March 10, 201313 yr comment_72660 So from this I have learned... EA still sucksEA still values their wallets more than the consumerEA support is trying to compete with Comcast for worst customer service everEA really didn't seem to have any recovery plan in place for something like this, also horrible PREA would rather remove game features instead of giving what everyone else wants... No DRMI'm never buying anything directly though Origin (unless it is dirt cheap)Always online DRM is still the stupidest idea to come to game publishers (Ubisoft is also guilty of this)What could have been, and likely still is a great game, has been crippled by DRM that eventually won't stop pirates anywayMy hope for the Sim franchise has been crippledI'm not going to buy any games at release from EAEven if I love the developer, if they partner with EA, they are dead to me (Who they choose to partner with is really their choice anyway, this is exactly what happened to BioWare IMO) Congratz EA! This is what they're hoping for, I'm sure. "Eh, I won't buy anything anymore.. unless there's a sale!" I personally won't buy a damned thing from them. As much as I would love to support the devs, they need to know when it's time to jump ship. Report
March 10, 201313 yr comment_72661 Well there went anytime of me buying this anytime soon.How about we just take out the damn DRM that is causing all the trouble!! https://twitter.com/simcity/status/310482745732259844 Report
March 10, 201313 yr comment_72662 This is what they're hoping for, I'm sure. "Eh, I won't buy anything anymore.. unless there's a sale!" I personally won't buy a damned thing from them. As much as I would love to support the devs, they need to know when it's time to jump ship. By dirt cheap I mean it would have to be in the $5 to $10 range, which given Origin's history is unlikely to ever happen.Anyway all the games I have on origin except 1 was were purchased through a 3rd party and not the Origin service. Report
March 10, 201313 yr comment_72667 SimCity sparked a White House petition. Check it out.https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/institute-industry-wide-return-policy-video-games-rely-remote-servers-and-drm-function-properly/nMy1wrtC Report
March 11, 201313 yr Author comment_72695 Cheetah was still disabled but I've had a much easier time micromanaging my city without it. I may play without cheetah mode for most pf the game even once it's enabled. Report
March 11, 201313 yr comment_72705 So im gamestop yesterday and the lines longer than hell. The guy behind me is buying Simcity. I let him read this page. He puts the game back leaves. I promptly get asked to leave also. Costing a sale Report
March 11, 201313 yr comment_72709 So im gamestop yesterday and the lines longer than hell. The guy behind me is buying Simcity. I let him read this page. He puts the game back leaves. I promptly get asked to leave also. Costing a saleBwahahahahaa! Awesome Irish and good on you. Same has happened to me before when I explained how a game was horrible to a potential customer who was near me lol. Report
March 11, 201313 yr comment_72718 It didnt bother me its the store i rarely go to. But i asked the Mgr who tossed me. Wouldnt you rather warn a customer of a bad game and probs and have them say hey thanks and return again because you treated them well over they sold me this shit game and never return. The guy was in the store buying a hard copy because he couldnt download it..lol. The Mgr responce was well they got the failure rate from 80% to 40%.... Report
March 11, 201313 yr comment_72726 Can't believe I'm embedding this, but he's right.<br><div style='width:650px;font-size: 12px;'><embed src="http://cdn2.escapistmagazine.com/media/global/movies/player/flowplayer.commercial-3.2.12.swf" flashvars="config=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/config/6978-568ee0c59c278407d7d510810b743047.js%3Fplayer_version%3D2.5%26embed%3D1" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" width="650" height="391" wmode="opaque"></embed><div><a href='http://www.escapistmagazine.com'>The Escapist</a> : <a href='http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition'>Jimquisition</a> : <a href='/videos/view/jimquisition/6978-SimShitty'>SimShitty</a></div></div> Report
March 12, 201313 yr comment_72766 So im gamestop yesterday and the lines longer than hell. The guy behind me is buying Simcity. I let him read this page. He puts the game back leaves. I promptly get asked to leave also. Costing a saleGood on you. I've done that before to people though, and haven't been thrown out. I wasn't particularly loud about it however, and followed it up with another game suggestion. That manager was probably just a douche - or smarting because people have been refunding the game. Report
March 14, 201313 yr comment_72844 I've played all day now for a couple of days with zero disconnects. Moral of the story is don't buy games on day-one. Report
March 14, 201313 yr comment_72855 Has anyone been keeping up with the horror of this game? People have been uncovering hardcore EA / Maxis lies like some sort of bloodhound team on the scent of an ex-convict. If anything, check out r/simcity for an idea of the bullshittery that's going on, it's pretty insane. I've already gotten my money back by contacting my bank and telling them "it's broke!". So broke, it busted my GPU officially, and I get to get a new one. Yay! Report
March 14, 201313 yr comment_72862 http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/12/simcity-server-not-necessary/ http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/14/modder-runs-simcity-offline-maxis-remains-silent/ Report
March 14, 201313 yr comment_72876 Whooo hooo hooo, I knew it wouldn't be too long until someone figured out how to run it offline. Report
March 15, 201313 yr comment_72903 EA certainly has the right to distribute the game how it sees fit. However I see no reason for them to blatantly lie about it. If you have enough ****s to do something, have enough to come clean about it if questioned. edit - Francis is awesome; gd Lemonade Tycoon FTW! It better be ****ing Crysis Report
March 16, 201313 yr comment_72932 When you have a crappy launch... I'm guessing that lying about your reasons probably isn't helping PR.... Report
March 18, 201313 yr comment_73016 http://www.cinemablend.com/games/SimCity-Offline-Mode-Now-Available-General-Public-53739.html Figured some might want to look at that. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.