Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Minecraft Classic

Featured Replies

  • Replies 313
  • Views 21.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose I might get it. I'm hoping that the final version will use DirectX instead of OpenGL, so it runs more smoothly on my computer when there are a lot of physics and AI going on.

I think what I'll do is, if I don't like the Castlevania XBLA game and don't get that, I may get this instead.

I'd really like to buy the full version, because it has zombies that come out at night time. I'd build a fort and pull an I am legend. Only problem is that it's $13..

  • Author

I'd really like to buy the full version, because it has zombies that come out at night time. I'd build a fort and pull an I am legend. Only problem is that it's $13..

$13 is nothing. I've spent $15 on an XBLA game and didn't spend near much time as I do on Minecraft. The new alpha multiplayer is fun as hell. Need to craft things like torches, boats, weapons, tools etc.

Me and my friend recreated gm_construct and gm_flatgrass from "Garry's Mod"

construct.th.jpg

flatgrass.th.jpg

I bought it. It's pretty fun. Only thing I'm hoping is that they fix the occasional choppiness in the framerate by the time the game is finished. Even though you don't have the freedom to build like Classic, Alpha is pretty fun with the digging around and crafting. I made a badass waterfall in it last night (Fatal was hosting and was able to give me flowing water blocks).

  • Author

Last night, I found the biggest waterfall I've ever seen. It was up near the clouds. Naturally, I swam up it. I get right to the top, and the damn current pushed me right off of it. I died and lost most my awesome gear. Stupid beautiful waterfall.

I think Fatal needs to douse those fires. I think that's the problem we're having with not being able to pick things up. The spawn point has all these tree stumps on fire. lol

Last night, I found the biggest waterfall I've ever seen. It was up near the clouds. Naturally, I swam up it. I get right to the top, and the damn current pushed me right off of it. I died and lost most my awesome gear. Stupid beautiful waterfall.

I think Fatal needs to douse those fires. I think that's the problem we're having with not being able to pick things up. The spawn point has all these tree stumps on fire. lol

Yep, that's probably my waterfall, thanks.

And I've decided to call that mountain Torch Mountain, because the burned up trees with fire on top look like a bunch of torches. lol

Had I more building blocks, or could get them myself (for water) I think I'd have made the lake on top of the falls' mountain still water, but that would have required a lot more pieces and taken longer. So now it's almost like a whirlpool at the top. lol

Well I'm really enjoying the single player, running around crafting weapons and armor and trying to survive, but it pisses me off that there's only one save slot and it always autosaves whenever you do something (such as dying, which removes all of your damn equipment). I have high hopes for the finished product.

I left a cave after mining for the day and it was dark, and I suddenly died out of nowhere from a skeleton archer I couldn't get away from (he was shooting down at me while I tried to get out). It was BS.

lol Should have played MP with us.

Those skeletons are BRUTAL. None of the other enemies give me so much trouble. I managed to get a steel sword, a leather helmet, and leather armor, and it took all but one heart of my health to kill one. They just keep on knocking you back with those arrows that do like 3 hearts of damage, before you can even get to them. They definitely need to be weakened in the upcoming versions of the game, and a better save system definitely needs to be added.

They could add a shield. You could have the sword and shield in two adjacent quick slots, then just scroll back and forth between them to block and attack.

So, you guys been using my server or what server have you been using? My brother tried mine out the other day without problem. However, I'm game to join whatever server you guys are on. Anyhow, I'll be home tonight/tomorrow 8/6/10 and will be able to update keep the server going or join yours. I'll be going back to full time work Monday though so I'll be unavailable most late nights.

Have you tried the quick makeshift shelter approach at night? A person told me about it on Classic the other day. At night, you build a 3x3 shelter and wait for daybreak or something.

Yeah, I usually just mine during the nights, and block off, or build a short wall around, the entrance. If it's a mine that I've made myself, there shouldn't be any monsters in it. During the day I hunt cows and pigs (lol that sounds strange) for leather for armor and ham for healing, and chop down trees.

I don't know where to get silver, gold, or diamond to make better tools. Are they just really rare in some mines?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.