September 18, 201214 yr comment_63950 I only put in about 30-40 minutes last night when it unlocked, but damn those the game look nice. Report
September 18, 201214 yr Author comment_63951 Screencap I took last night. I stood there for quite awhile, enjoying the view.http://i.imgur.com/EsqS5.jpg Report
September 18, 201214 yr comment_63955 I have been pretty quiet about Borderlands 2 but it was the only way to cope with the wait for it to get released. Since I went thorough the first one fairly extensively, not PK extensive lol, but I played it alot and the only game that could measure up is Borderlands 2. For some reason it is the perfect game for me. It has elements from some of my favorite past games including WoW.Picking it up tonight. Teaching this class at UNLV is taking alot of my time in the early part of the week so I had no time for midnight play.I will be getting all the DLC for this one and don't feel compelled to buy to many other games for quite awhile. The DLC for the first game was some of the best DLC I ever bought. Above all I am going to savor this game. I am in no rush for max level or to blow through this.I wish I could play with you all on PC though. I will be on Xbox. I will be building a new PC probably very early next year. Report
September 18, 201214 yr comment_63957 Seems accuracy is more important then in the first one? Seems more difficult as well? Report
September 18, 201214 yr comment_63958 It was fairly critical in the first as well. Because head shots and weak points would do critical damage. Report
September 18, 201214 yr comment_63960 Are weapon proficiencies gone now? I haven't noticed them in any of the menus and it would make sense given the whole badass rank system. Report
September 18, 201214 yr Author comment_63963 They're across the board using bad ass points, Pan.Accuracy feels the same. Especially at the beginning of the game. I think the biggest difference is the enemies. You don't want to run up to them and start firing into their faces anymore. They're smarter now, and their melee can jack you up. Start spending those bad ass points as soon as you get them. They are limitless. First few things I spent mine on were, elemental damage, health and shields. Accuracy will be next, but only because I have two excellent weapons that are super accurate. A legendary pistol I got from the first mini boss, and a sniper I got from the vault chest in Sanctuary.Gearbox did it again. They improved on just about everything. Best game I've played this year, and even further back into last year. Report
September 18, 201214 yr Author comment_63964 http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/09/18/game-theory-borderlands-2-fails-to-generate-joy-puke/Give me your feedback on this review.Thanks, Spawn. Report
September 18, 201214 yr Author comment_63967 My Maya - http://i.imgur.com/xONsb.jpgYes, my sniper has a bayonette and it is incredibly bad ass! lol Report
September 18, 201214 yr comment_63968 http://blogs.wsj.com...erate-joy-puke/Give me your feedback on this review.Thanks, Spawn.If they'd bought it for the pc they wouldn't had to pay $60 . For the $36 boners I paid it was almost a steal.You don't want to run up to them and start firing into their faces anymore.Probably why I'm having a difficult go of it Report
September 18, 201214 yr comment_63970 Via twitter: "Also, if you're playing on PC - turn FXAA OFF. FXAA is NOT AA and typically makes your game look worse. Especially a game like Borderlands. It's a nice gimmick Nvidia created for lower end PCs to have a sort of AA but on high end PCs it just makes shit blurrified. Trust meh."No clue on how legit. Report
September 18, 201214 yr comment_63973 Some aa flags and comparison pics for bl2; you need nvinspector. Make sure you turn in-game fxaa off.http://forums.anandt...41&postcount=97Might try this as well.Try these with 4xMSAA: 0x000100c5 Report
September 18, 201214 yr comment_63974 I also found one of those sniper rifles with a massive bayonet, mine has fire damage on it too. Along with that I'm using a Hyperion repeater and a minigun assault rifle that fires in 3 shot burst.Edit: Aaaand here we go. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=97355083 Report
September 19, 201214 yr comment_63976 Playing on ps3 , and wow its awesome. Like they added in trading in multiplayer too. Wish I knew they gold box scaled to your level... Wouldnt have used the key yet. Report
September 19, 201214 yr comment_63977 Well, apparently the weapons in the gold box are ALWAYS purples, so it's probably not really worth it to wait until your level 50, since you'll probably have oranges by then anyway. Report
September 19, 201214 yr Author comment_63979 I have an RPG that does 1000+ damage and uses no ammo. Doesn't have any flavor text showing the ammo deal, but I can fire non-stop without running out of ammo, and I never have to reload. Report
September 19, 201214 yr comment_63984 I won't post any links to it here, but apparently you can get more golden keys pretty dang easily on the PC version by editing a file, and from what I saw it's not even hard to get to. I don't plan on doing it but, well, its out there if you want to, lol. Report
September 19, 201214 yr comment_63988 I have an RPG that does 1000+ damage and uses no ammo. Doesn't have any flavor text showing the ammo deal, but I can fire non-stop without running out of ammo, and I never have to reload.lol; wut? That doesn't sound very fun? Report
September 19, 201214 yr Author comment_63992 I've only used it once in a very tight situation. It was then that I noticed what was going on with the RPG. "How am I not out of ammo by now?!?" lolOriginal Borderlands had a gun that used up no ammo and never had to reload. The Dove. Report
September 19, 201214 yr Author comment_63993 Well. I guess that RPG I have was bugged last night. It's now using ammo, but when he goes to reload, he just chucks a rocket by hand before reloading. lol. Report
September 19, 201214 yr comment_64009 I've only used it once in a very tight situation. It was then that I noticed what was going on with the RPG. "How am I not out of ammo by now?!?" lolOriginal Borderlands had a gun that used up no ammo and never had to reload. The Dove.g4tv had a live cast and in chat I ask about weapons without ammo. According to a player, there was a weapon in the original that didn't use ammo. Does that sound right? Anywho, he said it was very under-powered. On a more comical note, who followed claptraps instructions and tried to run through the electrical barrier? I tried it not once, but three times - lol. Report
September 19, 201214 yr comment_64010 Anyway try out those slots at moxxi's yet? I got a really really good caustic revolver out of it, and a pretty decent explosive assault rifle. Not to mention like 4 skins. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.