November 12, 201015 yr comment_23784 Ironic you post that because I've been meaning to check out Yes, Genesis, Camel, King Crimson and more 70's prog. Haven't heard it before, I'll check it out now. For you I know you have a liking for Alternative Rock so I'll rec you this:Third Eye Blind - Third Eye Blind. 3EB's self titled is probably my favorite album of all time, riddled with recognizable singles but the non-singles are truly the gems; good 90's alt rock.EDIT: Also, another band you should really check out if you like Tool and Alt Rock and Prog. that I think you'd love is Porcupine Tree. In Absentia is a great place to start... Report
November 12, 201015 yr comment_23786 Will do, and yeah Porcupine tree has come up a lot when I've been searching for new stuff to get, just haven't got around to picking anything up from the yet. Report
November 12, 201015 yr Author comment_23793 Alright Vocals, I listened to Triumph earlier, and I have to say, they were pretty interesting. It's nothing I would really listen to out of my own will, but I did think it was pretty alright.. I'm not usually into this type of Rock so I don't really see myself listening to it too much. Just isn't my taste. My favorite track though has to be the first one. Report
November 13, 201015 yr comment_23823 Wasn't to big a fan of the album, didn't care for the first 4 songs, but I did kinda like "Graduate", 'How It's Going to Be", and 'Thanks a Lot". The lost 2 songs weren't bad either. Semi Charmied Life was totally one of those "I totally know this song but never knew who made it" moments, but I was never a big fan of it. Report
November 14, 201015 yr comment_23848 thats not cool bud, did you get a chance to check out any of the rammstein yet?I'm getting some headphones tomorrow to listen to them, sorry for the delay. In the mean time here is what I got for you.. Underoath - Ø (Disambiguation) Report
November 14, 201015 yr comment_23849 Must have missed this, always looking for new music though so sign me up. Report
November 14, 201015 yr comment_23850 I'm getting some headphones tomorrow to listen to them, sorry for the delay. In the mean time here is what I got for you.. Cool, I'll listen to it in a bit and let you know what i think Underoath - Ø (Disambiguation) Report
November 15, 201015 yr Author comment_23902 Must have missed this, always looking for new music though so sign me up.Inferno, you are paired up with AudaciousKevin. Have fun, : D Report
November 16, 201015 yr comment_23910 OK kevin, going with the video game thing i give you I Fight Dragons - Cool is Just a Number EP Report
November 16, 201015 yr comment_23911 Sorry Pan, haven't gotten around to Yes just yet but I should be able to tonight. Report
November 16, 201015 yr comment_23913 Well Inferno, I was thinking of recommending Hybrid's first album, Wider Angle, but I've honestly not listened to about half of the songs, they're all around 8 minutes long, and there's just one song that I really love, called Finished Symphony (just Finished Symphony, not Finished Symphony (Live) or any of the remixes of it, just the original from that album (I don't really like most of the remixes)). So I guess if it counts I'll recommend just that one song, and as the actual album recommendation:Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game - Original Soundtrack by Anamanaguchi.The game features some really awesome synthesized beats reminiscent of some of the best tunes of old school gaming. I'm sure Syc will support this recommendation. Report
November 16, 201015 yr comment_23916 I'm getting some headphones tomorrow to listen to them, sorry for the delay. In the mean time here is what I got for you.. Underoath - Ø (Disambiguation)Wow, i haven't listened to them before... thanks a lot man, i REALLY loved the drums they got going on. Report
November 16, 201015 yr Author comment_23941 Well Inferno, I was thinking of recommending Hybrid's first album, Wider Angle, but I've honestly not listened to about half of the songs, they're all around 8 minutes long, and there's just one song that I really love, called Finished Symphony (just Finished Symphony, not Finished Symphony (Live) or any of the remixes of it, just the original from that album (I don't really like most of the remixes)). So I guess if it counts I'll recommend just that one song, and as the actual album recommendation:Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game - Original Soundtrack by Anamanaguchi.The game features some really awesome synthesized beats reminiscent of some of the best tunes of old school gaming. I'm sure Syc will support this recommendation. Maaaaaaaaaan, that album was damn amazing. Report
November 17, 201015 yr comment_23960 I don't really know what to say about this, i could see this being really good for the game, especially on loop because the songs dont have an "ending" they just sorta fade out. My friend would absolutely love it and ill pass it on to him, but truthfully i probably wouldnt listen to these when im just listening to music but i still added it to my iTunes for my next gaming "marathon". Report
November 17, 201015 yr comment_23962 Yeah it's not for everyone, but if you're into 8-bit or synthesized music, it's great. I'm planning on playing your EP in Beat Hazard tonight, and am probably going to stream it. Report
November 17, 201015 yr comment_23963 Yeah it's not for everyone, but if you're into 8-bit or synthesized music, it's great. I'm planning on playing your EP in Beat Hazard tonight, and am probably going to stream it.Half a year ago i was really into techno synth stuff, but listened to it way too much and ended up getting sick of it, and id love to watch if its not too late, gotta get up extra early tomorrow. Report
November 18, 201015 yr comment_24036 The EP was pretty good. While most of the songs weren't really of a genre I care for, I liked the effects they used in the music. Report
November 18, 201015 yr comment_24038 I'll get back into the mix:** As a side note, this is intended for you to recommend music other users should enjoy based upon their taste in music. So, ask your partner what they're in the mood for or a list of some of their favorite albums/artists as a starting point for you to pick something (last.fm accounts, as aforementioned, are great starts as well). Report
November 18, 201015 yr comment_24050 I'll get back into the mix:** As a side note, this is intended for you to recommend music other users should enjoy based upon their taste in music. So, ask your partner what they're in the mood for or a list of some of their favorite albums/artists as a starting point for you to pick something (last.fm accounts, as aforementioned, are great starts as well). Honestly I'd prefer it be something that the other person thinks you should listen to because they think it's good. So they can recommend something you otherwise wouldn't have listened to. Report
December 4, 201015 yr Author comment_24774 Alright, sorry for the absence. Looks like I'll be starting it up again. So I just scanned through the last page real quick to see who was done and what not, and made new pairs.Timber King, you are with me. Vocals hasn't responded yet, so I'll just assume he listened to my recommendation.AudaciousKevin, you are with LGWyant.InfernoParadox, you'll just have to wait a bit man. Somebody will come along soon enough. Report
December 5, 201015 yr Author comment_24791 Alright well, I doubt he will have any problem with it. If you do, just post.PK and Inferno. Report
December 5, 201015 yr comment_24792 -For Inferno-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0sENo11bLkTheir MySpace has 9 songs you can listen to.http://www.myspace.com/houseofheroes Report
December 5, 201015 yr comment_24794 Just downloaded your recommendation so heres mine: A Hangover You Don't Deserve.If you've heard this before Pk (which is very likely) just tell me and ill dig something else up. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.