Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

spawn622

Press
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spawn622

  1. I've ordered it and was COMPLETELY disappointed. Only 2 dudes and they had obviously completed another order right before....Not nearly enough to satisfy my appetite.
  2. It's a ridiculous world we live when a guy cant put up a free game and people just enjoy it. There are plenty more shit games out there that don't get their creators death threats. What's also really silly to me is the people that are trying to sell their iPhones on ebay with the game installed for $1000+. I mean, yeah it's a flash in the pan game that is no more, but it's damn sure not worth $1000....but then again, somebody help me put my iPhone up on ebay and get me paid!
  3. http://gifs.com/9V8
  4. Man, don't get me started on the amount of consoles and games I have...Ranging from old school to new, I have almost every system you can think of and some you probably never knew existed.
  5. I underplayed my Zelda love a bi,t i think. I take my original NES, SNES, and other cartridges apart once a year and replace the batteries in them. As long as you do it quickly enough, you won't lose your game saves (1989 original second quest save still there!). I also a replica Hylian shield and various versions of the Master Swords that are available. I now own 2 Wii U consoles, because Nintendo released the special edition Wind Waker version. Of course I have the 3DS. My collection literally has moved in to obsession over the years. It's sort of sad honestly.
  6. Developer: Nintendo Publisher: Nintendo Genre: Action-Adventure Platform: Nintendo 3DS Release Date: November 22, 2013 When The Legend of Zelda released in 1987 I was 8 years old and it quickly became one of my favorite game franchises of all time. Through the years I have played and still own every single Legend of Zelda game that has been released. From the 1987 classic, to the downright travesties of the CD-i games, all the way through the latest A Link Between Worlds, I’ve played them all through to completion. While the original is still my favorite, I have loved them all (Yes even the terrible ones). I’m proud to say A Link Between Worlds is not terrible and is one of the most enjoyable games I’ve played in recent memory. I’m sorry if this ruined the ending of this review for you, but please read on to find out why this game is so good. The latest game takes us back to the Hyrule from the SNES days. It not only takes us back there, but literally uses the exact same map from A Link To The Past and this is my only extremely minor complaint with the game. The map felt all too familiar and a tad bit lazy on Nintendo’s part. While this was a very slight downside to the game, it is in no way a detriment to the game and can also be viewed as strong suite. Much like a well worn pair of underpants, slipping back in to this world feels great. Yes, I’m aware of the contradiction in terms here, but if you’re under 20 years old and not in to classic gaming it will feel new to you. Besides, the rehashed map is literally an homage for what becomes an entirely new game when you begin to dig in to it and find the all new dungeons, progression system, and gameplay devices. The story is pretty much the standard Zelda story. Sticking close to the original SNES story, the sages (Including Princess Zelda) are kidnapped by the dark wizard Yuga in the hopes to release Ganon’s spirit from his prison and give him the ultimate power, the Triforce of Power. Of course it’s up to our green tunic’d hero to save the day. The difference here is while Zelda rules over Hyrule, Princess Hilda rules over Lorule, which is being torn apart. As I said, standard Zelda story, but very intriguing with twists and turns that will keep you guessing. The old way of progressing through a Zelda game required you to tackle the dungeons in a specific order to obtain the upgrades necessary to move on to the next. Those linear days are gone my friends. Now if you have the rupees, you can own the upgrades necessary to progress through any dungeon you want. You “rent” things like the boomerang, hookshot, and all the other standard Zelda items from Ravio. Once you have the items, it’s up to you to determine which one is used for which dungeon. The real catch to this rental structure is, if you die whatever items you were renting are returned to Ravio and you must rent them again. This can become troublesome in the boss battles, as they can be quite tough. However, it is a great way to remove the linearity from the game and make the formula we are used to feel fresh and new. There are a few exceptions to this “rental” structure, but they are easily worked in to the story. The other new gameplay mechanic is Link’s ability to become a painting on flat surfaces. Link literally becomes controllable art on the walls. This allows link to slip between cracks, escape through prison bars, and go through portals to reach Lorule. The new power also becomes a life saver when facing boss battles, as you are semi-invincible when in the walls. Both the wall phasing and