Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Is The Ps3 Worth It?

Should I Invest in a PS3? 13 members have voted

  1. 1. Should I Invest in a PS3?

    • Yes
      38%
      5
    • No
      61%
      8

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

.. and yes .. the download, then instal on the PS3 is total BS .. why the hell would I need to be asked to instal a game after I downloaded it .. I downloaded it, clearly I want to play it. But the load times of games or updates don't bother me to much .. other than the PS3 Download/instal VS. the 360 Download/play I don't really see much of a difference. but I might be used to the PS3 times.

Also consider with things like Netflix Instant Streaming, Hulu, Zune, iTunes .. ect ect .. do you really want to start a collection of physical media? BluRay is awesome and so far the best home entrainment but physical media is certainly giving way to downloadable cloud based media. Just look at mp3 vs. vinyl records. Vinyl is superior in every way but the ease and connivence of mp3 make it the popular choice. Movies and TV shows are starting to go in that direction too. Do you really want to start a new collection of movies that will be obsolete in 2-5-8 years?

  • Replies 63
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if i wanted to watch paint dry on my book or smartphone, i'd paint them and watch it dry. if i want to play ps3, i turn it on and wish i was watching paint dry.

it's not an opinion, and there's no work around. it's slow. i'm glad you want to have sex with yours, i just want this dude to be educated.

it is civil, cc. thank you for your concern.

I'm not denying it takes longer .. I'm just say it doesn't bother me and when that auto download works you can have it set up for when your asleep. I remember one time our cats were fighting at 3 or 4 am and when I got up to break it up I noticed my PS 3 was on and I wondered why .. turned on the TV and it said it was downloading and installing a firm ware update. There were also few demos I downloaded for both PS3 and PSP and didn't install because I didn't want to sit through that process and turned the machine on one day and everything was installed over night. I don't how or when it works but when it does it's awesome! I don't think the 360 has an auto detect and download feature like that. BUT .. you do have to be a Playstation Plus member.

it is civil, cc. thank you for your concern.

White Boy and I butt heads a lot but I'm never offended (and I hope he isn't) but yes we usually do keep it pretty civil.

i am. i bought a three month sub. never saw the option, but my ps3 seems to be on a lot lately. i chalked it up to the fact that if you fart towrd the bd controller, the system comes on.

The 360 doesn't need one. It's rare to find an update for a 360 game, that's over 4MB's. You also don't need to install each 360 game. I only install the ones I play the most, to prevent wear and tear on my DVD drive. Which is why it pains me when I see people watching DVD movies on their 360's. Buy a $30 DVD player! lol

I don't know .. the constant updates and load times just don't seem to bother me. It must be my patient Canadian side. .. it's okay PS3 you take as long as you want, I'll go into the other room and have a beer and go to bathroom .. I can wait. Not done yet? That's okay I'll have another beer and maybe take a nap. See around PS3!

Isn't a ton of updates and batches for 360 games? Didn't Fabel 3 and Fallout New Vegas have massive patches for them? I know you don't have to install games onto the 360 but I do it to help prevent the wear & tear too. I thought I was going to go out of my mind the first time I fired up MGS4 .. I wait months to play that game then it took 20-30min just to install the damn thing, but not every game on the PS3 is like that. I'm replaying Dead Space on the PS3 right and not really notice any outrageously long load times. I don't sit with a stop watch time the consoles but both seem to preform at the same speed.

if it weren't for the vudu app. porge wouldn't even use his i don't think. almost everyone in here hasn't signed in for 3 months or more.

This is true. Before Vudu, I pretty much strictly used it for watching BD. Now with digital distribution, I don't even really use that unless it's for one of the rare movies I'll actually buy and not just rent.

I'm a gamer. I've been gaming for over thirty years, have had almost every console made, and haven't come close to losing interest. I was a PS 2 fanboy for a long time, and had no interest in getting a 360. I did however, end up getting one because they beat Sony to the punch. I now have both, and for the most part my PS 3 collects dust. It's a beautiful piece of hardware, and I really want to love it, but it's just not there for me. Unless you're really wanting a BD player, or just can't live without the exclusives, I'd hold off and wait for another price drop.

must be my industrious american side. i prefer not to waste my time, and you're right.....i never mentioned the in game load screens.

Isn't a ton of updates and batches for 360 games? Didn't Fabel 3 and Fallout New Vegas have massive patches for them?

You'll get updates if you swap out 4-5 different retail games. Updates are held in cache. I only play a handful of games regularly, so I don't see many updates at all.

I'm not sure about Fable 3 or Fallout: NV. Never played either game. I'm willing to bet they were smaller updates/patches than you think, though.

To the topic poster:

If you're anything like IGN's editor-in-chief, who posted this earlier day then you might like the PS3? Even though he doesn't really go into depth about the differences, just subtle ones, it seems that the PS3 will have more exclusives for 2011 (which I think was already mentioned). Sorry if this isn't entirely helpful, but good luck and let us know what your final decision is.

edit: And I used to be a big PS fan! Huge! that I wouldn't touch an xbox when it launched. I'm in love with my 360 now, but because I want to play everything there is, I'm planning on getting a PS3 as soon as I can afford it.

same old song and dance. every year, the next year is gonna be huge.

i chalked it up to the fact that if you fart towrd the bd controller, the system comes on.

