April 7, 201016 yr comment_2061 Okay, this may or may not be just a thinly veiled post so I can show off my new system that most of you guys know I just picked up. Anyhoo, here goes.Kinda hard to see in the lighting, but this photo consists of an Insignia 55" LCD 1080p TV, Xbox 360 Elite, PS 3, hi def DTV/DVR satellite box, a Denon AVR 1910 receiver, Klipsch RPW-10 subwoofer, and a set of B&W DM 570 main speakers. The speakers are a little dated, but anyone familiar with B&W products will know that they produce awesome speakers.These are on plant shelves above and behind me where I sit in my living room. The wire on the one speaker only shows for the couple of feet you can see in the pic. The rest is run under the carpet and up a piece of tastefully placed molding. They're a set of Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000's. They're small, but I was blown away by how big they sound.So yeah, we don't have a "post your setup" thread, so I started one. Have at it fellers! Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_2063 That's an awesome set up Pogre, I wish I had one like that. Unfortunately I'm still missing the tv, but that will change soon enough! It's a really nice tv, and having surround sound is a big plus. I approve of your setup. Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_2064 Nothing as glamorous as Pogre's over here. I got me a -26" Sony Bravia-2.1 Logitech speaker system-Xbox -MacBook Pro 13"and some Turtlebeach X1sThe PS3 is downstairs on a 42" Pioneer Plasma screen with a 5.1 surround system Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_2066 Timmy clean your computer screen lol.It was the flash! lol. I never even knew it was that grubby Report
April 7, 201016 yr Author comment_2072 Not bad at all, Timmeh. I've always been a bit of an audiophile, and I soon discovered that, no matter what you get, as awesome as it sounds/looks, there's always someone else out there with more money than they know what to do with that will have a system that will make the next one look like a kid's toy. Mine is all basically entry-level stuff, but I'm very happy with it.B&W sells a set of speakers that retail for over 19k. clicky Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_2075 40" Samsung LCD TV, Xbox Pro w/Modern Warfare2, and a nice score to boot. (lol) Can't forget about Rotten Ronald's coffee.Dell Inspiron Dual Core 2.2 GHz/2GB RAM/1GB Nvidia GEForce/19" Monitor, cheap speakers, Dell mouse, nice lamp, and the coffee (it was so good I had to include it in both pictures). I know..my camera is teh suxors.Oh BTW Pogre, I'm liking the 55 incher. I might upgrade soon. Report
April 8, 201016 yr comment_2124 I'm gonna have to clean my room before I take a picture hahaha Report
April 8, 201016 yr Author comment_2126 I'm gonna have to clean my room before I take a picture hahahaLol.This is what happened right before I took those pics."Kameron! Get your socks off the floor, and put your shoes away!"Kameron would be my son. Of course when I told him that, he had to point out that my shoes were out and that I left the contents of my pockets on the counter.Little turd. Report
April 8, 201016 yr comment_2137 Here is my 32' LCD Sony Bravia. It's a good size since I sit really close to it:You may be asking yourself, but where is your sound system Mr. PB&J? (If you didn't already see them hanging off the TV )Look no farther:Wait a minute...Ta-da!Ax 720's. The unfair audio advantage . These were all taken on my webcam off my lappy, so no pic of that. Report
April 8, 201016 yr comment_2236 You guys all have some pretty nice stuff. Porge I remember you talking about expanding your system and it looks very nice now. You certainly do have a great high end entry level system. I'd post mine put as I said long ago my two main speakers are different colours. Yea I bitched and complained but long story short I decided it wasn't worth my trouble to continue this arguement.So I'm rather embarrassed by how the system looks so I'll just post links to what I have. My TV is nothing special .. 47" LCD from 3 or 4 years ago.RecieverSubwooferFloorstanding Speakers ... these are the ones where one is gray and the other is blackSurround Sound SpeakersCenter Channel .. my baby! I'm still pissed about the Floorstanding speakers but I have a plan .. first I need a job .. then I need to save up some cash again. .. then .. since my wife Tam said I couldn't have dogs we can only have cats I said ... "Well if I can't get dogs I'm getting new speakers .. and I'm going to whine like a 5 year old" .. So in couple years I plan to get these or something like them. Soon to be speakers .. as you can see I love Klipsch Report
April 8, 201016 yr comment_2251 Mine would look better if I could hold my phone still, but I think you get the idea... lol Report
April 8, 201016 yr comment_2256 .. ..and what the hell EM!! .. drinking McDonalds coffee??? .. what kind of Canadian are you? . . . TIM HORTONS FOR THE WIN!!!!!! Report
April 8, 201016 yr Author comment_2257 RecieverSubwooferFloorstanding Speakers ... these are the ones where one is gray and the other is blackSurround Sound SpeakersCenter Channel .. my baby! That's a pretty nice setup Kev. Even if your mains are different colors, I'll bet they sound awesome. Report
April 8, 201016 yr comment_2259 I'm really happy with these but the different colour speakers are somewhat of an eye sore. Trust me I did a lot of bitching and complaining but it was during a time when work was extremely busy and after about two weeks of getting now where I just threw in the towel. Their both the exact same speaker so there's no difference in sound quality and my amp can handle another set of speakers so I'll use these ones as surround sounds and move them apart. I just have to wait a while till I can do. This was not something I did over night, I think I saved for about 2 years to get this. Prices keep dropping pretty fast on some stuff so it wont be hard to upgrade when I'm ready. Hell I might even invest in a 9.2 amp .. and TV's are getting pretty cheap cause everyone is pushing for 3D. I also have an older Technics turntable that I really like but I don't have a preamp for it so it's only for display. Report
April 8, 201016 yr comment_2262 My downstairs setup. I'm FINALLLY getting an entertainment center for all the equipment tomorrow. I'll post some pictures once I get that installed and all that wiring cleaned up! Report
April 8, 201016 yr comment_2281 .. ..and what the hell EM!! .. drinking McDonalds coffee??? .. what kind of Canadian are you? . . . TIM HORTONS FOR THE WIN!!!!!!There's no Timmies around where I live. Not that I've found yet anyway. McDonalds is just 2 minute walk away. Report
April 9, 201016 yr comment_2314 man, i need to find a camera and take a picture of mine. its nothing fancy but i want to share Report
April 9, 201016 yr comment_2363 I suppose I should join this fray soon as well... but not now. I got about a foot worth of paperwork on my desk along with empty beer bottles. Report
April 9, 201016 yr comment_2366 I look at some of these setups and start drooling because of their awesomeness. Report
April 9, 201016 yr comment_2376 man, i need to find a camera and take a picture of mine. its nothing fancy but i want to shareThat's how I felt about mine.The headset is the only thing somewhat impressive lol. Report
April 9, 201016 yr comment_2377 Nothing impressive at all, especially since I'm in a dorm.Here's the TV:Now I like to make beats and record music in my spare time, so here is my recording setup. Yes, it's a Chewbacca mask with a bandanna and a fake cigarette in his mouth. The black piece is the microphone. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.