August 31, 201016 yr comment_17715 The doctors have said yesterday that theres nothing else they can do for my sister. They were trying to get her counts back down to try the bone marrow again, but it just wasn't happening. She has 80% blasts in her blood, and terrible sores on her body. Doctors said it could be 24 hours to 2 weeks. Please pray for my sister? I know prayer works and God can intervene. Report
August 31, 201016 yr comment_17717 Oh god Rose, I'm so sorry to hear that. *gives you a huge hug*Coy and I will keep her in our prayers. I'm sure ALL of us here will. Our spirits are with you and your family. Report
August 31, 201016 yr comment_17718 My thoughts and prayers are with you in this terrible time, Rose. Report
August 31, 201016 yr comment_17726 I'm very sad to hear this, Rose. Every good thought I have, is for your sister right now. Report
August 31, 201016 yr Author comment_17731 To be done hurting is no less than....devineI do agree completely, I don't want her to live in pain. Shane wants to fly me to Arizona to be with my family, but I just can't do it. I don't want to see my sister this way. But we can't just give up our hope. Report
August 31, 201016 yr comment_17739 Sorry to hear. Here's to hoping that she somehow can recover. However, I think you would be doing a disservice to you and your sister if you don't go see her now. Report
August 31, 201016 yr comment_17746 So sorry to hear about this Rose. My thoughts are with you and your family girl. I'm sending tons of great big e-hugs and an e-shoulder to cry on. You know we all wub you and are here for you. Report
August 31, 201016 yr comment_17752 You, your sister, and family hang in there. All of us here hope and pray for the best. Report
September 1, 201016 yr comment_17776 I see it this way, you may not want to see her in this condition but does she want to see you? If someone I loved was dying I'd want to be able to be there for them if they needed me. Report
September 1, 201016 yr comment_17827 I think you should go see her Rose .. I know it's tough and if you guys can afford it .. then you should go. It wont be as bad as you think and you'll have your family (and us if you need us) there with you. Report
September 1, 201016 yr comment_17830 Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your sister Rose. Report
September 1, 201016 yr comment_17835 Rose, my prayers are with your sister and your family. I know this may sound bad and I'm sorry if it does but I think you should see your sister. You may regret it if you don't and I'm definetly sure she'd love to see you. I know it'd be tough but I think it'd help your family out a lot. love, jb Report
September 1, 201016 yr comment_17857 I see it this way, you may not want to see her in this condition but does she want to see you? If someone I loved was dying I'd want to be able to be there for them if they needed me.i agree with cb here rose. you may not want to see her like this but she really wants to see you. sometimes people know when its their time, and if she wants to see you before that time comes you should go see her. its not going to be easy, and the end results may not be what you are wanting but you will be glad that you saw her before anything happens. Report
September 2, 201016 yr comment_17865 The one regret i have about my father is not saying goodbye to him. It's one thing in life that you can't get back...... as much as you love someone and want to remember them for the way they were, it's important to have closure. I will be praying for you and your family in this trying time. Report
September 3, 201016 yr Author comment_18033 Well for a few days we had renewed hope. Her sores were much better, and they were trying some new (non-chemo) drug to see if it would help. Sort of a last ditch effort. It didn't help, and her blasts are now higher than they were. They moved her to her new room, and are just keeping her as comfortable as possible. We don't know how long it will be. She's in quite a bit of pain. But mom and dad said she is acting so strong for everyone else. Dad is really having a hard time, and will hardly talk to anyone (but Tisha of course), but I can't blame him. Now on top of this my parents dog, a 16yr old yorkie, has passed away too. So they are greiving for her too.I don't have the money to go at the moment. I did yesterday, but mom and dad are having a hard time financially, so I did what I haven't been able to do (EVER) and deposited $300 into their account. Knowing they wouldn't have the money to pay it back, we just told them Merry Christmas. To me it felt like I was giving them both a big hug, literally. My dad is not a crier, but when mom told him what I did, he cried. If I don't make it before she passes, I will be going for the funeral.Thank you everyone for the prayers and support. It means alot. Report
September 17, 201016 yr Author comment_19236 Just a little update....Mom called tonight. Tisha is being sent home for the weekend, and then on Monday shes going to the Mayo Clinic. They have one more thing (another pill) they want to try, and its the last option. Shes says shes hanging in there. They had tried some other pill a little bit ago, and she had a bad reaction to it. They had told Joel (Tishs husband) that they only give her 24 hrs at that time, but they figured out it was the meds, not the cancer that was making her so sick, so they got her off it. It actually seemed like it was helping the cancer tho, cuz her blasts went down a little, but she cant keep taking it. So that sucked. Hopefully this other stuff will work.Thanks everyone. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.