Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

What are you listening to?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Views 209.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of good **** Panfoot, High Violet reigns as my top album of the year, definitely get Alligator and Boxer asap, both are nearly perfect records. Currently listening to Nas & Damian Marley's collaborative record called Distant Relatives which is really good so far.

  • Author

Heart on Jimmy Fallon

<object width="384" height="283" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://widget.nbc.com/videos/nbcshort_at.swf?CXNID=1000004.10045NXC&widID=4727a250e66f9723&clipID=1247131&showID=243"/><param'>http://widget.nbc.com/videos/nbcshort_at.swf?CXNID=1000004.10045NXC&widID=4727a250e66f9723&clipID=1247131&showID=243"/><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><embed src="http://widget.nbc.com/videos/nbcshort_at.swf?CXNID=1000004.10045NXC&widID=4727a250e66f9723&clipID=1247131&showID=243" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="384" height="283" allowFullScreen="true" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>

Those songs from Rubber Factory are pretty good, not as much of a fan of the Thickfreaness ones. Though I think I just need to give them a few more listens. The Black Keys seem like a band that you need to give a couple couple of times to let everything sink in.

Anyway, saw this for 10 bucks at the mall and picked it up.

Voodoo.jpg

I'm currently listening through Metallica's discography before I download some new albums and start re-listening through all my 2010 albums (have 84 from 2010 so far). Plan on ranking them and writing about it for the music site I go to, may post it here though cause there's definitely a lot of great stuff from this year you should check out. Also been really busy with school but this week sometime I should be doing an interview and doing a workshop to DJ on the campus radio station, totally excited :D

Interesting week for new music. New Weezer may be their best since Pinkerton, new Interpol record is so so, loving Brandon Flowers (lead singer of the Killers) new solo record, been listening to The Word Alive and 10 Years's new records as well and about to listen to Linkin Park's new record, praying it's not too bad.

about to listen to Linkin Park's new record, praying it's not too bad.

I've heard 3 songs off the album, Wretches and Kings, The Catalyst, and Waiting For The End. They're all pretty good, not as good as the old Linkin Park, but so much better than Minutes to Midnight...

^ I just saw that as well.

ALL DELIGHTED PEOPLE - Sufjan Stevens

*NOTE: Even though it costs $5 to purchase the EP, it is streaming online for free. I highly recommend this to any users who take pride in their eclectic music tastes.

In regards to The Black Keys, my favorite albums by them are Magic Potion and The Big Come Up, but Rubber Factory and Thickfreakness are also fantastic! It's funny hearing wanna-be hipsters on campus say things like "Have you heard of this new band, The Black Keys!?" lol I was going to see them play for free last semester @ Carnegie Mellon University but the show was moved inside due to inclement weather and I needed a ticket to get in (which were "sold-out" despite it being a free gig). Good stuff!

Kings of Leon were in town last night. I did not go for three reasons. Firstly, I'm a poor college student and the concert was a tad pricey. Secondly, nobody I knew wanted to go. However, the third (and perhaps biggest reason) was the fact that I've seen them in Pittsburgh two years ago (right before their big break with "Use Somebody") and the crowd was atrocious. It still remains one of my favorite shows because they were fantastic live, but the crowd was absolutely abysmal. They didn't sing along, clap, or do much of anything except stand silently until "Sex on Fire" came on. I was expecting much of the same for last night's show; just a bunch of high school girls waiting for "Use Somebody" to come on. It's not that this band doesn't deserve the respect and magnitude of fans that attend their concerts now, but it doesn't seem very genuine and it will be short lived.

The National - High Violet

Spoon - Transference

I myself just picked up Transference this week. I really haven't given it a listen yet, but I have Spoon's complete discography and I really enjoy listening to their music (did you check them out because they're opening for Arcade Fire?). The National's High Violet is easily on my AOTY list.

Kings of Leon were in town last night. I did not go for three reasons. Firstly, I'm a poor college student and the concert was a tad pricey. Secondly, nobody I knew wanted to go. However, the third (and perhaps biggest reason) was the fact that I've seen them in Pittsburgh two years ago (right before their big break with "Use Somebody") and the crowd was atrocious. It still remains one of my favorite shows because they were fantastic live, but the crowd was absolutely abysmal. They didn't sing along, clap, or do much of anything except stand silently until "Sex on Fire" came on. I was expecting much of the same for last night's show; just a bunch of high school girls waiting for "Use Somebody" to come on. It's not that this band doesn't deserve the respect and magnitude of fans that attend their concerts now, but it doesn't seem very genuine and it will be short lived.

They canceled the Pittsburgh show last week.

I myself just picked up Transference this week. I really haven't given it a listen yet, but I have Spoon's complete discography and I really enjoy listening to their music (did you check them out because they're opening for Arcade Fire?). The National's High Violet is easily on my AOTY list.

Nope, just saw that album at target one week, looked them up, and liked what I heard.

They canceled the Pittsburgh show last week.

Did they ever say why? I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't sell out...

I'm creating my first DJ set for the year. I'll post a link later.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.