March 3, 201313 yr comment_72181 Please tell me some of you are picking up the new SimCity on the 5th? The inter-city play looks super amazing and I want people to play with. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow night at the midnight release. Report
March 4, 201313 yr comment_72205 You mean the new SimCity that requires you to be online when you play? Report
March 4, 201313 yr Author comment_72211 Yes. That one. I don't really give a shit about the online thing since I'm connected to the Internet almost 100% of the time I'm on my computer anyway so it's not a big deal for me. EA is shit, blah blah blah. I just want to know if anyone else is getting the game. Report
March 4, 201313 yr comment_72219 See, I want to. But that pissed me off so much that I lost all interest. It's the same problem with Diablo 3. The idea of a single player game forcing you to be online is suck. I might pick it up, because I have a raging hardon for SimCity games, but I'll wait until some other people review it first. Report
March 4, 201313 yr comment_72247 I haven't played SimCity in a long time. This one looks good, but I doubt I'll pick it up. I'm far enough behind on games as it is. Report
March 4, 201313 yr comment_72252 http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/03/simcity-impressions-we-waited-ten-years-for-this/ http://penny-arcade.com/report/editorial-article/why-you-shouldnt-trust-our-simcity-review Report
March 4, 201313 yr comment_72259 Metacritic doesn't mean a thing to me when a company like EA is behind the game. For this reason exactly - "EA is really pushing us to withhold final judgement until the game is truly connected.". So, it's likely you won't see many talking about the online experience that figures prominently into this game, since they're obligated to keep mum on the subject. Report
March 4, 201313 yr Author comment_72260 Yeah, true dat. I'll be playing pretty much all night tonight after I pick it up so I might write up a first impression when I wake up in the morning. Report
March 4, 201313 yr comment_72266 Yeah, go for it. If you do and don't mind we can push it to the front page when you're done. Report
March 4, 201313 yr Author comment_72269 I'll see. My writing skills are rusty. I don't want to embarrass myself. lol Report
March 5, 201313 yr comment_72287 Grew up playing this... Still awesome today. http://www.gog.com/gamecard/simcity_2000_special_edition Report
March 5, 201313 yr Author comment_72297 Aaaaaaand this is a fucking disaster already. I got tailed on my way to Gamestop. Store was closed by 12:10 for my midnight pickup. Went to download on Origin. Game is STILL not released yet. Fucking pissed. Report
March 5, 201313 yr comment_72298 That's all that's being talked about on Twitter and Reddit. EA needs to allow for pre-loads. No reason not to have that set up on a popular title's release. Report
March 5, 201313 yr Author comment_72299 I'm so fucking pissed, man. I should have bought it from a third party like my buddy did. GreenManGaming. He is already playing. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK Report
March 5, 201313 yr comment_72300 Most people on Twitter had to restart Origin several times to be able to start their download. Then a big percentage of them weren't able to start it, or it'd time out. Report
March 5, 201313 yr Author comment_72301 I got a conformation e-mail about 6 minutes ago. My download is going now. I got the client done and now I'm at 13% on my game. Report
March 5, 201313 yr comment_72304 That's all that's being talked about on Twitter and Reddit. EA needs to allow for pre-loads. No reason not to have that set up on a popular title's release.I saw this coming from a million miles away. Sucks, companies need to really fucking figure this out. Report
March 5, 201313 yr Author comment_72307 Very fun so far! Really enjoying it. Kind of hard to pick up right away though. Report
March 6, 201313 yr Author comment_72363 Servers have been very very unstable. Every time I get 10 minutes into making a city, it crashes and doesn't save to the cloud. Hoping by tomorrow it will be good. I've played for about 12 hours and went through about 5 cities, just messing around and learning. Report
March 6, 201313 yr comment_72364 This game is pissing me off, I can't even play it. Why people think online cloud server single player games is a good idea is fucking beyond me. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.