Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

New Xbox Live Gold Pricing

Featured Replies

As many Xbox Live Gold members probably have, I received the following email today in reference to the new pricing structure that takes effect for new and renewing Gold members on November 1st.

View the full article

  • Replies 79
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My linkhttp://majornelson.com/archive/2010/08/30/price-change-for-xbox-live-gold-subscription.aspx

I don't think I'm going to renew my gold once it runs out this December, really I haven't being playing online a lot lately, and haven't really found anything about XBL that justified it being $50 bucks in the first place.

Got this email today too, at first I was kinda pissed, but then I remembered I have a job and no longer have to depend on others for my money so I don't mind it really.

My guess?

They're raising the price to counteract the huuuuge loss they're going to take when Kinect fails.

I got the chance over the weekend to play with a Kinect unit and if people give it a chance, it won't fail. It works REALLY well and surprised the hell out of me. It performs much better than the Wii and we see how it failed. Hell, if half the current install base of 360s gives it a chance, it will be a success.

And to answer the question as to "why", the same reason any company raises pricing, to make money. That's what they're in the business to do. Like it or not.

Coming in november, when the new dashboard implementation hits with the addition of Hulu and ESPN....... hmmmm, that makes sense to raise the price to cover the extra expenditures, hope their subscribers feel the same way. I know I'll have to get at least one through amazon soon. Netflixx streaming is just too big of a feature to not keep.

Yeah I don't really care if there's nothing I can do and it probably just sounds like whining. But I'll say it anyways... This is BS, M$ has already got enough money out of me considering my first xbox broke got it repaired for free, second broke out of warranty so I decided to buy an elite 'cause I heard it had less of a chance of breaking 'cause of some "Falcon chip", then my elite broke out of warranty so I had to fork over them 100$ to repair it... Not to mention all of the ****** accessories I bought that broke, wireless headset, controller, battery pack, etc. I know it's only 10$ but it's the principal of it...

You'll most likely only pay that much if you're set up for auto renewal. Newegg and Amazon always sell subs to LIVE for cheaper.

As it stand now for 12 month on LIVE

Xbox - $49

Amazon - $39

Newegg - $39

I'm sure it'll be the same come this November. You'll only pay full price if you're set to auto renewal.

Thanks for the info. I am set to autorenewal so I'll switch out of that, it was always just easier.

Thanks for the info. I am set to autorenewal so I'll switch out of that, it was always just easier.

Definitely do that. It's a ripoff.

You may have to call 1-800-4-myxbox to do it. I've opted to buy a card and redeem it. If it's in my account history, they can't automatically renew me.

Finally turned off auto renewal (though I had to use IE to do it, just couldn't get on to the page on firefox). I still don't know if im going to renew once my gold expires on Xmas day, the last 3 or 4 games I played online just kinda put me off of multiplayer in general due to problems with them, and multiplayer is the only reason I have gold, might as well just save the money.

Xbox.com

Log in

Drop down box at the top --> Select My Account

Click 'Membership Status'

Where it says "Autorenewal ON", hover the cursor over the ON. It doesn't LOOK clickable but it is (Sneaky bastidges!)

Click through 5 or 6 pages of meaningless drivel about how/why you should keep it

Eventually turn it OFF.

I already did this. *grumbles* It's stupid too. The way I read Major's blog is that you can "lock in" your price now for 1 year at the $39.99 if you AGREE to autorenew next year for the inflated cost. Thats just how I read it though.

On xbox.com, go to my account, membership level, click Automatic Renewal: ON, go through the 3 pages of trying to make you not turn it off(lol), and then it will come to a page that gives you the option of on or off.

Where it says "Autorenewal ON", hover the cursor over the ON. It doesn't LOOK clickable but it is (Sneaky bastidges!)

Click through 5 or 6 pages of meaningless drivel about how/why you should keep it

Just turned it off and was about to post how unclear it is to unsubscribed. They sure don't want you to unsubscribe

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.