items have a meter that limits the use of them, but it replenishes when not in use. Of course, what new game would be complete without collectibles? There are collectibles in the game that allow you to not only upgrade your items as you progress, but also upgrade the Master Sword. Hidden within certain dungeons are materials that allow the Master Sword upgrades. Also, the fetch quest of finding 100 Maiamais for Mother Maiamai allows you to upgrade all the items from Ravio’s shop. While not completely necessary, this does give the game a tad bit more gameplay time. With how beautiful this game looks on the 3DS, who can blame you for wanting to spend more time in the 2 kingdoms? Speaking of graphics, the game really is stunning to look at. The subtle things are what really make the game pop. Everything from the original SNES is there but they have been upgraded immensely. While everything is still small and doesn’t have the super-sharp HD look of bigger screen consoles, the 3DS really does a great job with this one. The 3D is put to decent use, but definitely not necessary to having the full experience. The music has also been reworked and fully orchestrated. The tunes will seem familiar to fans and have you humming along as you play right from the very beginning. In summation, this is a Zelda fan’s dream. The beautiful graphics for a portable game are great and music that sticks with you. Gameplay is tight and exactly what you’d expect from a Zelda game. The new rental system works quite well and allows you to tackle the game like you’ve never been able to before. While a rehashed map may be a detriment to some, it doesn’t hurt an overall great experience. As I said in the beginning, A Link Between Worlds is one of the most enjoyable games I’ve had the pleasure of playing in years. I had brand new games sitting unopened that I had been anticipating for months and months, while I completed this one. While there has been no real shortage of great Zelda games in recent memory, this one really is this long time fan’s dream come true. Click here to view the article
  7. The latest game takes us back to the Hyrule from the SNES days. It not only takes us back there, but literally uses the exact same map from A Link To The Past and this is my only extremely minor complaint with the game. The map felt all too familiar and a tad bit lazy on Nintendo’s part. While this was a very slight downside to the game, it is in no way a detriment to the game and can also be viewed as strong suite. Much like a well worn pair of underpants, slipping back in to this world feels great. Yes, I’m aware of the contradiction in terms here, but if you’re under 20 years old and not in to classic gaming it will feel new to you. Besides, the rehashed map is literally an homage for what becomes an entirely new game when you begin to dig in to it and find the all new dungeons, progression system, and gameplay devices. The story is pretty much the standard Zelda story. Sticking close to the original SNES story, the sages (Including Princess Zelda) are kidnapped by the dark wizard Yuga in the hopes to release Ganon’s spirit from his prison and give him the ultimate power, the Triforce of Power. Of course it’s up to our green tunic’d hero to save the day. The difference here is while Zelda rules over Hyrule, Princess Hilda rules over Lorule, which is being torn apart. As I said, standard Zelda story, but very intriguing with twists and turns that will keep you guessing. The old way of progressing through a Zelda game required you to tackle the dungeons in a specific order to obtain the upgrades necessary to move on to the next. Those linear days are gone my friends. Now if you have the rupees, you can own the upgrades necessary to progress through any dungeon you want. You “rent” things like the boomerang, hookshot, and all the other standard Zelda items from Ravio. Once you have the items, it’s up to you to determine which one is used for which dungeon. The real catch to this rental structure is, if you die whatever items you were renting are returned to Ravio and you must rent them again. This can become troublesome in the boss battles, as they can be quite tough. However, it is a great way to remove the linearity from the game and make the formula we are used to feel fresh and new. There are a few exceptions to this “rental” structure, but they are easily worked in to the story. The other new gameplay mechanic is Link’s ability to become a painting on flat surfaces. Link literally becomes controllable art on the walls. This allows link to slip between cracks, escape through prison bars, and go through portals to reach Lorule. The new power also becomes a life saver when facing boss battles, as you are semi-invincible when in the walls. Both the wall phasing and items have a meter that limits the use of them, but it replenishes when not in use. Of course, what new game would be complete without collectibles? There are collectibles in the game that allow you to not only upgrade your items as you progress, but also upgrade the Master Sword. Hidden within certain dungeons are materials that allow the