Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

*CONFIRMED* Microsoft says a big I LOVE YOU to "used games"

Featured Replies

  • Replies 138
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, sounds like the new controller has a much better d-pad though, so as long as they have a wired one, that will be nice to use on my PC.

Orwell 30 years ago - 1984

 

Quote from 1984 About Telescreens
 

"The telescreen recieved and transmitted simultaneously. Any sound Winston made, above the level of a very low whisper, would be picked up by it; moreover, so long as he remained within the field of vision which the metal plaque commanded, he could be seen as well as heard. There was of course no way of knowing whether you were being watched at any given moment. How often, or on what system, the Thought Police plugged in on any individual wire was guesswork. It was even conceivable that they watched everybody all the time. But at any rate they could plug in your wire whenever the wanted to. You had to live- did live, from habit that became instinct- in the assumption that every sound you made was overheard, and, except in darkness, every movement scrutinized.
-1984, Book 1, Chapter One, George Orwell

 

That is pretty sweet, but I'm still not getting one any time soon.  Game developers just need to get it together and make better save systems on all platforms.

  • Author

Aaaaaaand it's been confirmed that the Xbox One will definitely need to connect to the internet in order to allow you to use it.  How often?  At least once.... EVERY DAY.

 

Deal_With_It_Dancing.gif

 

Phil Harrison is quoted as saying:

 

Kotaku: If I’m playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?

Harrison: I believe it’s 24 hours.

Kotaku: I’d have to connect online once every day.

Harrison: Correct.

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry Siren.  Looks like you'll probably be alone.

Nope.  Siren isn't alone at all.  I'll get one.  I was impressed with the TV integration, the overall look of the system, etc.  I don't have a problem being connected to the internet once a day.  Hell I've probably wasted more bandwidth typing this message than the system will need/use to phone home or whatever it does.  I also don't think the reveal was a "disaster" as everyone seems to think.  This was to announce the system and show off some of the new features.  We all know the damn thing will play games.  That's what the E3 conference will be for...Y'know, the games.  I'm willing to bet the entertainment functions won't be mentioned all that much at the E3 event. 

 

The sheer amount of complaining is why I don't like discussing the "Console Wars".  I honestly don't see why we view it that way at all.  If you prefer one over the other, good on you.  If you can get both (Which I will), good on you.  If you want to be a PC gamer, good on you.  We game to have fun, remember?  Not argue about who's system/rig/e-penis is bigger or better.  People really need to get over themselves and just have fun on whatever system(s) you have.

  • Author

I agree with you Spawn on much of what you said.  It's really hard to gauge a hundred percent what is going to happen and so rather than freak out people should wait and reserve judgement for the final product. 

 

That being said though I personally don't like the direction that MS is taking their console, but again that is personal preference.  There are just too many things that I've heard that I dislike.

 

I know a LOT of people in the US market will purchase it. 

As someone he has been playing a lot of older games recently(played through the entire Jedi Knight series on PC not that long ago, MGS2 and 3 and SH2 and 3 thanks to those HD collections, stuff like that) I already have to wonder how this thing will be in the future after the next Xbox after it is out.

This whole used game "fee" (not really a fee if its true that it's the same price of game...then its just buying the game without having to download it) and having to connect every day just sound so....anti consumerist. I can't think of one benift for the consumer from this except maybe not having to have the disk in to play, which you could just get the download version straight away if you didn't want to do that. This stuff probably wouldn't affect me, I have a fairly stable internet connect and 95% of my console games are new(the the except of old out of print games that go for way to much new), I can't support this crap at all.

I miss the days when the only thing that really governned which console you bought was which had the better exclusives.

@Spawn

 

I don't see anyone arguing in this thread but rather just discussing some of the news, unanswered questions and what some us feel questionable restrictions. I am sure all the stuff we are worried about probably won't be as big of a deal as we think but some of the stuff is restrictive as hell.

 

Yeah we are complaining a little bit because I think we just expected better or something different. To be quite honest I was pretty excited to see the reveal. Through the years I have owned at one point or another nearly every console known to man. I have been an Xbox guy for a long time. I watched the whole thing with anticipation and was personally disappointed. They did not directly answer any of the major concerns gamers have. They did not definitively dispel the big rumors. I want to love the Xbox ONE but are we supposed to just accept whatever Microsoft puts out?

 

That said I agree with what your saying. Yes we game to have fun but like some I am not gonna buy a PS4, an Xbox One and build a PC this generation. As much as I love gaming this stuff is not cheap and not everyone can afford or even want to buy every system. Part of my passion for gaming is comparing systems, specs before investing my hard earned cash in what I think is best. I want to hear opinions from both sides and the pros and cons of each before taking the plunge.

I like some of the things xbox is doing, but the always connected and on kinnect has me turned off. I could be ok with the single install if they have some kind of xbl gold app that allows gamefly or rented games. They could even potentially have their own rent a download plan in mind. But the inability to turn off the eyes and ears of the system coupled with the watching of activities has me very leary.

I'm not slanging any e-peen around. I saw where the consoles were headed, didn't like what I saw and made the switch to PC. These reveals (both of them) have just reinforced my notion that my switch was timely and correct for me.

 

That reveal was a let down. Not just from what they revealed, but the way in which they did it as well. Different people and departments from Microsoft were putting out information that contradicted each other. Every article I saw from the bigger sites had several updates on their articles. Some even tweeted that they were done updating their articles and MS can just release their information when they all get on the same page. The team that was supposed to troubleshoot any and all problems that could happen during their reveal missed one very important thing -- people watching the reveal from their Xbox 360's who had their Kinect on. Their live feed kept getting interrupted whenever the speaker at the reveal asked Kinect to perform a function.

 

Like Vec said, it's good to get other people's opinion. Good and bad. It's a $500+ important decision.

Good ol micro-shaft.....whats next a full house hookup...use your system to adjust your heat/ac. Turn on your shower or feed your dog. Can i just get something that plays games.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.