August 30, 201016 yr comment_17610 Never mind my comment about major's blog. Looks like he changed the wording. Report
August 30, 201016 yr comment_17612 Thanks guys ... I couldn't figure out where the option for it was.I'm good till November 2011 with my membership anyway. lol Report
August 30, 201016 yr comment_17613 "NOTICE: If you extend your membership by redeeming a prepaid code prior to the expiration of your current subscription, auto-renewal of your subscription will be reactivated."Fukinay! Report
August 30, 201016 yr comment_17614 "NOTICE: If you extend your membership by redeeming a prepaid code prior to the expiration of your current subscription, auto-renewal of your subscription will be reactivated."Fukinay!Yep... I noticed that too... It's so stupid. Report
August 30, 201016 yr comment_17615 Basically, you have to let your account lapse. No more cool little number on your profile. You'll be reset. Report
August 30, 201016 yr comment_17617 Basically, you have to let your account lapse. No more cool little number on your profile. You'll be reset.I could give a crap about the number on my profile... It's just a number. lolI have been doing more PC games to be honest and if Microsoft keeps making more moves to drive me away, they are going to be successful over time. Report
August 30, 201016 yr comment_17618 I could give a crap about the number on my profile... It's just a number. lolI have been doing more PC games to be honest and if Microsoft keeps making more moves to drive me away, they are going to be successful over time.But you still game on their system. Just instead of an Xbox it's their operating system. They have you either way. Report
August 30, 201016 yr comment_17620 But you still game on their system. Just instead of an Xbox it's their operating system. They have you either way. Damn... lol Report
August 30, 201016 yr comment_17622 LOL, got an email from them almost instantly saying that my gold will expire over a year from now... lolhttp://cid-de4bcbe51...cx?sa=772353090 Report
August 30, 201016 yr comment_17625 Basically, you have to let your account lapse. No more cool little number on your profile. You'll be reset.I was wrong.It tracks how many years you've been gold. If you go silver for a bit, it doesn't factor that in. You can go gold again and add to your number. You don't exactly lose it.Thanks EE Report
August 30, 201016 yr comment_17630 Meh and meh. That's how I feel.People are going to say it's just Microsoft trying to screw them over yadda yadda, but most of those people will keep getting Gold subscriptions. Report
August 30, 201016 yr comment_17632 Eh, I don't see the big deal. Prices always have and always will go up. I've had mine on auto renewal for a long time now and don't plan on turning it off. I know when the bill comes due, and if I find a deal on a prepaid card before then, its as simple as buying it and entering it. The renewal is simply pushed forward and you enjoy the months/year at the lower price before. Report
August 30, 201016 yr comment_17634 I will gladly pay $60 a year to have unlimited access to a little piece of heaven I call Halo: Reach. Report
August 30, 201016 yr comment_17638 Thats really douchey. Thank God it's not going up in Ireland Report
August 30, 201016 yr comment_17644 another $0.83 a month, thats not bad at all. i feel like i might be missing the big issue here... Report
August 30, 201016 yr comment_17645 I wanted to add that though I understand price always goes up, I don't like their reasoning. Trying to pawn off price increase due to added features is BS. I don't use any of those features. There really should be tiers. If I don't want and don't plan to use the crap they claim is causing the rate increase then I should be able to opt out and pay a lower premium.EDIT-Wanted to add that the xbox live subscription page seems to be down. Wonder if its from tons of people jumping on the cheaper deal? Report
August 30, 201016 yr comment_17647 another $0.83 a month, thats not bad at all. i feel like i might be missing the big issue here...Personally, I found XBL not to great for 50 bucks a year...so, yeah, that is kinda self explanatory. Not to mention free online on the PC and PS3 versions of games.... Report
August 31, 201016 yr comment_17651 Personally, I found XBL not to great for 50 bucks a year...so, yeah, that is kinda self explanatory. Not to mention free online on the PC and PS3 versions of games.... i truly dont see how it is self explanatory though. regardless of you thinking that it wasnt great paying 50 bucks a year you still payed it willingly. if it would have been an issue you would have chose not to pay for it in the first place. if microsoft charged you monthly instead of yearly but still charged you the total of 60 bucks for the year there wouldnt be nearly as many complaints. as 49.99 a year you essentially payed $4.17 (rounding up by half a penny), at the new price you pay $5.00 (rounded up by a penny) a month. hell i pay 15 a month for WoW, plus roughly another 12.25 to keep my vent server up and running for WoW. so through the course of a year im paying $180 for WoW and another $147 for vent, a grand total of $327 a year. maybe that is why i can not understand why $0.83 is such a big deal Report