Master Sword upgrades. Also, the fetch quest of finding 100 Maiamais for Mother Maiamai allows you to upgrade all the items from Ravio’s shop. While not completely necessary, this does give the game a tad bit more gameplay time. With how beautiful this game looks on the 3DS, who can blame you for wanting to spend more time in the 2 kingdoms? Speaking of graphics, the game really is stunning to look at. The subtle things are what really make the game pop. Everything from the original SNES is there but they have been upgraded immensely. While everything is still small and doesn’t have the super-sharp HD look of bigger screen consoles, the 3DS really does a great job with this one. The 3D is put to decent use, but definitely not necessary to having the full experience. The music has also been reworked and fully orchestrated. The tunes will seem familiar to fans and have you humming along as you play right from the very beginning. In summation, this is a Zelda fan’s dream. The beautiful graphics for a portable game are great and music that sticks with you. Gameplay is tight and exactly what you’d expect from a Zelda game. The new rental system works quite well and allows you to tackle the game like you’ve never been able to before. While a rehashed map may be a detriment to some, it doesn’t hurt an overall great experience. As I said in the beginning, A Link Between Worlds is one of the most enjoyable games I’ve had the pleasure of playing in years. I had brand new games sitting unopened that I had been anticipating for months and months, while I completed this one. While there has been no real shortage of great Zelda games in recent memory, this one really is this long time fan’s dream come true. http://youtu.be/O_auhDR8VjU
  8. KILL IT!!!! KILL IT!!!
  9. I have it and the season pass. Once I'm done with Link Between Worlds and Assassin's Creed 4, it is next.
  10. This game sits still shrink wrapped on my shelf. Along with The Last of Us, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Wonderful 101, Rocksmith 2014, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and a slew of others. I am ashamed. At least my Batman season pass will get me the DLC. lol
  11. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005S2KUEQ
  12. Thanks Ben. Meant a lot for him to see a comment from you. He's highly anticipating more levels. Glad you guys dug his review. He seriously enjoyed doing it. Any time he or his sister can do one, I know they will.
  13. Developed by: Bombajam Platforms: iOS Price: $0.99 Release Date: April 15, 2013 Buy on iTunes As a parent, it's sometimes tough to know what games are going to be fun for your kids. Especially younger kids. We here at Gamercide wanted to do something about that problem. That said, enter our first review (That I can think of) written by one of our little ones. The way I approached this was to allow him to play the game and then I wrote a list of questions for him to answer that are basically the same ones I would answer myself when writing any review. My son is 7 years old and when he heard the idea of being able to get a game, play it through, and then answer a few questions about it, he was over the moon excited. Keep in mind while reading the answers, I have not edited them or changed anything. This is his honest review of the game after playing it through to completion twice. So without further delay here's Hayden's review of Shade Dogs: And there you have it folks, what I think is our first kid review of a game. After watching him play it on the iPad, I think it was a little easy for him and hope they bring some harder puzzles out in an update. However, overall, he, his friends, and his sister had a great time with it. For $0.99 you can't go wrong with fart noises, jazzy music, and cute doggies. If you have smaller kids, I think this would be right up their alley. Click here to view the article
  14. And there you have it folks, what I think is our first kid review of a game. After watching him play it on the iPad, I think it was a little easy for him and hope they bring some harder puzzles out in an update. However, overall, he, his friends, and his sister had a great time with it. For $0.99 you can't go wrong with fart noises, jazzy music, and cute doggies. If you have smaller kids, I think this would be right up their alley.
  15. I....I looked at this at work....But the laugh was completely worth it.
  16. No issue at all with releasing an pandering to your target demographic. Hell, hasn't Nintendo been doing it for years with Mario, Zelda, Samus, etc? And when they try to do something different with those franchises proper, they get raped to shreds in reviews. Damned if you do, damned if you don't in most cases it seems. I will say that reviewers need to get their heads out of PR groups and developers' asses and be objective. Write what you feel about these things. Many gamers don't have the disposable income to waste on games and depend on reviewers and it sickens me to think people pander to these guys just to be friends and hope for personal gain. Do your damn jobs and if you can't do it correctly go away.
