - http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/09/17/minecraft-mine-the-gap-day-4/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RockPaperShotgun+%28Rock%2C+Paper%2C+Shotgun%29That's awesome. Maybe they'll mention no animated water and get Notch to get on it straight away. Report
September 18, 201016 yr comment_19372 Well, as foreseen, minecraft.net has finally went down hard. The servers are overloaded and he's taken basically everything down. My game won't update atm and it will be slow for a while I suspect. My server has user verification on right now so you will NOT be able to connect until he fixes this. If you really want to play this weekend I'll backup everything and turn verification off. Just let me know. Poor foresight on his part to not allocate a chunk of that money to new servers sooner, when the game requires a connection to play and has REQUIRED updates so frequently. Oh well, hopefully when his help gets settled in they can take care of the stuff in a more timely manner. Report
September 22, 201016 yr comment_19696 Mincecraft meets Inception. http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2010/09/20/minecraft-gets-its-very-own-inception-trailer/ Report
September 25, 201016 yr comment_19966 Server is going to be down for a while today. I'm going to attempt to move from windows xp to windows 7. Will take me a while to get all the necessary programs reinstalled to get the server back up. Report
September 26, 201016 yr comment_19980 Here is a possible fix for all of the people having black screen issues, especially when the game is first launched:Go to C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Application Data\.minecraft and delete everything in that folder except saves (unless you don't care to keep any of your single player saves).The game will restore any necessary files when it updates the next time you open it, and the problem should be fixed.If someone tries this and it works, I guess I'll make it it's own thread so other Minecraft users who can't play their game will see it. It seems to have worked for me, but I haven't played any multiplayer yet to see if it's doing it there. Report
September 26, 201016 yr comment_19987 Server is now back up. Running WIndows 7 64bit. Should be good to go for the time being, but I will have it up and down over the next few days as I finish setting everything up. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.