September 14, 201214 yr comment_63765 If you have Steam open already and don't see the option, restart Steam.WOOOO!!!! Report
September 14, 201214 yr comment_63769 Ign video review 9/10. Below video does contain some spoilers.http://www.ign.com/v...-2-video-review Report
September 14, 201214 yr comment_63777 Any spoilerish stuff in the video?Only if you consider showing some of the characters you meet spoilage. Report
September 14, 201214 yr Author comment_63778 It did show some of the funny dialog, so I closed it super fast. Kind of made me sad. lol Report
September 15, 201214 yr comment_63810 It did show some of the funny dialog, so I closed it super fast. Kind of made me sad. lolFixed the post to include spoiler alert. However feel free to remove if deemed inappropriate. Some people already have advanced copies, so I would assume jtv/twitch might have some feeds soon. Report
September 15, 201214 yr Author comment_63811 It's fine as it is. Some don't mind seeing/hearing some of the dialog in-game. I'd just prefer to experience it firsthand. Report
September 16, 201214 yr comment_63820 Had the opportunity to play around with the game for about 30 minutes - Fun game! Report
September 16, 201214 yr comment_63822 Were you at Gearbox's Community Day?Nah, I know people that work at places . Not everyone sticks to release schedules Report
September 16, 201214 yr comment_63825 In the past you could slip them an extra $20 and they would sale you a copy. Not so much anymore. However that does not stop them from playing at the stores. Lol - When the money was flowing I was probably dropping a few hundred dollars on a monthly basis at their store. Even the manager would let me drop into the store-room and play some unreleased stuff. Btw, the opening cinematic is awesome! Report
September 16, 201214 yr Author comment_63827 36 or so more hours. If anyone knows me, they know I'm a tortured individual right now. Report
September 16, 201214 yr comment_63832 36 or so more hours. If anyone knows me, they know I'm a tortured individual right now.Yea, I figured that was the case. What exactly is it that appeals to you so much about borderlands? No offense, but it's not a genre-defining ip . Report
September 16, 201214 yr Author comment_63840 I think it is genre defining. I don't know of any other FPS RPG games. I really like ARPGs like Diablo, etc, but I dislike the isometric view. I don't like 3rd person view, either.I also really appreciate the humor of the game and adore Gearbox for truly listening to their fans and doing right by them. They're one of the last big indie devs out there.Also, smokin' Jesus tittie cinnamon. Report
September 16, 201214 yr comment_63845 Also, smokin' Jesus tittie cinnamon.This thing is gonna be SSWEEEEEEET! Report
September 16, 201214 yr comment_63847 I think it is genre defining. I don't know of any other FPS RPG games.There are a few, Deus Ex as one good example. But Borderlands definitely is one of the best representations of the idea of a roleplaying shooter, gameplay wise particularly. Not to mention the co-op. Report
September 16, 201214 yr comment_63853 I think it is genre defining. I don't know of any other FPS RPG games. I really like ARPGs like Diablo, etc, but I dislike the isometric view. I don't like 3rd person view, either.I also really appreciate the humor of the game and adore Gearbox for truly listening to their fans and doing right by them. They're one of the last big indie devs out there.Also, smokin' Jesus tittie cinnamon.I didn't realize they were an indie studio. That definitely changes the dynamics. Likewise I wasn't trying to bash them or the game. I never did play much of the first one because I found many of the encounters difficult when soloing. Guess I should eventually try and play it with some help from gamercide? I plan on stopping by the store and trying some more hands-on with the game later. Anything in particular I can checkout for you? Report
September 16, 201214 yr Author comment_63856 Normally I'd say I would play Borderlands with you, but the second one is around the corner from release.Is their copy PC and connected to the internet? If so, can you check how it handles co-op? The first used Gamespy for connectivity and it sucked so hard. Thanks. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.