  17. Assassin's Creed is a great example of sequels being released that are the same thing. I've played all of them and they are good fun (Except 3 which is maddening and made me swear off the series, different story though), but they are all the same. They try adding in new things and people complain about the new stuff (Save for 3's naval battles, which are pure ass to me). Only difference here is, Ass Creed changes the location and Riptide did not. Not playing the first Dead Island, I think, was a good thing for me. It allowed me to be fully objective about this one. I'll say this, with me liking this one, I may go back and snag the first one. I think Techland's plan was "Over 5 million copies of Dead Island sold...Why would we fix something that isn't broken. People obviously like the formula."
  18. Developed by: Techland Published by: Deep Silver Distributed by: Square Enix Platforms: PC, Xbox 360, PS3 Release Date: April 23, 2013 Available on Steam for $39.99 Physical Copy Available for $49.99 Dead Island Riptide is the follow up to the 2011 game Dead Island. The original was fairly well received and sold very well. That said I’ve never touched the original game. Will this be a hindrance or a blessing for Riptide? Read on and find out if I had as much fun bashing zombies around as most or if I put down my machete and walked away disappointed. As I said, I have never touched a Dead Island game before and I was worried I wouldn’t be the right person to review its follow-up, however after playing the game; I think my fears were unwarranted. While the game isn’t great, it’s not terrible by any means. The visceral feeling of dismembering zombies with all sorts of weapons really works, especially in co-op. There are tons of quests, environments, weapons, and zombie types to keep things fresh throughout. Also, the character progression system is much like other games of the type and gives you the “One More Level” feeling that any good game should. You will find yourself up to the wee hours of the morning before you know it. The game features, as expected, 4 player co-op and this is where the game really shines. I was only able to test it out with 2 players, but what I can imagine 4 players would only enhance the experience greatly. The character classes complement each other so well. I chose Sam B. and my co-op partner was Xian. Where Xian would work to sneak behind the zombies to use her bladed weapons with sneak attacks, I would face them head on and bash their heads in with mainly blunt weapons. The co-op is also great because no matter your level, you will always be fighting zombies at your same level. While your partner, who may be at a lower/higher level than you, will be fighting zombies at their same level. I’ve read this was patched in to the original game later and really is a good feature. This allows you to play with your buddies and keeps you from managing multiple characters at various levels. Now, you may have noticed I have yet to mention anything about the story in Dead Island Riptide. This is for good reason and brings me to my first issue with the game. The story is useless here and very much seems like an afterthought. Almost as if the game and environment were created and the story was tacked on later. Picking up where the first game left off and moving the survivors (And a new survivor apparently) to a new island full of rampaging zombies just isn’t inventive or taking any type of story leap. The cut scenes move the story along fairly well. Voice acting is mixed here. Some are quite good, others are just awful. A useless story isn’t always a bad thing though. In this case, strategizing before heading out on a mission can be done at almost any time without worrying about missing anything in a cut scene or during dialogue. Speaking of cut scenes, this brings me to my next semi-gripe with the game. It’s not pretty. Screen tearing, texture pop in/out, frame drop issues, etc all plague the game. It doesn’t ever become a real problem, but in today’s gaming world, these things shouldn’t ever be an issue. Reports online show that the PS3 shows the most problems and the PC is the most solid overall. Playing on the Xbox 360 did show some of these issues but I’ve not run in to anything game breaking. Being an RPG, Riptide succeeds in keeping you busy. Story missions, side quests, team missions, and just general exploration keeps you from ever getting bored while on the island. All these things keep the game fun and help you to ignore its shortcomings. I think if these weren’t there the game would fare much worse. The only stumble the game makes in this area is not giving you an open world to explore after you complete the game. Be sure to get your missions done prior to making the push to the end. Overall Dead Island Riptide is a solid RPG. Never playing the first game doesn’t pose any problems and honestly may help some to overlook some of the issues. Graphically the game isn’t a stunner, which is extremely disappointing in today’s gaming climate. Also, the story really needs to be looked at for any more sequels. Hopefully it can be salvaged down the line. However, the game play actually saves the day. Dismembering zombies with buddies and having an overflowing quest log of things to do is great fun. In summation, Dead Island Riptide is a decent game. If you’re looking for something fun to play with friends or are a fan of the first game, I’d recommend picking this one up. Click here to view the article
