May 23, 201313 yr Author comment_76581 I don't usually like to link to Craptaco, but some of these are just WAY too damn funny haha!!! http://kotaku.com/the-internet-reacts-hilariously-to-the-xbox-one-event-509292028 Also, I've been trying to stay away from the official Xbox forums also considering the outrag http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/f/3817.aspx?PageIndex=1&forumoptions=::11:: Report
May 23, 201313 yr comment_76582 http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/05/22/xbox-one-incompatible-with-current-gaming-headsets Xbox One Incompatible with Current Gaming HeadsetsNew proprietary data port makes current-gen products obsolete. I guess it is no surprise. Every gen as gamers we have to start over but they are trying to be the apple of consoles. Nothing works unless you buy it from us. Things like this make the console as a whole a step backwards in my opinion and more costly to the consumer. They just want that accessory cash grab. Nothing personal just business. Business I will take elsewhere. Report
May 23, 201313 yr comment_76583 I don't see why they just don't go the route of Sony with Bluetooth compatibility. Also, I wonder if you'll finally be able to hook up a decent mouse + keyboard to the system. Only if you buy the official Xbox One mouse and keyboard! haha Report
May 23, 201313 yr comment_76586 Only if you buy the official Xbox One mouse and keyboard! hahaDont forget offcial Xbox One TV Report
May 23, 201313 yr Author comment_76588 Dont forget offcial Xbox One TV Well I know that MS was extremely interested in trying to hold off Apple and Google, moreso than their interest in trying to block Sony (who they felt they clearly beat "this gen"). I really think this is why they're attempting to octopus into a ridiculous amount of media (fighting off AppleTV, Google media things, etc). Sony seems like they want to focus on games, and that makes me happy at this point. We'll see if they have similar draconian DRM like MS has revealed. Report
May 23, 201313 yr comment_76589 They seem dead set in making sure everyone's paid their shillings. (Older article but relevant) http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/139706-microsofts-new-kinect-patent-goes-big-brother-will-spy-on-you-for-the-mpaa Report
May 23, 201313 yr comment_76590 http://www.handytips.info/1150/xbox-one-wont-include-chat-headset/Sounds like more than likely it won't use come with a headset, instead encouraging you to use kinect for chat. I wouldn't want to hear the averages XBL crowds voices coming through the TV, and having to yell back at the TV.Okaying thinking about that....I wonder if that actually would put a dent in how awul the communities are in some of those online games. Report
May 23, 201313 yr Author comment_76591 They seem dead set in making sure everyone's paid their shillings. (Older article but relevant) http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/139706-microsofts-new-kinect-patent-goes-big-brother-will-spy-on-you-for-the-mpaa I made a thread on that a while back. I find it relevant because the new (and MANDATORY) Kinect can sense up to I think now 8 people in the room? I liken it to Netflix going to a per-person subscription model. You pay for a sub for two people to view Netflix. Kinect detects three people in the room (you had a friend over a dinner maybe?) and blam... no fucking Netflix. Error message warning of too many users within the room for your subscription model. It's shady as fuck. Report
May 23, 201313 yr comment_76592 I've always advocated placing consoles in the front rooms for families with children. As soon as you let them put it in their rooms, their doors close and they get mouthy in games. All those M rated games parents bought without researching would be seen by the parents and hopefully they'd be more proactive the next time they bought little Timmy a game. Report
May 23, 201313 yr Author comment_76593 http://www.handytips.info/1150/xbox-one-wont-include-chat-headset/Sounds like more than likely it won't use come with a headset, instead encouraging you to use kinect for chat. I wouldn't want to hear the averages XBL crowds voices coming through the TV, and having to yell back at the TV.Okaying thinking about that....I wonder if that actually would put a dent in how awul the communities are in some of those online games. I hate this. A big chief complaint of mine was that PS3 didn't actually come with a headset in the system. Yes, you could buy a config a bluetooth one, but having one COME WITH the actual system was big for the 360 and building communities and people talking. Sure, there will be Kinect, but I don't think it's the same. It remains to be seen how well the Kinect can decipher background noise over your voice. Report
May 23, 201313 yr Author comment_76594 I've always advocated placing consoles in the front rooms for families with children. As soon as you let them put it in their rooms, their doors close and they get mouthy in games. All those M rated games parents bought without researching would be seen by the parents and hopefully they'd be more proactive the next time they bought little Timmy a game. Definitely, but as you pointed out that could bring up problems with the whole subscription-per-person thing that MS is looking to cash in on. Report
May 23, 201313 yr comment_76595 Mark Rein (VP and co-founder of Epic games) tweeted this link and said "no they’re not. I call bullshit on this one" http://www.develop-online.net/news/44289/EA-Xbox-One-and-PS4-a-generation-ahead-of-PC https://twitter.com/MarkRein/status/337627995323895808 Report
May 23, 201313 yr Author comment_76597 Oh that is fucking EPIC PK..... pun intended. Hilarious. This is why I love the console wars. So much hype. So much bullshit lol. Report
May 23, 201313 yr comment_76598 http://www.handytips.info/1150/xbox-one-wont-include-chat-headset/Sounds like more than likely it won't use come with a headset, instead encouraging you to use kinect for chat. I wouldn't want to hear the averages XBL crowds voices coming through the TV, and having to yell back at the TV.Okaying thinking about that....I wonder if that actually would put a dent in how awul the communities are in some of those online games.I wont go online without a headset. I made that mistake once with Morgan in the room Report
May 23, 201313 yr Author comment_76605 I just want a console that can play games. INCONCEIVABLE!!! Report
May 23, 201313 yr comment_76620 Oh that is fucking EPIC PK..... pun intended. Hilarious. This is why I love the console wars. So much hype. So much bullshit lol. I am with you here lol! Report
May 24, 201313 yr comment_76625 Oh, so this is why they're going proprietary with the headsets on the Xbonehttp://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/23/microsoft-taps-turtle-beach-for-xbox-one-headsets Report
May 24, 201313 yr comment_76626 Oh, so this is why they're going proprietary with the headsets on the Xbonehttp://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/23/microsoft-taps-turtle-beach-for-xbox-one-headsets They are putting people together right and left. They pretty much got their hand into all the jars haha. Report
May 24, 201313 yr comment_76627 The FBI is gonna love Xbone. All they gotta do now is tap into your Kinect haha! This may sound crazy but with what it can do you have to wonder what is possible. If it did not have to be always connected it is not such a big deal. Report
May 24, 201313 yr comment_76628 M$ in secret has forged One Console to rule them all,One Console to find them,One Console to bring them alland in the DRM bind them. Report
May 24, 201313 yr comment_76629 The FBI is gonna love Xbone. All they gotta do now is tap into your Kinect haha! This may sound crazy but with what it can do you have to wonder what is possible. If it did not have to be always connected it is not such a big deal. One of the main reasons I won't get a smart phone. No one needs instant access to know where I am at any given time. So I sure as hell don't want an ear and eyeball in my living room. Report
May 24, 201313 yr comment_76632 The FBI is gonna love Xbone. All they gotta do now is tap into your Kinect haha!This may sound crazy but with what it can do you have to wonder what is possible. If it did not have to be always connected it is not such a big deal.Tell ya what if i knew i was being watched i do some freaky shit in front of that thing. Id have no prob sitting spread eagle naked showin myself whos in charge. Id have the wife make animal sounds while gettin busy in view. It would be a XXX comedy show Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.