August 31, 201016 yr comment_17652 i truly dont see how it is self explanatory though. regardless of you thinking that it wasnt great paying 50 bucks a year you still payed it willingly. if it would have been an issue you would have chose not to pay for it in the first place. if microsoft charged you monthly instead of yearly but still charged you the total of 60 bucks for the year there wouldnt be nearly as many complaints. as 49.99 a year you essentially payed $4.17 (rounding up by half a penny), at the new price you pay $5.00 (rounded up by a penny) a month. hell i pay 15 a month for WoW, plus roughly another 12.25 to keep my vent server up and running for WoW. so through the course of a year im paying $180 for WoW and another $147 for vent, a grand total of $327 a year. maybe that is why i can not understand why $0.83 is such a big dealSilly Stealthy, trying to use logic and <gulp> MATH to make people realize this isn't such a big deal. Silly silly boy. Report
August 31, 201016 yr comment_17653 Silly Stealthy, trying to use logic and <gulp> MATH to make people realize this isn't such a big deal. Silly silly boy.i lol'd Report
August 31, 201016 yr comment_17655 I meant as it's self explanatory as in, I didn't think it was worth it at the current price...increasing the price isn't going to improve my opinion at all.I just don't really see what exactly we are paying for. We still have to deal with modders/hackers/glitchers/what have you, games still end up having connection issues no matter how good your internet, just like the alternatives. That and party chat(?) are the only things we get through gold that im aware(unless facebook, twitter, and last.fm are gold exclusive..which are all free and better on the web).As for MMOs, I won't ever understand them. I understand why they are charged for, but just can't get behind how anyone can pay that much for one game. Report
August 31, 201016 yr comment_17657 I meant as it's self explanatory as in, I didn't think it was worth it at the current price...increasing the price isn't going to improve my opinion at all.I just don't really see what exactly we are paying for. We still have to deal with modders/hackers/glitchers/what have you, games still end up having connection issues no matter how good your internet, just like the alternatives. That and party chat(?) are the only things we get through gold that im aware(unless facebook, twitter, and last.fm are gold exclusive..which are all free and better on the web).As for MMOs, I won't ever understand them. I understand why they are charged for, but just can't get behind how anyone can pay that much for one game.http://www.xbox.com/...ve/joinlive.htmlastfm and all that are gold only, and yes they are free online. but now factor in additional servers they have to set up so you (and everyone else) can have access to it without any issues. i dont know im not a tech guy and i could be completely wrong on how it all works. but im pretty certain im atleast somewhere in the ball park with it. and if you understand what they are charged for its the same thing. its still an online service fee that runs off a server of some kind. it requires maintenance just like everything else. and since nobody works for free there is a price added to it to pay for it ps: if i had to take a guess here im sure there is some fee that microsoft is paying to lastfm facebook, etc to allow them to let them run on the 360. so that again is another fee that has to get payed somewhere Report
August 31, 201016 yr comment_17658 Only problem that I have with it... the features that they say are justifying the price increase... I don't use. Report
August 31, 201016 yr comment_17659 Only problem that I have with it... the features that they say are justifying the price increase... I don't use.Bingo.And to top it all off, what about Hulu? Microsoft was THE FIRST to say that Hulu was coming to their system. And yet, PS3 gets Hulu first. To top it all off, only PS+ subscribers get Hulu+ right now, so you have to pay $10 a month for PS+ and another $10 a month on top of that for Hulu+. it's friggin ridiculous when its a FREE service on the PC. MS keeps rolling out the advertisements, obviously increasing their revenue. They REFUSE to allow "free DLC" for many developers. They put cap limits on download size for DLC (PS3's Unreal Tournament you can download the Black Pack FOR FREE which is over 1gig of free stuff, and MS has NOTHING). Valve wanted to give away a ton of DLC for TF2, but MS wags their fingers about it.It makes me VERY irate. it's a sore subject. It'd be one thing if we got MORE for our money, but instead we have to open our wallets more.For the record, this new ESPN stuff i WON'T be able to use. Time Warner is going to block it. It's maddening. Report
August 31, 201016 yr comment_17660 I haven't paid for live in probably a year now. 60$ that's a little pricey Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.