August 20, 201016 yr Author comment_16749 That happens at the spawn points, where you first start out at. Walk several yards away, and you should be able to build/destroy. Report
August 20, 201016 yr Author comment_16750 My ice house with working switch door. So proud. lol Report
August 20, 201016 yr comment_16756 i should take pics of my lair. i like the way its turning out Report
August 20, 201016 yr comment_16776 That happens at the spawn points, where you first start out at. Walk several yards away, and you should be able to build/destroy.Ok so that's normal then! I thought I was going crazy for a moment Thanks again for everyone's help I really appreciate it!! When you folks get a chance can you try it out from your locations to make sure you can get in? Spawn couldn't get in last night but I am able to locally as well as at another locations now.. 68.99.151.52:25565Thanks so much everyone Report
August 20, 201016 yr Author comment_16780 Loaded up perfectly for me. Also, there is a GIANT mine not 75 yards from shore. It branches off in many directions. If I wasn't going to bed, I'd make 100 torches and explore it. lol Report
August 20, 201016 yr comment_16781 Loaded up perfectly for me. Also, there is a GIANT mine not 75 yards from shore. It branches off in many directions. If I wasn't going to bed, I'd make 100 torches and explore it. lolhaha awesome! I havent even had a chance to check it all out yet! But hopefully this weekend I can play some Report
August 20, 201016 yr comment_16795 so does the server just randomly go down? i couldnt sign in this morning before work Report
August 20, 201016 yr Author comment_16829 so does the server just randomly go down? i couldnt sign in this morning before work Servers need to be updated. Both clients and servers got updates today. Report
August 20, 201016 yr comment_16833 Servers need to be updated. Both clients and servers got updates today.This may not be happening. The update created more bugs then it fixed. Day/Night Cycle has been added, but there's a host of other problemsChickens and pigs: Indestructible. When they start drowning you just here "BAWK!BAWK!BAWK!"Fences: Can not jump over, if you get on top of them you get stuck in a damage loop. Also, they seem to be turning invisible.Doors: Work, until the bottom half opens independently of the top half. Also, they seem to open themselves randomly. (iron doors and switches still not working)Player Damage: Now off on all difficulties. Day/Night: Working. (SO AWESOME)Torches: Hurray, I can not duplicate the floating torch glitch anymore.F5: No longer "over the shoulder".Duplicating Items?: Closing the inventory with an item on the cursor appears to drop the item, but it remains on the cursor when you open your inventory again. This can be repeated for infinite item duplication in multiplayer.Inventory: Still client sideAt the moment there is no way to use the old server version with the new required client. There are some modders working on it, but until its fixed the server will be staying down. Report
August 20, 201016 yr comment_16834 I'm assuming if you update then you lose those mods just freshly put on last evening that i did to mine LOL doh! Report
August 20, 201016 yr Author comment_16835 This makes me sad. I wish he'd just fix the stuff he has now, instead of adding in new things.Why even add in mobs, if we can't store our gear? Makes no sense to me. Report
August 20, 201016 yr comment_16836 This makes me sad. I wish he'd just fix the stuff he has now, instead of adding in new things.Why even add in mobs, if we can't store our gear? Makes no sense to me.Go read the Secret Friday Update 8 in the forums and you'll get a sense of why. He's listening to everyone screaming for updates and plowing them out without testing them. I can get the server running with a different mod, but I really don't feel like changing just because he's latest update is screwy. I can also just run a vanilla server, but I don't want to do that either. I'll keep an eye out for a mod that tackles the problem, but hopefully Notch is hard at work fixing it now so it will be a none issue. Report
August 20, 201016 yr Author comment_16839 He's not hard at work. He's busy globetrotting to meetings with Sun, Valve etc.I'd be content with a vanilla server, but only if you wanted it as well. It'd give me something to do while we wait. I'm not a big fan of the single player. Report
August 20, 201016 yr comment_16843 I think that's what I'm going to do with mine.. Just install it fresh and updated with no mods to worry about.. I'm gonna spend some time this weekend finally getting a chance to play around in there Report
August 20, 201016 yr comment_16851 Alright, its up. Mods are running, but the bugs are still there. Report
August 20, 201016 yr comment_16857 If mobs are in MP now, I say we, if not disable them entirely, at least disable creepers with some sort of mod so they don't destroy our creations with their explosions. Or at least disable them from damaging the environment. Honestly, they shouldn't even be in MP yet if we can't keep anything we make, and hence won't have any weapons or armor when we load the game. Report
August 20, 201016 yr comment_16859 If mobs are in MP now, I say we, if not disable them entirely, at least disable creepers with some sort of mod so they don't destroy our creations with their explosions. Or at least disable them from damaging the environment. Honestly, they shouldn't even be in MP yet if we can't keep anything we make, and hence won't have any weapons or armor when we load the game.Nothing does damage yet. I think its just chickens and pigs atm anyhow. Report
August 20, 201016 yr Author comment_16869 There's literally a zoo inside of Dat's massive walls. Chickens and pigs everywhere. lol Report
August 21, 201016 yr comment_16925 The outside of a very crappy Casa de C&CAnd the inside looks crap so far as well. At least I have a 'throne'. LoL Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.