August 22, 201115 yr comment_42898 So excited. Love the Deus Ex universe and can't wait to dig into this latest installment.Who else is picking it up tomorrow?*edit* If you are picking it up, which paths will you take? Good/Evil? Stealthy, Combat, Social?My first run will be good, with a mixture of stealth and combat. Only killing those who are my enemies and trying to kill me. Law enforcement and civilians I will not kill. Report
August 22, 201115 yr Author comment_42901 Deus Ex: HR on Amazon comes with the pre-order bonus and also a $10 amazon credit! With that extra $10 and my last Affiliate gift card coming at the end of August, I should be able to pick up Saints Row the Third for free! =D Report
August 22, 201115 yr comment_42902 saints row the third gonna be awesomes! gettn the collector edition myself. Report
August 22, 201115 yr Author comment_42904 The reviews for Deus Ex: HR are GREAT! Lowest score I've come across, is an 83, from a site I've never heard of until today. Even Dtard gave it a 95.[image credit - Kotaku] Report
August 22, 201115 yr Author comment_42905 I'm about to go off on the G4 writer who wrote up the review for DX:HR."Adding something as tired and predictable as the Illuminati unfortunately takes away from the rest of the story.""Inclusion of Illuminati is unnecessary"If anyone has played EITHER of the Deus Ex games, they would know the Illuminati plays a major role in both games. Since this is a prequel, it's important to include the Illuminati into the game, so it meshes with the other two. I just don't get it. Either he hasn't played the other games, or he has completely forgotten what they were about. Report
August 22, 201115 yr comment_42906 I'm not getting it right away I move into my new place next week so I won't have time to play it. Since it's only single player I'm gonna wait till after the flood of games in the next few months but I def plan on picking it up at some point. Wish I had the funds but I don't Report
August 22, 201115 yr Author comment_42907 You move so much, Armi. I don't know how you do it, man. Report
August 22, 201115 yr comment_42908 You move so much, Armi. I don't know how you do it, man.LOL I know man I just can't stay in one place too long, I'm a drifter with a video game addiction... kinda tough.Anyways this time me and my roomy are just moving upstairs in the same building to a bigger unit. So not as big a deal.I just love moving to new places and starting fresh and meeting a whole new set of people. I get bored easily... Report
August 22, 201115 yr Author comment_42909 That will be a breeze then. That's really lucky, actually. Glad you don't have to move to another city or state. That bites in bulk. Report
August 22, 201115 yr comment_42911 That will be a breeze then. That's really lucky, actually. Glad you don't have to move to another city or state. That bites in bulk.Actually it's funny up till 2 weeks ago we were gonna move to a different complex since the current landlords were being same sex oriented. So I went in to our current places office with the lease we were gonna sign with a different place and laid into them and said either crap changes or we're gone. They called me the next day and took away the fees, waived our security deposit, and lowered our rent. LOL. Then they said they were able to set us up in the unit above us and kiddie corner.Anyways how u been PK? U have FB? Report
August 22, 201115 yr Author comment_42912 Sweet deal. They probably liked that deal because they didn't have to do a bunch of stuff to the now vacated apt. Stuff like new paint etc.I do have FB, but I don't use it. It's "Pee Knuckle", I believe. Been doing good. Hardly play on Xbox now. Mostly PC games on Steam, I guess. That changes tomorrow, though. lol Report
August 22, 201115 yr comment_42913 Having just finished the original last week, I really, really want it.....but, I'm going to wait a little until I build my new PC(which I'm totally actually doing for real this time) and get that version. Would rather use that money on parts now then continuing an longer on this old piece of junk. The pay off will be worth it. Report
August 22, 201115 yr Author comment_42914 @Pan if you do get it for PC, many reviewers are saying not to use the quick save feature. They say it's an easy way to get the right "answers" in dialogue options. Live by your mistakes they say. Report
August 22, 201115 yr Author comment_42915 Loading times for 360 installed, PS3 installed and 360 not installed.<br><br><object id="vid_4e5280ba8e88c5203e0007ea" class="ign-videoplayer" width="480" height="270" data="http://media.ign.com/ev/prod/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param name="movie" value="http://media.ign.com/ev/prod/embed.swf" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><param name="flashvars" value="url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/08/22/deus-ex-load-time-comparison-360-ps3-360"/></object><div style="width:480px"><a href="http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/08/22/deus-ex-load-time-comparison-360-ps3-360">More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Videos</a></div> Report
August 22, 201115 yr comment_42916 I will be sure to pick it up at some point. I have way to much of a backlog and not enough time when it comes to gaming. Report
August 22, 201115 yr comment_42917 I have it preordered on Steam, but probably won't get around to playing it for at least a couple weeks. I'll probably do the same as PK and play somewhat stealthy and as a good guy. I may end up streaming it when I play (after streaming the first two games). Report
August 22, 201115 yr Author comment_42919 Looks like there will be figures to collect, too.gd Yelena is scary. lol Report
August 22, 201115 yr comment_42920 I am getting it tomorrow for sure. I am dire need of something to end the summer drought. Plus the game is an RPG and I love those so yeah can't wait. I have not played any of the previous Deus Ex games but this is a prequel so I am not worried. When you put Sci-fi and RPG in one sentence i'm sold! Plus the reviews are good.I plan on doing my first run as a full stealth only killing when necessary. I dig the hacking thing too so will want to invest in that.Lastly, Saints Row The Third is on my #1 to get list. If I could only buy one more game all year that would be it. I went back and have been playing Saints Row2 alot offline lately getting excited for the next one. Report
August 22, 201115 yr comment_42921 Up in the air on a release day purchase for this one, all the reviews I've read and watched say its great, but I wanted to play through the first and Invisible War again before jumping into this one. Report
August 22, 201115 yr comment_42923 I want to play the originals too but now days I just have to face facts that I don't have that much time to go back and do it. By the time I finish the originals I won't have any steam left for this one Report
August 22, 201115 yr Author comment_42924 Not a bad plan, Sega. Both are good, but I'm that rare person who enjoyed Invisible War over the first.Also, I've read two different reviewers who hinted at upgrading hacking early on. Said it's worth it, but wouldn't speculate or add anything further. Report
August 22, 201115 yr comment_42926 Not a bad plan, Sega. Both are good, but I'm that rare person who enjoyed Invisible War over the first.Also, I've read two different reviewers who hinted at upgrading hacking early on. Said it's worth it, but wouldn't speculate or add anything further.I played Invisible War before 1, so I always kind of preferred it over the first. I'll plobably just have a quick playthrough of Invisible War anyways, I don't think I even have the first one anymore. Report
August 22, 201115 yr comment_42933 PK im taking your word this games gona be good...you havent steered me wrong yet..lol Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.