Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

ThermoNukePanda

Live Casters
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ThermoNukePanda

  1. In my opinion I think it's about time Tiger got dumped. There are a lot of golfers out there right now, and many doing better than Tiger. Not sure I like the generic "PGA Tour" title but I don't know what their other options are. Doesn't matter much to me though, I'd rather golf for real
  2. There are a ton of attention whores lately. I remember reading some story from this woman who blogs who said that this dude in Walmart freaked out on her for "her son wearing pink" or something like that and basically attaked them. People called bullcrap on that too and it turned out it was. So much attention whoring lately.
  3. While I am 100% against discrimination I have to say that this all has been COMPLETELY over-sensationalized to the extreme.
  4. Same, also holding off here till next year. My PC is keeping me occupied and I most likely will check out the PS4
  5. Sounds pretty interesting. I'd say the Ghosts have a leg up on the Splinter Cell guys though IMO.
  6. I have this game (came free with my graphics card), and I haven't even started it up yet to check it out. :/ Thanks for the heads up Ms. Siren.
  7. Good review MrsBE. I'll also chime in to say that it is a shame that it doesn't quite live up to its predecessor.
  8. Nice PK!
  9. Club America manager Miguel Herrera (apparently going Super Saiyan lol)
  10. Germany already has declared the Kinect2 a "monitoring device" as far as I know.
  11. Very awesome Spawn. I'd like to see more of these in the future!
  12. Awesome write up Siren. Although I have a few concerns with how things are worded by MS. A) Yes, the system does not require a "constant" connection, although Phil clearly stated in an interview that the console definitely would need to connect at least once a day (24 hours) in order to function. This is not a "constant" connection, but definitely leaning towards always online. B ) The used game market will be smashed with this reasoning, at least for Xbox One titles. Yes, "both people need to own the game". This just means that I will seriously have to pay a full price fee in order to use a game that someone previously used, downloaded to the other person's console already who no longer "needs" the disc to play the game since X1 installed its info their own personal cloud. Multi console families (like I once was) are going to get shafted. Gamefly users for X1? No point. Military service men and women, possibly based overseas or underwater using their consoles without always having internet access? Nope. Needs to connect once every 24 hours to function. I'm just saddened at the extreme DRM.
  13. And definite activation codes with mandatory installs for each game disc.... meaning no used games with paying a "small fee" according to Wired. Eeeeek! Thanks Siren!
  14. This game has some amazing vistas! Metro’s story isn’t an entirely a new concept. Nuclear destruction wipes out society; society crumbles on itself and retreats underground to survive. Throw in a dash of mutants, terrifying and telepathic monsters known as the “Dark Ones”, set the stage in Russia with an economy based on trading military grade bullets and you pretty much get the point. Once again you’ll be filling the shoes of the previous protagonist, Artyom, although the storyline seems more focused on the inner turmoil and conflicts between various factions surviving underground as they look to control the weapons discovered within the military vaults of D6 rather than the perceived menace of the Dark Ones showcased in the prior game (Last Light assumes players experienced the “bad ending” of launching missiles to destroy them in Metro 2033). Last Light is incredibly beautiful. I’m not kidding you on this. Despite the slightly linear experience of the game I spent a great deal of time slowly roaming through the corridors and tunnels marveling at the attention to detail. In my eyes not many games create such an eye-catching atmosphere which sucks me in and really makes the surrounding environment feel alive. In a completely aesthetic point of view Last Light is breathtaking. Despite the linear storyline, the "towns" of people feel alive The PC master race used to joke about their rigs, often querying one another “Yes, but can it run Crysis?” The benchmarks previously set have been absolutely shattered by 4A games with their self-titled 4A Engine, and that’s not an understatement considering the optimum system requirements calling for GeForce Titan (which also currently has an equally titanic price!). Even ported over to console it’s amazing to consider how much can be squeezed onto an Xbox 360 or PS3 disc while still looking this incredible. Gamercide was provided a review copy for the PC and I can tell you that my now aging MSI GeForce 460GTX wept silently in a corner while running the game, although I most likely shouldn’t use the term silently considering the card’s cooling fan usually was running full tilt under the stress placed upon it. That’s not to say I had to turn the resolution extremely low with all the fancy