August 24, 201016 yr comment_17092 AMC's new series from Frank Darabont is looking amazingly good. Take a look:<br><br><object id="flashObj" width="800" height="600" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=593569611001&playerID=83327935001&playerKey=AQ%2E%2E,AAAAAAuyCbQ%2E,-gfAmfm8njJ8S-9E4q2UfzG931rvkxuP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=593569611001&playerID=83327935001&playerKey=AQ%2E%2E,AAAAAAuyCbQ%2E,-gfAmfm8njJ8S-9E4q2UfzG931rvkxuP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="456" height="388" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object> Report
August 25, 201016 yr comment_17121 Wow, this does look good. I kind of hope it just turns out to be a mini series though. Stuff like this usually dries up quick if drawn out too long. Either way it looks great. Report
August 25, 201016 yr comment_17122 Reminds me of 28 Days, where he wakes up in the hospital to find zombies.I just hope it's better than their remake of The Prisoner. *vomits* Report
August 25, 201016 yr Author comment_17125 Reminds me of 28 Days, where he wakes up in the hospital to find zombies.I just hope it's better than their remake of The Prisoner. *vomits*The Prisoner was/is AMC's only misstep I can think of TV Show-wise in the past 4 to 5 years. Breaking Bad and Mad Men are 2 of the best shows on television. I think with the writers and Frank Darabont (Who I have loved every film he's made), this should be great.And Dat, as long as Robert Kirman keeps writing the comics, I think the show will have plenty of material. It truly is one of the best and well written comics still coming out today. I'm highly anticipating this series. Report
August 25, 201016 yr comment_17127 And Dat, as long as Robert Kirman keeps writing the comics, I think the show will have plenty of material. It truly is one of the best and well written comics still coming out today. I'm highly anticipating this series.Well that's good that it has something to go off of at least. With a good solid comic guiding the way it should be able to last. I'm tired of the tv shows that are obviously written show to show with no set path in mind. They end up starting great and then letting me down. Report
August 25, 201016 yr Author comment_17128 Well that's good that it has something to go off of at least. With a good solid comic guiding the way it should be able to last. I'm tired of the tv shows that are obviously written show to show with no set path in mind. They end up starting great and then letting me down.I've gotten that way with almost every show I watch on regular television. The cable shows I watch regularly all are pretty great. I can recommend Burn Notice, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Weeds, and Dexter. Weeds is the only one that is borderline insane at this point, but I love the characters and can't stop watching it. The Office is the only network television show I follow and even it is going down hill. I think when Steve Carell leaves it will only get worse, that is unless they can get Ricky Gervais to come in and have David Brent take Michael Scott's place. Don't know if it will happen though. Report
August 25, 201016 yr comment_17129 Walking Dead is the greatest comic of all time and I'm not even embellishing or anything. I've been fanboying all over it since issue one and it continues to shock and awe me.The best thing about it is that it's not about the zombies, it's about the interpersonal conflicts of the characters and the changes they go through as they live through the apocalypse. It's an astounding look at human nature and everyone should do themselves a favor and pick up the Omnibus edition. As long as the show stays true to those roots, it will live a long time. Report
August 25, 201016 yr comment_17131 I'm tired of the tv shows that are obviously written show to show with no set path in mind. They end up starting great and then letting me down.That's exactly why I gave up on Heroes. It had a great first two seasons, but then it started getting too all over the place with it's plot and characters by the third.The Walking Dead does look very interesting though, I'll definitely check out the first few episodes when they come out. Report
August 27, 201016 yr comment_17342 Saw the buss for this at San Diego Comic Con this yeat. From what I've seen so far this looks like it's going to be pretty good. AMC looks like they're taking a pretty loving approach to handling the source material here.Of course, this could all be woefully colored by my zombie-fanboy glasses.Guess I'll just have to wait and watch. ......I hate waiting. Report
September 27, 201016 yr Author comment_20060 As the wait is growing shorter for this show, this fan-made intro looks damn near perfect for it.<br><br><object width="800" height="600"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=15266890&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=1&color=&fullscreen=1&autoplay=0&loop=0" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=15266890&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=1&color=&fullscreen=1&autoplay=0&loop=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="225"></embed></object><p><a href=" WALKING DEAD "Opening Titles"</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/danielkanemoto">Daniel Kanemoto</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p> Report
September 28, 201016 yr comment_20202 Walking Dead is the greatest comic of all time and I'm not even embellishing or anything. WRONG!! .. Greatest Comic of All TIme award goes to Art Spiegelman's "MAUS". .. I may have to get over my hatred of Cliff Rathburn and eventually check out this series. Report
