August 9, 201214 yr comment_61776 8th reread? Are you insane? The guy is a good author but damnMy insanity has nothing to do with it. I first read A Game of Thrones back in 1996 when it released, before it was cool to say you had read it. The same is true with The Hunger Games series. I know this makes me sound all hipster and maybe I am when it comes to this series. Now you can't go anywhere without seeing Game of Thrones or The Hunger Games stuff or having someone ask if you've read these 'Great new books..." That said, with the first book being out 16 years now, I don't see reading it 8 times all that excessive. Sure maybe reading A Dance With Dragons that many times is, but THAT does have to do with my insanity. Report
August 14, 201214 yr Author comment_62040 That's fair enough. I try not to read books that are currently mainstream but I love me so fantasy Report
August 14, 201214 yr comment_62058 I've wanted to read the girl with the dragon tattoo, but haven't yet.do it do it do it do itLove that series. Trust me when I say if you even remotely like the first, pick up The Girl Who Played with Fire, it's a ton better than the first, and the third is pretty great as well.I've read more, from Chapter 10 to Chapter 21 in one sitting. It becomes amazingly interesting and I think I'm gonna finish it by today. Definitely worth the read and such an amazing book. Have the 2 remaining books lined up, ready for me to indulge in more sessions after I finish this one. : D Report
September 6, 201214 yr Author comment_63414 Thanks to the hurricane I was able to read the 2nd GoT book in about a week.Started up on the third.I'm really starting to get annoyed with how often he uses the word cu.nt.It's so tasteless. Report
September 6, 201214 yr comment_63424 It's usually unnecessary, but I don't mind language when it fits the character. Aside from that, what are you thinking of them now? Report
September 7, 201214 yr Author comment_63440 It's much better. There are some things that I could do without (The use of **** by every character for an example) and the whole "Shape shifter" thing is kind of meh to me too, Report
September 7, 201214 yr comment_63447 Aloha from Hell. Book three of the Sandman Slim series.The series is about this guy who goes to Hell and back (literally) to get revenge on the person who sent him there in the first place. It's pretty well written with lots of culture references and witty one liners. Report
September 7, 201214 yr Author comment_63453 Aloha from Hell sounds like it'd be a pretty good read.No Wyatt I haven't Report
September 7, 201214 yr comment_63456 Virtual mode is the first, its piers anthony at his peak. All the imaginative fantasy without death by puns. Report
September 8, 201214 yr Author comment_63496 I'll add it to my list of ever growing books to read Report
September 10, 201214 yr comment_63575 I'm reading Union of Renegades: The Rys Chronicles Book I. Report
September 10, 201214 yr comment_63581 NEXT up..JOURNEY TO THE EAST After about 97 chapters, finally reaching the Buddha then returning to China took only about 3 chapters lol. Report
September 16, 201214 yr Author comment_63831 Yeah, yeah,yeah. I actually didn't buy this. The boy did, and I picked it up one morning because I couldn't sleep and it was right there. I'm probably gonna finish it within a day, it's a short simple read. Report
September 16, 201214 yr Author comment_63843 I'm only on the third chapter so I'm holding my judgement. Report
September 16, 201214 yr comment_63849 The Metamorphosis and Other Stories by Franz Kafka.A collection of a few of the works of Kafka, who mainly wrote short stories. I've read Message From the Emperor, The Metamorphosis, The Judgment, and The Stoker: A Fragment so far, and am currently reading In the Penal Colony.The Metamorphosis was an interesting read, being his most popular. About a traveling salesman who awakens one morning to find himself transformed into a monstrous vermin, or strange insect of some sort. It mainly deals with his thoughts on the situation and how it affects his family. Pretty neat.Also, it's kind of nice to breeze through the 8 to 50 page short stories after completing the 2300 pages of Journey to the West lol. Report
October 10, 201214 yr Author comment_64652 I feel like this is a book I should have read a long,long time ago. Now I am! Hooray! So far I'm like 2 chapters in but I'm already reading it in Hank's voice and it's so good. Report
October 10, 201214 yr comment_64656 Over the last couple weeks I read through White Noise by Don Delillo. It was alright, but not my usual style. An interesting read overall, had its own strange writing style.After that I was finally done with all of my physical books and able to start using my Kindle. I started with J. D. Salinger's short story The Laughing Man, and am now reading his Catcher in the Rye. The main draw for me reading them, aside from them being classics, being the references to them in the awesome anime Ghost in the Shell. After that I plan to try reading H. P. Lovecraft's works. Report
October 26, 201213 yr comment_65081 I've finally been reading the works of H.P. Lovecraft for a week or two now and am really enjoying them. I got a kindle formatted collection of pretty much all of his stories. All of them so far have been short stories, but they're really interesting and have a good, fanciful writing style. The more famous works like Shadow Over Innsmouth and The Call of Cthulhu come much later on, but I've nearly read the first ten stories. Report
November 3, 201213 yr Author comment_65396 I had to read Catcher in The Rye in highschool. I loved it. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.