November 23, 201015 yr comment_24179 I'll be honest, these cliche characters in the show are getting to me.The comic has no cliche characters. G-DAWG, the rednecks, the vatos.. they all don't exist in the comic. The comic just has normal people like you and me. No hoodlums vs racists.I dont know why these extreme personality types were added (extras from Breaking Bad?) but they tend to overshadow the normal humans who are more engrossing and who make the comic what it is: rick/shane/carl/dale/etc.I still like it. to me it's like watching the comic i love but in an alternate universe.I think they are using them to meld into what the comics are. The last episode was showing that everyone was just people. It was all just a front. Redneck who was missing a brother, street gangs who are now taking care of the elderly, etc. I think they are trying to set the tone that people are different, but at the same time they are beginning to see that it's all just the living and the dead. Normal people with normal differences adjusting to the apocalypse. I would be surprised if it's a common theme. Though, people fighting people for resources will likely continue. Report
November 23, 201015 yr comment_24190 The vato elderly care center made me laugh so hard last night. "Grandma! We're trying to get our thug on over here!" *stomps foot on ground*Prophet, too. C'mon. Report
November 23, 201015 yr comment_24193 I'm pretty damn late on this, but people keep telling me to watch this, so I've caved in, and checked it out a few minutes ago. I only watched the Pilot Episode, but I honestly feel like this is a show I can get into. I haven't watched any other episodes yet, and I know nothing about the comics, but the acting seems really good. The overall tone of the show seems amazing as well.I'll definitely be getting caught up on this show, and be ready for the second season. Report
November 24, 201015 yr comment_24253 Need to watch last Sunday's episode still. I've been preparing of Thanksgiving for like a week now. Report
April 18, 201115 yr Author comment_35042 Like a zombie, this thread is back. Thought this video was pretty cool.<br><br><iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/20541810?color=ffffff" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href=" Walking Dead" Demo Reel 2010</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/stargate">Stargate Studios</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p> Report
April 18, 201115 yr comment_35044 Its retarded that this isn't on Netflix's Watch Instantly stuff. Report
April 18, 201115 yr Author comment_35045 Its retarded that this isn't on Netflix's Watch Instantly stuff. Mad Men will be on Netflix streaming on 5/12 which opens the door for all the other AMC shows to come afterwards. Just give it time. Netflix has been working with most of the major studios (TV and Movie) to get as much content online as possible and have been doing a great job here lately of getting some really good stuff. Report
April 18, 201115 yr comment_35046 And at the same time look what happened with Starz. I loved being able to watch Spartacus shortly after airing and now it's going to be FOREVER. Plus Netflix just lost all of the Criterion Collection to Hulu. *sighs* Report
April 18, 201115 yr comment_35069 it ain't on amc on demand either. i was just waning to watch it again a few days ago. no source. Report
April 19, 201115 yr comment_35100 They just released the DVD set of Season 1 so they obviously want people to buy that before getting it for cheap on Netflix or otherwise.Once DVD and Blueray sales go into the toilet like CD sales did we'll still less and less of this behavior. Report
April 21, 201115 yr comment_35240 I've decided to overcome my hatred of Mr. Rathburn and read this comic.n I haven't seen the TV show yet but depending if and when it's on Netflix I'll likely watch it. I don't think DVD or Blueray sales are going to tank as bad as CDs did. A lot of people still have pretty slow internet access and when the Instant Que is constantly buffering a lot of people will get impatient waiting and just go pick up the disc for ten bucks Report
April 21, 201115 yr comment_35247 I dunno if I said this before in this thread (I could look, but I'm lazy): Rathburn's art sucks. It sucks! Compared to Tony Moore who did the first volume, it's really sloppy and add to that there's no color and you get some serious crappy sketches. BUT Walking Dead shines due to it's writing. The writing is so good that it pales everything else. Report
October 16, 201114 yr comment_46728 Season premiere tonight. Who's watching?*Edit. Didn't see Mandy's thread, oops, lol. Report
October 16, 201114 yr comment_46730 Haha no worries I will delete my other thread, I just couldn't find this one =] Report
October 18, 201114 yr comment_46804 This show is okay, I still think it's missing something. I'm going to keep watching it though. Something i find completely stupid though is why keep worrying about that r.v.? Lol. Why not just get a new one, or a big van? I understand a large vehicle is useful but they have so many better options then having to worry about a piece of crap r.v. Report
October 19, 201114 yr comment_46844 This show is okay, I still think it's missing something. I'm going to keep watching it though. Something i find completely stupid though is why keep worrying about that r.v.? Lol. Why not just get a new one, or a big van? I understand a large vehicle is useful but they have so many better options then having to worry about a piece of crap r.v.I can see your point about the RV but I think part of the reason they don't just find a new one is that it's Dale's last attachment to his wife. They were going to use that RV and road trip but then she got sick and died of cancer. It's also kinda convenient since it is a mobile house and can store a lot of things they need when camping out. The only thing that keeps busting on it is the radiator hose and that's pretty easily fixable. Report
October 19, 201114 yr comment_46845 Watched all of season 1 last night and was devastated when I realized there were only 6 episodes. Report
October 19, 201114 yr comment_46848 I haven't watched the season premier yet, but I hope I like it. The reactions seem pretty all over the place as far as what people think. Report
October 20, 201114 yr comment_46980 There are supposed to be 13 episodes this season CB.I liked it Dat. The end of the premiere kind of veered it back towards the comics a bit. Report
October 25, 201114 yr comment_47226 Guess you got to be a parent and have had an injured child before. It's rough stuff. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.