December 4, 201510 yr comment_88389 That sounds a bit jacked up. I think you're right in having some reservations. I have personally seen friends "promoted" to have them moved to another location that is failing. That way when that franchise location went out of business, they wouldn't have to fire a handful of employees. After that, it's "We would love to move you to another location, but we're currently full. We will definitely keep you in mind when a new spot opens and you will have first shot at it". Never happens, though. Shady is shady. Report
December 5, 201510 yr Author comment_88393 Yeah. A lot of the things that I enjoy about my job currently, will be leaving. 1) Location to home. Now I'll spend an hour + going to/from work2) not having to deal with the public. I am 100% I don't like the guy who will be my "boss"He's had something to say behind peoples backs twice.He asked where me "where is that other girl" and I corrected him by saying "Her name is Lee and she's doing deliveries" and he goes off to say "She DRIVES? Oh lord I don't ever want to be with HER in a car!"I think he was trying to be funny? But he just ended up sounding very sexist. Then, on me (again, while I was not present)"She's a trip. I sure wouldn't want to be around her while she's drinking!" to which Lee just stared at him and announced that I don't even drink. Like, you' just started this job and we're going to be your biggest source of information and education (we've been there since day 1. YOu'd think he'd have some respect but it'll be fun to watch him crash and burn. Report
December 6, 201510 yr comment_88395 He sounds like a piece of shit. Just try and remember that he tries to diminish those around him to make himself appear better. It's all insecurities. You'll be fine. Trippy or not. =] Report
December 9, 201510 yr Author comment_88397 I have more stories about master chef. The other day he told us he has 15 years of culinary experience. Today he couldn't tell me how many ounces are in a pound, and then he burned a cheesecake lol Report
December 9, 201510 yr comment_88399 lol He sounds like a winner. Pokemon pet shaming pics! hahaha Report
December 10, 201510 yr Author comment_88407 Well, I think I have the flu right now which is awesome. not Report
December 11, 201510 yr comment_88408 My bug is almost gone, I think. Knock on wood. Love the Winter, but I absolutely hate being sick. Fight the strong fight, Ava =] Report
December 11, 201510 yr comment_88409 You know, I always come back and check on Gamercide every once in a while. It and the ATC were important parts of my teenage years back when. How goes everything? Report
December 11, 201510 yr comment_88411 Good but busy - in my last year at university! I'm procrastinating on a final paper right now. How have you been PK? I finally bought an Xbox One a couple months ago, when I get Gold we ought to hit each other up. Report
December 11, 201510 yr comment_88412 Last year Uni hype! I've been well. No complaints. I don't have an Xbox1. Only been playing on PC for the last few years. I believe I still have you on Steam. Report
December 12, 201510 yr comment_88413 Yup, interviewed for a government internship today -- looking over the horizon of finishing my degree is both exciting and worrying. Gotta apply for some grad schools this month as well. That's fair enough, PC gaming is the way I'd go if I had a good enough computer. My laptop is currently out of commission with a corrupted user file or something (been using my tablet ever since), once I've fixed it up after finals I'd be down to connect over Steam. What have you been playing lately? Report
December 12, 201510 yr comment_88415 Combined honours in political science and philosophy, kinda pigeonholes my career prospects into government work or academia though. I'm writing my undergrad thesis on electoral reform and how democracy is an expression of the ethos of a polity, so we ought to adopt a voting system that best aggregates the political preferences of as many voters as is possible. Specifically, I'm advocating for Single Transferable Vote Proportional Representation with some tweaks. Report
December 12, 201510 yr Author comment_88416 That's a lot of words but you sound like you know what you're doing lol Report
December 12, 201510 yr comment_88417 Been playing mostly GTA V and Diablo 3, but mostly watching a group of streamers playing Arma III CG RP Life mod. Some people watch soap operas, I watch that. It's highly entertaining. lol Report
December 14, 201510 yr comment_88419 Sorry, Ava, MOBA's have never been my thing. I've tried liking them, but it's a no go. Same with MMORPG's. YOU should come play Diablo 3 with Tuna and I. lol Report
December 15, 201510 yr Author comment_88423 HOTS is different, I didn't like HON and I've never played LoL but I really enjoy HOTS. It's more team based than anything and the community is nicer. I suck dingles at diablo Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.