Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

This Is Exactly Why I Do Not Play Fighting Games Anymore!

Featured Replies

I fully expect to have my rear end handed to me, continuously. I just picked this up from Kmart. Couldn't resist the free $25. LoL

F**k... now I have to pick this up because Karen wants to play this (she actively likes button mashing and bug testing and fighting games) and now that my Brohammad has a copy... I am doubly damned.

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!

Love seeing all you guys getting it. Too bad nobody is getting it on PS3. :(

Had to go PS3 though because all my buddies that I play fighting games against got it for that system. Plus I like the thumbsticks better on the Dual Shock. Feels closer to an arcade stick than my worn out 360 controllers.

It depends if I have enough money, and I will buy it for the PS3 also. I know quite a few friends that play it on my PS3 too.

  • Author

LoL I can't beat Galactus. I kill those first two guys that run around the screen and then it pulls back and Galactus just starts flailing his arms and hands and giving me a beatdown I can't avoid. I just can't do it. I'll have to work on it.

Karen and I listened to the voice SFX for Deadpool last night under options before bed.

"Hey.. I just beat Wolverine! WITHOUT optic blasts!!" (I freaking love the game devs for mocking that terribad movie.)

....I must master Deadpool.

Galactus was a bish... until I learned that I should block, which I never do in really any game, but really should learn to. lol

The first two "heralds" aren't that bad. A couple team aerial juggles and hyper combos can take care of them. What's nice is the two of them share a health bar, so you do double damage if you catch them both in the same hyper combo.

Mostly just use the most spammable attacks on Galactus, since he'll be just as cheap right back at you. Having Ironman, Dr. Doom, Magneto, Sentinel, or other chacters with spammable basic beam attacks helps. I also found spamming Amaterasu's forward B attack to be pretty efficient at mauling him somehow.

Picked up the game and I'm loving it already. My team at the moment is Wesker, Akuma, and X-23. I'm liking Wesker a lot, and X-23 has a lot of comeback potential even without X-Factor. Akuma I'm still trying to get the hang of but i really like his combo's into Hyper combos so far. Beating Galactus is becoming easier and easier as well. Whenever anybody is on invite me to some matches. I'm totally down to play.

Have MvC3, and first impression is that I love it, but there is a big problem.

Execution on really difficult and damaging combos are brokenly easy. With 10 minutes time I could teach anyone a combo to instantly KO most characters in the game. Also, bad players are more often rewarded for mashing and hitting supers because of the extremely high damage output. A lot of times random supers>trying to actually use difficult combos you spent time learning.

And if anyone thinks the combos in this game are difficult, yeesh. The execution required is minimal in this game, to say the least, and this is true even if your not a fighting game player. Only takes a little while in training mode to figure things out. As someone who played SSF4 and done a lot of the difficult execution to perform some combos in that game, this game is really easy. The character I played in SSF4's main combo was a 1 frame link, which took me weeks of to time master.

Extremely damaging combos in Marvel? Takes me about 10 minutes with a character, max.

I still like the game, I'm just very concerned about a couple things at this point.

It's a rent only for me. I saw some guy streaming it on jtv and he was just spamming two or three moves and winning every match. He got 1st rank on the leaderboards pretty much doing only that.

It's a rent only for me. I saw some guy streaming it on jtv and he was just spamming two or three moves and winning every match. He got 1st rank on the leaderboards pretty much doing only that.

I think I might have seen the same stream.

Dude had Sentinel out and was spamming pretty damn hard. People haven't fully developed anti-Sentinel stuff yet so it's really easy to climb the leaderboards this way.

Plus, online in fighting games usually always have a few mashers at the top of the list. So unfortunate.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.