June 17, 201016 yr comment_11443 to the star trek game, no KHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAN, no buy.to fitness games, do we REALLY need 4? I just see the same thing that happened with the Wii all over again. Report
June 17, 201016 yr comment_11447 True, true. At least most of those spend some time in development, don't come from a random developer with no history, and appear on store shelves with no warning, lol. Report
June 17, 201016 yr comment_11456 If it broadens their market, I say go for it. They're in this business to make money. Might as well try and print money like Nintendo is doing. Report
June 17, 201016 yr comment_11459 I think MS is just WAY to late to get in on the Wii craze, and there are way to many factors going against them(pricing, not built into system, not know for family games, wii already king of casual). Report
June 17, 201016 yr comment_11460 I'm reading all the feedback for the Beast mode on Gears 3. Not one negative thing. All glowing reports. Report
June 17, 201016 yr comment_11461 I think MS is just WAY to late to get in on the Wii craze, and there are way to many factors going against them(pricing, not built into system, not know for family games, wii already king of casual).Pricing? There's several expensive cameras in Kinect, plus voice recognition ware. Go price a VisionCam. lol Report
June 17, 201016 yr comment_11462 I mean like, no matter what the Kinect cost, the Wii is still gonna be the cheaper alternative, and even though its more advanced than the Wii, price will come first for the casual players. Report
June 17, 201016 yr comment_11470 I'll consider getting it at one point, as well as the Playstation Move. I do like the motion controllers for some of these "sports" demo that they show. I loved Wii Sports and played it damn near every night for a month, but once I got tired of that .. what else was there left to play on the Wii. I don't like Zelda, Metroid, or Mario .. and everything else just felt tacked on. Even though Microsoft and Sony are late to motion controller stage (well .. in actuality Sony had been working on Move back on the PS2), we're still going to be having a better, fuller experience on the 360 or PS3. Once we get tired of motion control bowling, archery, tennis games .. we'll be able to pick up a controler and jump back into Fallout, Halo or Killzone. I also think the fitness games or simulations will be better with the 360 because it'll be able to SEE what you are doing. You can cheat pretty good with Wii Fit cause it only pays attention to you balance and pressure. The Kinect will give you a much more harder routine, and if you really want to exercise that's what you need.These things aren't cheap .. but then again neither is the Wii .. sure the "core" unit is cheap .. but who buys just the core? Nintendo stripped the crap out of that thing so they could appear to cheap. You HAVE to have the nunchuck if you want to play the Zelda or Mario games .. added cost. And the Wii .. pretty boring by itself so time to buy another set of controllers .. and lets not forget the waste of money Wii Speak .. it you want to chat with your friends. That stuff adds up quickly. .. Kinect .. one time price. Report
June 17, 201016 yr comment_11486 ^^^A lot of Wii's are impulse buys though, so it really is the illusion of appearing cheaper.Also, people bought the Wii speak? lol Report
June 17, 201016 yr comment_11499 Kinect as a menu navigator, took a backseat to me last night. Found out, to use it, you have to be STANDING UP. Who wants to stand up to fast forward a movie? Apparently, Kinect has trouble reading your body if you're sitting down.Standing up to play a racing game? Other games won't be affected by this, but other things definitely will be. Hope they can sort this out. Report
June 17, 201016 yr comment_11507 Any word on space you need for it? Everything I've seen looks like you need to be fairly far away, but I haven't been able actually find and solid info. Report
June 17, 201016 yr comment_11511 Only info I've heard about that, was from last years E3. They said it could accommodate the largest living room and the smallest apartment. No specs were given. Report
June 17, 201016 yr comment_11519 Kinect as a menu navigator, took a backseat to me last night. Found out, to use it, you have to be STANDING UP. Who wants to stand up to fast forward a movie? Apparently, Kinect has trouble reading your body if you're sitting down.Standing up to play a racing game? Other games won't be affected by this, but other things definitely will be. Hope they can sort this out.Stepto had this to say about it...TwitterGuys, we're still developing Kinect. I've no idea what ign wrote and am not contradicting. Just saying ive used menus sitting. Calm down. Report
June 18, 201016 yr comment_11556 ^^^A lot of Wii's are impulse buys though, so it really is the illusion of appearing cheaper.Also, people bought the Wii speak? lol I know the Wii Speak is the biggest piece of crap that Nintendo has put out since the Virtual Boy. Two of my very close friends from work only have Wiis. When I lost my job there I was no longer able to hang out with them or talk to them I started to miss them.. but they both went out and got Wii Speaks the day it was launched. So I figured if I got that and The Conduit it would be like old times and we could all hang out again. I thought it would be like chatting on the 360 .. sadly I was mistaken and must say that it was the worst $85 bucks I ever spent and because of it will NEVER EVER!!! buy anything that Nintendo releases again. AND I MEAN ANYTHING!!! .. from a DS or 3DS or new console .. NOTHING!! Report
June 18, 201016 yr comment_11557 Wii is no doubt the worst console for online ever, I never got to play the Dreamcast or PS2s online but I can easily imagine those still being far better than it. Report
June 18, 201016 yr comment_11576 Oh you have NO idea how bad the Wii is for online. I've sat in a lobby window for 20 minutes wait to sync up to my friends for Mario Kart. Report
June 18, 201016 yr comment_11578 I've been their before with SSMB, and it lagged while only playing with one other person For Mario Kart Wii, I only tried a few quick matches but quickly got tired of that since that game is SOOOO luck based. Report
June 18, 201016 yr comment_11584 Even thought I still think Nintendo had the best presentation at this years E3, their constant line of crap has repeated left me disapointed and they because of that they have lost me as a costumer/fan forever. Report
June 18, 201016 yr comment_11585 Pffft to Kev. I'm buying a 3DS, no questions asked. I agree that the Wii sucks though. I boxed mine back up and it's just sitting there, unused. Report
June 18, 201016 yr comment_11587 Im kinda : / with console Nintendo, they did have some really good stuff this year, but I don't see myself re-buying a Wii, or even getting any of the games(I could use my parents Wii at any time really). Handheld Nintendo Im more then good with. Report
June 18, 201016 yr comment_11593 Pffft to Kev. I'm buying a 3DS, no questions asked. I agree that the Wii sucks though. I boxed mine back up and it's just sitting there, unused.If you're not a fan of Mario (2D or 3D) then the Wii truly does suck. New Super Mario Bros Wii and both Super Mario Galaxy games are superb if you are a fan though. There is also some good Wiiware titles (Cave Story, World of Goo, Contra Rebirth)...PS3 and 360 are the far superior consoles though. Report
June 27, 201016 yr comment_12307 http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/26/justin-bieber-advertising-kinect-on-tour/Looks like MS has done some focus testing and found their niche market. Report
June 27, 201016 yr comment_12313 And with that, over a million units will be sold, played for 40 minutes, and be forgotten for years. Report
June 27, 201016 yr comment_12314 Which is the how and why for Wii to be leading the "console war". lol Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.