July 19, 201016 yr comment_14105 Prey was, in my opinion, the most underrated 360 game to date. It's also my opinion, that it was before its time. Prey had you walking on the ceiling, via anti-gravity trails. It had you using portals, long before Valve introduced them to us. Prey even has you picking up living creatures, and using them as weapons.It was more than just a creepy shooter with aliens. It had puzzles where you had to think outside the box, and the living world. Prey centered around Domasi Tawodi (Tommy), a Cherokee not happy living on a reservation. If he thought he wasn't happy living on the reservation, something soon happens that makes him wish that was his only problem. If you've played Prey before, you know what that event is. If you haven't played it, you should. You really, really should. Your local game store should have it for sale, at anywhere between $4-$10. You can also pick it up for PC, on Amazon, for as little as $2. You'll thank me. It's a terrific game that somehow stayed under the radar.There's a reason why I'm talking about Prey, even though it's a game that released in 2006. I had found out that Zenimax (Bethesda), had purchased the license for Prey last year. There had been a sequel in the works shortly after its release, but little has been heard since that time.That wasn't good enough for me. I needed to know if it was still being made. When I had found out that Zenimax bought the license, I was filled with new hope. I remembered that Pete Hines (Bethesda) was on Twitter. BethBlog, too. So, I decided to send a tweet, begging for information.Here is what I asked over Twitter.Pete, the champ that he is, replied.I'm not going to tell you exactly what that means, since it could mean just about anything. My Prey loving mind, however, wants to believe I was given a hint by the always cool, Pete Hines. No details have been released about Prey 2. I imagine since it hasn't been announced, that no one is really able to discuss it yet. I'm hoping beyond hope, that this was a nod to there being a Prey 2. If it's anything like the first, it will be ahead of its time, and mind bending.If you've never seen Prey, here's a short video. If you own it, play it again. If you've never played it, grab the demo off of Marketplace or buy it. Love Prey. =] Report
July 19, 201016 yr comment_14107 I loved Prey. Very awesome game and very immersive. Definitely was a great game when it came out and still is. I support PK in saying this. PLAY IT!!! Report
July 19, 201016 yr comment_14110 Prey was VERY underrated, it was such a good game. That tweet seems like a hint at Prey 2 for sure! Report
July 19, 201016 yr comment_14111 Bought it and have yet to finish it. Just finished up Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands, so I may pick this back up and play it. After I whore the rest of the 'cheevos from PoP. Report
July 19, 201016 yr comment_14112 I never really paid too much attention to it. I think it's in the Que at Gamefly .. I'll put it in if it isn't Report
July 19, 201016 yr comment_14120 Great game! And great news if Prey 2 is actually going to come out. I certainly hope so! I'd love to see what could be done with it now. Report
July 19, 201016 yr comment_14133 I really thought Prey was in a class of its own. Very unique and cleverly done. I agree that it was underrated.That being said, if your prone to occasional motion sickness from FPS', Prey will really throw your stomach into the blender. I couldn't play it at all hungover. What really made the game cool and set it apart from a lot of other FPS', is also what induced vertigo for me. I'm not saying don't check it out...definitely do. It really is a great game. Just don't play it with a hangover. Report
July 20, 201016 yr comment_14135 o loved this game when o played it. i think im missing like 4 achieves and they are the arcade ones. was a great story and well worth a second play though. the only problem i ever had was the online, it was always very laggy when i tried it. but if you managed to get a game without any lag issues it was alot of fun Report
July 20, 201016 yr comment_14137 Finished the campaign loooong ago. Loved it. "Don't fear the Reaper" was my favorite part and that was right at the beginning...After that it never let up. Recommend it highly. Report
July 20, 201016 yr Author comment_14143 PK.....I believe you just made me have an orgasm.Please explain. lol Report
July 20, 201016 yr comment_14144 Please explain. lolJust thinking about the possibility of Prey 2 makes me want to touch myself, but when someone speaks about it....that is a whole different story. Report
July 20, 201016 yr Author comment_14159 There you have it, folks. It's such a good game, people want to touch themselves.BUY IT! lol Report
July 20, 201016 yr comment_14214 Prey was an unbelievable game! I agree that it was definitely underrated and you did have to think your way through it with walking on different surfaces, portals,spirit walking and puzzles. The weapons all felt unique and had their own strengths and weaknesses. The storyline and plot was absolutely top notch and not sugar coated in any way (not gonna give away spoilers). It's one of the few games I cannot say enough good things about. Report
July 20, 201016 yr comment_14220 Got it. Let's do some multiplayer if enough of us get it, and get cheevos! Report
July 21, 201016 yr comment_14267 Just played the demo..........Sold... so going to pick this up tomorrow. Report
July 21, 201016 yr comment_14310 one of my favorite early release games for sure. i think this was only the 2nd or 3rd game i got 100% achievements completed. Report
July 21, 201016 yr Author comment_14347 It's even available on Mac now.http://www.gameagent.com/store/aspyr/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.194204500 Report
July 22, 201016 yr Author comment_14402 Apparently I should actually play this game.Wait. What? You're OG, Sed. Surely you have played Prey before... Report
July 23, 201016 yr comment_14452 Everybody needs to play this game at least once. It's an all over body orgasm. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.