September 16, 201214 yr comment_63858 Yea, no worries. I'll probably be playing either bl2 or tl2 anyways. I'll need to find some kindred nOObs though . Not up to par with all the borderland veterans . Its the console version. However I thought connectivity for bl2 was entirely through steamworks? Report
September 16, 201214 yr comment_63859 That's what we are hoping. The last one was through crapspy and the interface was pretty bad in general for PC users. I think they went out of their way to make this one better. Report
September 16, 201214 yr Author comment_63863 In BL2, we'll all be noobs. No worries about people running off, etc.Vets to the first game can also answer questions about things in the game you may have.One of us. One of us. lol Report
September 16, 201214 yr comment_63865 ^^ This guy can answer probably almost any Borderlands related question ^^ Report
September 16, 201214 yr comment_63866 That's what we are hoping. The last one was through crapspy and the interface was pretty bad in general for PC users. I think they went out of their way to make this one better.Confirmed:Opting to use Steamworks, as developer Gearbox announced today, is a wise move. While support for Steam Achievements and certain aspects of Steamworks were added in the two years after the first game's release, Borderlands 2 will have full support for it immediately.http://www.1up.com/n...uses-steamworksPlayed for about 1 hour today - You gents are going to love it! Some really funny shiat in it Report
September 16, 201214 yr Author comment_63867 STEAMWORKS!!@Sky All questions. No probably about it! lol =p Report
September 16, 201214 yr comment_63868 Some additional pc-specific support....a Field of View slider, and "better menus" that make the mouse "usable". They also said Borderlands 2 will have "fully remappable keybindings for the keyboard and mouse and a 'PC-specific' user interface.Game length....is said to have a nearly 60 hour campaign, not taking into account the new Badass Points system and all four character classes.http://www.gamezone....s-all-pc-issues Report
September 17, 201214 yr comment_63901 Hell yes to all the above! Shame I won't be able to play tonight. Report
September 17, 201214 yr comment_63911 Hell yes to all the above! Shame I won't be able to play tonight.Same, if I wasn't sick I would consider skipping some sleep for it. Report
September 17, 201214 yr Author comment_63922 Some are saying pre-loads unlock at 9PM PST.TIME TO NAP UNTIL NINE! Report
September 17, 201214 yr comment_63924 I hope so! I had a nap earlier, and could stay up a little bit to play if it actually releases at midnight EST. Report
September 18, 201214 yr comment_63933 Some are saying pre-loads unlock at 9PM PST.TIME TO NAP UNTIL NINE!Steam is showing at midnight edt on my end. If true then expect an early present if in the pacific time zone .@pk - Heard a borderlands veteran reviewer hint at weapons feeling funny in bl2. Something to keep in mind when you play it. Report
September 18, 201214 yr comment_63936 Looking like it might actually unlock at midnight EST. Now, if only the steam servers can keep from crapping out. Report
September 18, 201214 yr Author comment_63937 I wonder if they still have aim assist. If so, your vet friend may have forgotten to disable. The aim tracking in the first I disliked bigtime. Report
September 18, 201214 yr comment_63938 Oh yeah. That was annoying as hell. Especially with a keyboard and mouse. Report
September 18, 201214 yr comment_63940 And despite how much I really want to play this tonight, I'm going to bed early as I'm still sick :-( Report
September 18, 201214 yr comment_63942 I think I may stay up for an extra hour at least to play if it does unlock at 12PM exactly. I've got a test Thursday, Friday, and then the following Monday so I don't think I'll play to much this week but I want to at least get a little bit of time in. Report
September 18, 201214 yr comment_63944 Anyone know if the extra outfits you can buy are class specific? I purchased an assassin outfit, but can't seem to find it while at the change station. My peep is a Commando. Btw, with everything maxed the game runs really well so-far. The only minor issue is that if I try to angle the camera purposely to expose the longest view distance I do get a slight slowdown (low 50's). So do we all get the same weapon drops or is it entirely random? Report
September 18, 201214 yr comment_63945 I'm not sure about the extra outfits. Tried creating new characters and looking to see if they have it available? The weapon drops are entirely random. There will be unique names, but they'll still have varying stats to a degree. With everything maxed I don't have any problems at all until I start to stream. Not sure what the deal with it is, but it takes a huge hit and I'll drop into the 30s. Looks great though. They did fantastic with the PC version. Report
September 18, 201214 yr comment_63946 After watching kev stream, it appears the clothing is class specific. Not sure if its all that way though? Yea, they did a fantastic job. I've seen the console version and the pc visually destroys it imo. Still hard to believe they are considered an idie developer.edit - wasn't this suppose to support the new txaa aa mode for nvidia? Report
September 18, 201214 yr comment_63948 Have to give the console some credit for even looking as good as it does for such old tech. As far as txaa I'm not sure. Haven't tried the control panel options yet. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.