September 29, 201016 yr comment_20277 The Prisoner was/is AMC's only misstep I can think of TV Show-wise in the past 4 to 5 years. It may have been their only fail, but it failed SO much. I could go on and on about how much I loathed it. It COULD have been good. It had a decent cast (James Cazaviel and Ian McKellan). It was just the story and the scripting and the liberties they took with it. I like Ian McKellan and all, but a large part of The Prisoner was the constant changing of Number Two and the disorganization of it all. I have the original Prisoner on BluRay (One of my favorite series ever!)Aaaaand to be on topic, Walking Dead looks kind of cool. Report
October 31, 201015 yr comment_22574 This premieres tonight. Give it a go. Let yourself live through the shoes of these survivors. Cry with them, fight with them.If it's anything like the comic you will be in for an amazing ride.WRONG!! .. Greatest Comic of All TIme award goes to Art Spiegelman's "MAUS". ..I guess I should say.. greatest ongoing comic? Maus is a one-shot sort of deal. It begins and ends. Walking Dead never ends. Kirkman says he'll be writing it till he dies. ^____^ Report
October 31, 201015 yr comment_22590 man, i record a bajillion shows on sundays already. since when was sundays the best night for tv? omg. amc isn't hd. i'll still watch it though. Report
November 1, 201015 yr Author comment_22680 It's 100% apparent that Frank Darabont was and is the perfect person for this show. The effects were amazing. The actors were spot on and I can't wait to see more. Even the extra scenes that weren't from the comics were awesome. I haven't seen a show that had me this riveted to my seat in a long long time. I could go on and on about it, but in a short breath, you would be doing yourself a great disservice by not watching this show.Who else watched it and what's your opinion? Report
November 1, 201015 yr comment_22681 Watched it, with no prior knowledge of what was happening(i've never even seen the comic, just know it exist). It was AWESOME. Report
November 1, 201015 yr comment_22682 It was pretty good, I didn't think it was the best thing ever but I usually don't like pilots for shows. The next episode looks like it might be better. Report
November 1, 201015 yr comment_22685 I enjoyed it.If anyone missed it, http://www.justin.tv/everx/b/272958165 (starts at around 1:33) Once it ends, you'll have to click this to finish it http://www.justin.tv/everx/b/272960370 They got broken up in the archives. Report
November 1, 201015 yr Author comment_22719 I think what hooked me on not only the comics but the show is that the zombies (Which over saturate every aspect of TV, movies, comics, and games right now.) are really a secondary or background aspect to the series. The real story is about the people and how the grow and fall during such dire times. The opening sequence of the show really took me by surprise. I had seen the clip previously and was really surprised to see that as the first thing AMC showed was THAT. It really sets the tone for the series as a whole and lets people know right out of the gate whether this is something they will be able to handle.Many have complained about the opening of the show, saying that the fan made intro that I linked to above should have been used in full or as a base to go off of and I have to disagree. The intro AMC went with is very appropriate for the tone and feel of the show. Dark, bleak, and very telling of things to come.One last thing and then I'll be done until next week, I promise. KNB Efx Group did an outstanding job with the creature effects in the show. From what I've read and seen in interviews with Darabont, Kirkman, and Nicotero there were very little digital effects used and none of them were used on the zombie effects. It's amazing to see such a gifted special effects creator working on this show. If you don't know KNB Efx Group or Greg Nicotero right off, you more than likely know his work. Really good show that I'd recommend to any fan of a study in the human spirit, both good and bad. Report
November 1, 201015 yr comment_22721 We recorded it. My wife and I are going to watch it tonight. I'm glad everyone is saying its good! Report
November 1, 201015 yr Author comment_22791 Dang!! Premiere numbers are in:5.3 Million Viewers.3.7 HH rating for 10PM airing, cumed to 6.0 with 11:30 and 1:00 airings. (Meaning 6% of households watched it.)Largest audience for any premiere in AMC's history.Largest audience for any cable series premiere in 2010 in the 18-49 demo.Also head over to Bear McCreary's blog (He did all the music for the show) for a breakdown of the music.http://www.bearmccreary.com/blog/?p=4964 Report
November 1, 201015 yr comment_22806 Who else watched it and what's your opinion?Loved it!!!!!1111 I thought it was an interesting place to end it. I'm happy to revisit scenes that happened eight years ago (to me) in a new light. It still hurts to see a little girl zombie get gunned down but that's a sunny afternoon compared to the world of hurt that is coming. ^______^The best part of the show was how quiet it was. That's not something I felt when reading it but it certainly makes sense. The silence is wack as hell. Report
November 1, 201015 yr comment_22807 Oh and one more thing.. I'm not fond of 'thinking' zombies. Zombies in the show have a slight intellect it seems (trying doorknobs? hello?! just claw at the door!!)I can get over it though. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.