February 11, 201115 yr comment_30572 Crap, this is insane. This is exactly why I DON'T play fighting games now-a-days. I mean I used to be great at the older Tekken games, and even could pull off the super 21 hit combos in Killer Instinct, but this is insane.Observe some of Wolverine's combos for the upcoming Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. Report
February 11, 201115 yr comment_30574 I don't understand your problem here. The Vs. series has always had crazy combo strings like this. Report
February 11, 201115 yr Author comment_30575 My problem with it is that I AM HORRIBLE with these ridiculous combo strings! I know some people can pull it off, but I just don't have teh skillz!I am pretty badass and awesome in Deadliest Warrior though. I'm just not very good at these button mashing crazy combo games. Report
February 11, 201115 yr comment_30576 ...button mashing...This is a complete falsity. It's not button mashing by any stretch of the imagination. Certain combos in MvC2 actually had to be timed down to the specific pixel. It is actually quite insane, but practice, practice, practice. Report
February 11, 201115 yr Author comment_30577 This is a complete falsity. It's not button mashing by any stretch of the imagination. Certain combos in MvC2 actually had to be timed down to the specific pixel. It is actually quite insane, but practice, practice, practice. Furious button mashing, however well timed, is still furious button mashing. LoL Report
February 11, 201115 yr comment_30579 Furious button mashing, however well timed, is still furious button mashing. LoL But it's not furious button mashing if you know what you're doing. By that definition, ALL fighting game combos are just furious button mashing. Whether it be Tekken, the Vs. series, or Street Fighter. Look at the first combo get 460 hits for 400 damage, with just 24 "button mashes", which sounds insane to the novice Vs. player, but in practice isn't all that bad. Yes, I well aware that this is a futile debate, but I'm sure A.Kev and a few others can back me up. Report
February 11, 201115 yr Author comment_30583 But it's not furious button mashing if you know what you're doing. By that definition, ALL fighting game combos are just furious button mashing. Whether it be Tekken, the Vs. series, or Street Fighter. Look at the first combo get 460 hits for 400 damage, with just 24 "button mashes", which sounds insane to the novice Vs. player, but in practice isn't all that bad. Yes, I well aware that this is a futile debate, but I'm sure A.Kev and a few others can back me up.Oh believe me, I'm totally not disagreeing with you at all Mr. Spawn!I'm just saying that I am TEH SUCK at fighting games like that. For some reason I just can't do it anymore. I used to be good at the older ones, and as I said could pull off some mean super combos in Killer Instinct and the like. I just don't have the patience anymore for fighting games that are this complicated nowadays. Report
February 11, 201115 yr comment_30584 Yeah, I don't think I will ever try this game, or really any other fighting games because of this. I can get into Soul Calibur but that's it really. Report
February 11, 201115 yr comment_30598 I wouldn't say that those are his actual moves (there's definitely another list somewhere with things like slide to the right -> B = berserker barrage), but more a means of no-life fighting game players who have nothing better to do kicking your @ss with a cheap, inescapable combo because they're Asian and you're not. lolI also definitely wouldn't call any kind of combo usage button mashing. Button mashing is when you don't know what you're doing, otherwise it's just spamming if you use known combos repeatedly, or keep hitting buttons to target different parts of the enemy to try to break through their guard. Report
February 11, 201115 yr comment_30614 i got as far as reading "fighting games* and quite *yawnseriously though this genre is boring as hell too me as soon as arcades died over here. Report
February 11, 201115 yr comment_30616 when ever i play fighting games...i just mash random buttons and will get killed all the time.......... till the my friends screws up then i rub it in his face.......... other than that i just suck. Report
February 11, 201115 yr Author comment_30637 Thats why I like Deadliest Warrior. It's slow, and one or two hits can kill someone. It's all about patience and blocking and not who can press 9 bajillion buttons in a row at the exact split second time. I mean I suppose the button circus does take skill, but I still don't like it. Report
February 12, 201115 yr comment_30657 Mortal Kombat will be so much better. I'll take an overcompensation of blood over button mashing any time. Report
February 12, 201115 yr comment_30662 soul calibur, def jam, and wrestilng games are the only ones i like just because they are so easy. i always hated combos, hold on let me pause to look at a combo then forget it as soon as i unpause. Report
February 12, 201115 yr Author comment_30669 soul calibur, def jam, and wrestilng games are the only ones i like just because they are so easy. i always hated combos, hold on let me pause to look at a combo then forget it as soon as i unpause.Totally man. What happened to the good old days? LoL Report
February 12, 201115 yr comment_30670 I personally love combos and would much rather prefer them over Mortal Kombat or Deadliest Warrior type of games. I already have the fighting game mentality in me and fast paced fighting is what I'm into. As for Wolverines "combo" so to speak, it's simply a combo string. It's to be expected to be completely over the top in such a fast paced game such as MvC3. If you guys watch the hands of pros as they play, it looks like they are playing a damn piano, not button mashing at all, lol. Report
February 16, 201115 yr comment_30988 After picking this up, I can say that the moves are rather simplified. No more are there different punch and kick buttons, everything is down to just Light, Medium, Heavy, and Special attacks which are all on the face buttons of the standard controller. The triggers are used to switch out characters. The actual special moves are pretty recognizable (Such as the Hadouken). What is listed in the OP is just the combos, which can get pretty crazy in any game. Especially the Vs. games.Great game and TOTALLY worth the wait for fans of the Vs. series. Anybody pick it up? Report
February 16, 201115 yr Author comment_30992 I know Kev picked it up. I was debating it since Kmart has a deal ($25 coupon w/ purchase) I'm just bad at fighting games though. Report
February 16, 201115 yr comment_31000 I know Kev picked it up. I was debating it since Kmart has a deal ($25 coupon w/ purchase) I'm just bad at fighting games though. There is an even more simplified control scheme for beginners. Not saying you would need it, but it really does make it easier and more accessible to the less fighting game savvy. Report
February 16, 201115 yr comment_31001 Haven't picked it up yet. I think Jason's going to get it this weekend. Report
February 16, 201115 yr comment_31003 I picked it up and am loving it. The controls really aren't that bad at all in normal mode. It's pretty much like the last one where almost all the moves are either down -> down-right -> right or right -> down -> down-right, with a few exceptions. The complex combo strings, which are set up for you to try in the Mission mode, really aren't necessary to play the game, but rather to help you get better at it if you can memorize them and their timings.I don't recall if it was in MvC2, but one of my favorite new moves (or maybe new to me at least, I enjoyed playing MvC2 but wasn't hardcore or anything) is doing a full team aerial juggle, where they pass the enemy back and forth. This is done by launching them, jumping, and hitting YYBA (MMHA). After one character hits with it another jumps in and you can repeat it for the third character.I'm still deciding who my favorites are, but right now it's looking like Dante, Deadpool, and either Zero or Ironman. I'd use Zero because I like his moves, but his hyper combo doesn't combine well with the other two when doing a triple, knocking the enemy out of the majority of fire. With Ironman it's just an insane barrage of bullets and an uber laser. Report
February 16, 201115 yr comment_31005 The multi team member juggling was not in MvC2, it is new. I love the game and it's something the kids love watching me play. Really don't have a favorite character yet other than my old standby Wolverine. Can't wait to get the heck out of work to go home and play some more. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.