November 2, 201015 yr comment_22939 So, with recent discussion about it, I figure it'd be cool to start up another music buddy thread. The last time we tried this it started out strong, but slowly people started losing interest. Let's try to get this one more active. If you don't know what "Music Buddy" is, it's a "program" of sorts, where you are partnered up with someone and you recommend one album with them and vice versa. The ultimate goal of this thread is to help broaden the music tastes of people, and possibly make them realize a new genre of music that they like. The way you would get partnered up is whoever posts after you post. For example: I would sign up, and then Peeknuckle would post next so we would become partners. The person that posts after Peeknuckle will have to wait for someone else to post, and so on. Whenever you finish the album, try to give a short description (or long, if you want to) about the album/if you liked it or not. All that good stuff.However you go about acquiring the music is your own business. Have fun guys! I'll be the first to sign up. Current Partner List:SycoYAFF and Timber KingPeeknuckle and PanfootInfernoParadox and Chinese Baboon*Once you have found a partner you will be added to the list.Looking for Partners:LGWyantWhenever the two partners have confirmed that they have listened to each others music, you will be put into the "Looking for Partners" section.Last.fmSycoYAFF Last.fmTimber King's Last.fm Report
November 2, 201015 yr comment_22943 I looked through your last.fm Syco, you ever listen to the band Brand New? Report
November 2, 201015 yr comment_22946 I SIGN UPEdit: Had to quickly sign up so I get PK, saw other people reading this thread, and PK, get prepared for music epicness Report
November 2, 201015 yr Author comment_22947 Nope, never heard of them. Which album would you recommend?For you CB, I have a band called The Protomen (If you haven't heard of them). They are a "Rock Opera" which tells the story of Megaman. I personally love them. Very vocal oriented.The Protomen - Act 2: The Father of DeathNote: Even though this is the second album in a rather story-driven set of music, this is the prequel to the first act. So if you do like this album, you should definitely check out the first album as well. Also, the best possible/ideal way to listen to this album is to read the lyrics along with it. The lyrics contain background information and each song, and really let you understand what is going on. http://lyrics.wikia.com/The_Protomen#Act_II:_The_Father_of_Death_.282009.29 Report
November 2, 201015 yr Author comment_22949 Alright, I'll be updating the first post with the current partners. Report
November 2, 201015 yr comment_22950 Sweet, getting it now. For you I recommend Brand New's "The Devil and God Raging Inside Me". I'm an active member on Sputnikmusic.com and this is arguably the highest ranked and most influencial album of the decade other then maybe Opeth's Blackwater Park, Converge's Jane Doe and GY!BE. Album is truly an experience. They are traditionally a pop-punk band in the line of Taking Back Sunday.ALSO: A recommendation for every member here at Gamercide, Powerglove. Band has released 2 albums, "Metal Kombat for the Mortal Man" and "Saturday Morning Apocalypse". They are a Metal band but their first album is Video Game music and their second is Saturday Morning Cartoon show theme songs. Band is great talent and each album bring a load of fond memories back. Report
November 2, 201015 yr Author comment_22952 Awesome CB, I'll check them out tonight, including Powerglove. Report
November 2, 201015 yr comment_22953 PeeKnuckle, Im really happy for you and ima let you finish but 808s & Heartbreak was the best Kanye West album of all times.Thats why I picked it for you, dont be hating on my music taste. Report
November 2, 201015 yr comment_22970 Obsie. You get Mondo Cane. ^Full playlist of album. Can listen to the whole thing.I'll listen to what's his face tomorrow. Report
November 2, 201015 yr comment_22987 Not many people here will like it. It's Patton doing old Italian pop songs from the 60's & early 70's. Stuff from Ennio Morricone etc. He sings all of it in Italian.I think it's killer. Report
November 3, 201015 yr Author comment_23180 Alright CB. So I listened to Brand New today. I have to say, I loved them. They were amazing and totally not was I was expecting. My favorite song has to be Limousine (MS Rebridge) . It was a perfect balance of soothing and hard for me. Very good recommendation CB. I enjoyed it a lot. Report
November 3, 201015 yr comment_23182 I listened through the Protomen album and I enjoyed it. Not much of a Rock Opera guy and I thought it was a little repetitive and could have fleshed out some more melody but otherwise a solid release. Favorite song was probably Light up the Night. Too many good songs off of that Brand New album for me to pick, Jesse Lacey is a lyrical genius and expresses so much emotion when he sings. Report
November 3, 201015 yr Author comment_23188 Yeah, Light up the Night happens to be a lot of people's favorite song. My favorite song on the album was either Breaking Out or The Hounds. Act 1 has a totally different sound. I personally like Act 1 as well.Alright, so whoever posts next will be CB's partner if he wants one. Then after CB the other person to post will be my partner. Report
November 3, 201015 yr Author comment_23193 My bad, next person who doesn't have a partner goes to LGWyant. Then CB, then me. Report
November 3, 201015 yr comment_23217 I'll join the list, why not. I'm interested in new music all the time although I cannot guarantee I'll make it through an album. Report
November 3, 201015 yr Author comment_23218 I'll join the list, why not. I'm interested in new music all the time although I cannot guarantee I'll make it through an album.Alright, you are paired with LGWyant. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.