Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

*CONFIRMED* Microsoft says a big I LOVE YOU to "used games"

Featured Replies

I suppose this whole thing makes microsoft's authentication servers a big target for some attempt to bring them down. If those servers go down for more than 24 hours, EVERYONE will lose their shit when they can't play any games, not just the people complaining about it now but the people that inevitablely buy the console without knowing about any of this.

  • Replies 138
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose this whole thing makes microsoft's authentication servers a big target for some attempt to bring them down. If those servers go down for more than 24 hours, EVERYONE will lose their shit when they can't play any games, not just the people complaining about it now but the people that inevitablely buy the console without knowing about any of this.

And we all know bout returning electronics

"Because I know for a fact that the femur-hipbone ratio never lies about the age, and easily can be used with the Kinect"

And that is...One of the creepiest sentences I have ever read. Did it not feel creepy typing that? I really would prefer my video game system to not examine my sister's femur-hipbone ratio. That is...yeah...not something I want in my living room.

I want a device that will let me buy a video game at a reasonable price, play it when and where I want to (provided I have a power supply), and re-sell it if I so desire via any avenue I choose. Since this system supports scenarios in which all three of these very basic consumer demands are threatened, it completely fails as a game system in my mind."

  • Author

I just dislike everything about what they're pitching.  I can wait for it to be ported to PC, if at all.  If not, and I can't try it at a friend's house (or watch someone livestream it) then it's not going to be worth my time with all the jumping through hoops and stupid shit MS is doing.

The National Security Agency and the FBI are tapping directly into the central servers of nine leading U.S. Internet companies, extracting audio and video chats, photographs, e-mails, documents, and connection logs that enable analysts to track foreign targets, according to a top-secret document obtained by The Washington Post.

 

Equally unusual is the way the NSA extracts what it wants, according to the document: “Collection directly from the servers of these U.S. Service Providers: Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Facebook, PalTalk, AOL, Skype, YouTube, Apple.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/us-intelligence-mining-data-from-nine-us-internet-companies-in-broad-secret-program/2013/06/06/3a0c0da8-cebf-11e2-8845-d970ccb04497_story.html

 

 

Nope. No Xbox One for me. Even if they did reassure me that the government wouldn't have access to my console or Kinect.

The National Security Agency and the FBI are tapping directly into the central servers of nine leading U.S. Internet companies, extracting audio and video chats, photographs, e-mails, documents, and connection logs that enable analysts to track foreign targets, according to a top-secret document obtained by The Washington Post.

Equally unusual is the way the NSA extracts what it wants, according to the document: “Collection directly from the servers of these U.S. Service Providers: Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Facebook, PalTalk, AOL, Skype, YouTube, Apple.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/us-intelligence-mining-data-from-nine-us-internet-companies-in-broad-secret-program/2013/06/06/3a0c0da8-cebf-11e2-8845-d970ccb04497_story.html

Nope. No Xbox One for me. Even if they did reassure me that the government wouldn't have access to my console or Kinect.

this is way to creepy

In regards to E3 next week,

 

Microsoft will be hosting a lavish press conference to further acquaint the world with its new system. But the company's executives won't be meeting with much of the press. They canceled their post-press conference interviews, all of them as best I can tell, and have even canceled some interviews at the show itself. I understand. They probably couldn't fit everyone in between all the CEOs they have to meet with.

Microsoft is married to business now. They don't have time for consumers anymore.

 

Great article btw. Check it out.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/7/4406170/xbox-one-internet-trade-policy

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.