Omg, this is so true! It just happened to me...again, right now! :banghead:

lol. at least you can simply use the dedicated off button, unlike the 360 where yuou either have to turn your tv to it and navigate the menu or remember the button sequence for an "off" maneuver.

There are so many things I'd like to discredit in that article. Like the free games in PS+. That's like saying I got free music with my Zune subscription. I don't own any of it. I am renting it. I don't get to keep it, once I end my sub.

Also, "If you’re a real gamer, you own both systems anyway". I really dislike when people try and define who or what a gamer is. My mom plays Solitaire on her computer, and she plays Saints Row 2 when she visits me. She isn't a real gamer? I think that not only is she a real gamer, I also think she's bad ass for playing and liking Saints Row 2. Seriously, she stands near the main crib and rockets pimps and prostitutes, over and over. I love it. lol

I think it's a crock to say you're leaving one console for another, due to exclusives. A real gamer wouldn't do that. Real gamers own both consoles, so they wouldn't need to leave one for the other, right?

I had two PS3's at separate times and each went back to the store. MGS was the only reason we got the first one and then it sat on the shelf unused for awhile. We took it back and later bought another one for another game....I forget which one and then that was it for that as well, I think it was SOCOM. We just don't have a use for it.

*Shrugs shoulders

I like to say that is someone wants to experience games on a different console then just buy it. It depends on YOUR taste.

Can I buy the games from the Total War series on my consoles? No. I have to buy a PC.

Can I play Ratcher & Clank on my 360? No. I have to have a PS3.

Can I play Gears of War online with my buddies on the PS3? No, I have to have 360.

It all depends on your tastes and wants.

In the words of the knight guarding the holy grail in Indiana Jones........

lastcrusade-knight.jpg

"Choose, but choose wisely...."

Didn't Fabel 3 and Fallout New Vegas have massive patches for them?

gonna have to say no there. i dont recall how short fables was but i just put in new vegas for thefirst time after reading this and it didnt even take 20 seconds

Also, "If you’re a real gamer, you own both systems anyway". I really dislike when people try and define who or what a gamer is. My mom plays Solitaire on her computer, and she plays Saints Row 2 when she visits me. She isn't a real gamer? I think that not only is she a real gamer, I also think she's bad *** for playing and liking Saints Row 2. Seriously, she stands near the main crib and rockets pimps and prostitutes, over and over. I love it. lol

I think it's a crock to say you're leaving one console for another, due to exclusives. A real gamer wouldn't do that. Real gamers own both consoles, so they wouldn't need to leave one for the other, right?

eh i dont know if i would call your mom a gamer because she plays it when she visits there pk. there is a huge difference between being a gamer and playing a game from time to time. its a rant for another time i suppose

also as much as it pains me to say it, technically there are three consoles

She's a gamer. She's been playing games as long as I have. She was right there with me when we got our Pong console, and all the other consoles until I moved out. I'm currently trying to talk her and my sis into getting a Kinect console. Once I have mine, we can all game together once again, and have video chat (sis is in England).

In response to the article, the two consoles were 360 and PS3. No Wii or PC was mentioned. Not surprising, though, since at least once a month, the major gaming sites like to air out a PS3/360 fanboy article/blog post to garner page views. Always works, too.

Listen, it's a matter of personal preference. If you have a 360 and love it, good for you go play some 360. Oh, and if you have a PS3 and love it, good for you go play some PS3. Hell if you have a Wii or PC and love those...Play 'em. It's not a matter of "waiting" or "your updates take longer than mine", it's a matter of which system you want to play on. Much to the chagrin of the argumentative types here, it is a matter of personal opinion. All have their strengths and weaknesses but at the end of the day, play what you want.

One more thing to play off what GG said....Fanboys are gay. :lol:

I don't consider this a flame war for fanboys as much as a healthy debate. What started this topic was not which console is better but should I buy a PS3 if I already have a 360. I was likely the most focal on favoring the PS3 over the 360 because that is console I prefer (I even like it's controller more than the 360 control). Yes we are all gamers here and in a perfect world we can all afford every new console that comes out .. but sadly that is not the case. I was making decent cash when I picked up my consoles but I wouldn't be able to afford that now. It does come down to personal taste. I do not like the Halo series and would rather play Killzone, Bohgey (sp?) here loves Halo and would likely choose that over Killzone. Both are exceptional games but each over something the other doesn't and you have to decide what you want.

I still stand by a person should own a 360 first and if they want a second console it would be a good idea to wait a bit. A couple months wont make too much of a difference and the game library will only get bigger and cheaper in process. Is there one console that will rule them all?? yes and it's called the iPad! (kidding!! let's not get into that) no there is no one perfect consol. I would never dream of owning a computer for game .. why? .. beats me .. my computer is for work not games but many of us here have very nice set ups for PC gaming and none would ever be able to convince me to get a PC gaming machine. It's just not my taste.

I am some one with all three consols and I haven't turned my Wii on in almost a year .. sometimes I'll use Wii Fit but once I get the Kinect I highly doubt the Wii will be used at all. I never grew up with Nintendo products. I don't care about Mario, Link & Zelda, Kirby or Samus, and really what else is there on that system? That's why I didn't want to bring up Wii's or PC's .. not my thing .. don't care about them .. can't help the discussion.

sk and spawn are right. buy what you want. i did. i just want to be honest about my experience thusfar.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.