effects like tessellation and PhysX off, but this is definitely not a title you can expect to crank everything to max and expect a reasonable frame rate. Last Light is also optimized really for Nvidia cards (AMD cards lack PhysX support). Although I played through the game on an easier setting (don’t judge me, I’m a horrible shot and needed all the ammo I could lay my hands on!) the AI from what I experience left a little to be desired. I understand stealth mechanics and remaining “hidden” when obscured from sources of light, but human enemies can almost be completely walked right up to and around. One would imagine that in low light situations you’d be able to detect someone who is literally a few feet away from you, but for some reason just about every single human enemy is in some serious need of corrective eyewear. I encountered some other minor gripes within the game as well. I’m not sure if it’s a product of PhysX, but while watching an entertaining performance within the theatre I couldn’t help but notice the “assets” of the female dancing line which seemed to behave in a gravity defying display of awkwardness. Additionally, just as I noted in Metro 2033, it seems that copies of Glukhovsky’s novels are scattered everywhere. In the first chapter of the game alone I found three of them and I found myself checking around in every living area to see how many more existed (there are a lot of them). It’s prominently noted during the opening splash screen that the game is based upon a novel, so why do these survivors of an apocalypse have the actual books everywhere? Would that make everyone in the game a prophet of things to come since they’ve already read what is going to happen to them? Why does everyone have a copy of the book? The game only hard crashed on me once forcing a restart from a previous checkpoint, but for a PC game in 2013 to have only one save game file is slightly unacceptable and I’ll tell you why. Partway through the game when I reached the aforementioned theatre the game saved a checkpoint. It’s a small area where the checkpoint saves for you in a hallway right outside of a tavern area. I walked into the tavern and discovered a non-responsive NPC that was standing with his back turned to me, frozen in time and halting my progress. A wandering ticket seller following his programmed path even kept walking back and forth straight through this mystery man barring my way forth. There was absolutely nothing I could do at this point as reloading the checkpoint threw me back into the hall only to discover the person still blocking further progress. I even reloaded and completed the previous whole chapter twice and encountered the same problem. On a third try I did find a small area I missed that had an “event” where I picked up a shotgun and was suddenly attacked by an enemy. When I reached the tavern that third time our friendly human barricade had completely disappeared as if he didn’t even exist in the first place. This was after over five hours of experimentation trying to discover a solution. I’m unsure if the scripted event had any effect on this or not, but having to replay whole chapters due to issues like this is frustrating. You can see the billboard guy clipping through the unknown NPC blocking the way Despite any issues, Last Light is engrossing and a joy to play. If you have a powerful PC and want to experience truly cutting edge graphics I recommend checking it out. Even if you’re unsure your PC can handle the crushing system requirements you’d be perfectly fine with a console port on the Xbox 360 or PS3 and could probably still say it’s the best looking game out at the moment for either system. Nuclear disaster has never looked better!
  15. PK.... I love you for this.
  16. BEST PIECE OF BREAD EVER!!!
  17. It's official. We're drawing dicks on the face of planet Mars with the rover.
  18. Good review Spawn. I think it served better that you DIDN'T play the first one before coming in to this to allow you to have fresh perspective.
  19. DO WANT!!!! TAKE MY MONEY!!! He won't even sell them. He just makes them and gives them away to friends. He even turned down like two grand for the millenium falcon apparently. I think his name is Tom Bingham and he lives somewhere in the UK.
  20. No worry for the delay. Thanks again man.
  21. All finished up with screenshots. Please post it up to the main page if you don't mind Dat. Thanks so much. Let me know when it's done so I can let Olli and the people from LudoCraft know!
  22. I will definitely want it published. I do need to add images into the review later this evening when I get home from work and before I start streaming imgur and other sites don't like to behave with my corporate firewall, so I have to wait. Thanks Dat for commenting. It's TOTALLY worth the frigging $5 today. Hell, it's worth the $15 at normal price, but for a fiver it's a steal! I'd love to have some more people to play with
  23. Fixing formatting, keeps crashing, please wait to post anything. Thanks *edit* Now I just need to add images later when I'm not busy with work. Wanted to at least get this up this morning.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.