  19. As I said, I have never touched a Dead Island game before and I was worried I wouldn’t be the right person to review its follow-up, however after playing the game; I think my fears were unwarranted. While the game isn’t great, it’s not terrible by any means. The visceral feeling of dismembering zombies with all sorts of weapons really works, especially in co-op. There are tons of quests, environments, weapons, and zombie types to keep things fresh throughout. Also, the character progression system is much like other games of the type and gives you the “One More Level” feeling that any good game should. You will find yourself up to the wee hours of the morning before you know it. The game features, as expected, 4 player co-op and this is where the game really shines. I was only able to test it out with 2 players, but what I can imagine 4 players would only enhance the experience greatly. The character classes complement each other so well. I chose Sam B. and my co-op partner was Xian. Where Xian would work to sneak behind the zombies to use her bladed weapons with sneak attacks, I would face them head on and bash their heads in with mainly blunt weapons. The co-op is also great because no matter your level, you will always be fighting zombies at your same level. While your partner, who may be at a lower/higher level than you, will be fighting zombies at their same level. I’ve read this was patched in to the original game later and really is a good feature. This allows you to play with your buddies and keeps you from managing multiple characters at various levels. Now, you may have noticed I have yet to mention anything about the story in Dead Island Riptide. This is for good reason and brings me to my first issue with the game. The story is useless here and very much seems like an afterthought. Almost as if the game and environment were created and the story was tacked on later. Picking up where the first game left off and moving the survivors (And a new survivor apparently) to a new island full of rampaging zombies just isn’t inventive or taking any type of story leap. The cut scenes move the story along fairly well. Voice acting is mixed here. Some are quite good, others are just awful. A useless story isn’t always a bad thing though. In this case, strategizing before heading out on a mission can be done at almost any time without worrying about missing anything in a cut scene or during dialogue. Speaking of cut scenes, this brings me to my next semi-gripe with the game. It’s not pretty. Screen tearing, texture pop in/out, frame drop issues, etc all plague the game. It doesn’t ever become a real problem, but in today’s gaming world, these things shouldn’t ever be an issue. Reports online show that the PS3 shows the most problems and the PC is the most solid overall. Playing on the Xbox 360 did show some of these issues but I’ve not run in to anything game breaking. Being an RPG, Riptide succeeds in keeping you busy. Story missions, side quests, team missions, and just general exploration keeps you from ever getting bored while on the island. All these things keep the game fun and help you to ignore its shortcomings. I think if these weren’t there the game would fare much worse. The only stumble the game makes in this area is not giving you an open world to explore after you complete the game. Be sure to get your missions done prior to making the push to the end. Overall Dead Island Riptide is a solid RPG. Never playing the first game doesn’t pose any problems and honestly may help some to overlook some of the issues. Graphically the game isn’t a stunner, which is extremely disappointing in today’s gaming climate. Also, the story really needs to be looked at for any more sequels. Hopefully it can be salvaged down the line. However, the game play actually saves the day. Dismembering zombies with buddies and having an overflowing quest log of things to do is great fun. In summation, Dead Island Riptide is a decent game. If you’re looking for something fun to play with friends or are a fan of the first game, I’d recommend picking this one up.
  20. Solid gameplay, but overall the story was not that engaging for me. Haven't completed it yet and not sure if I'd be interested in the DLC at all. I've found as I get older that story has become more important to me than anything else in games.
  21. I rarely, if ever post in here. Can't do Youtube clips at work, so I'll link to the band's website: http://www.alestorm.net Also, this:
  22. Just like Duke Nukem and Borderlands 2 (DLC and all), I'll buy this and love every minute of it I'm sure. Reviewers suck at their jobs nowadays, plain and simple. So, 'eff them.
  23. Telltale Games has dropped a few details about the Back to the Future game that was announced in June. Very little is known about the game currently but below are a few tidbits from the press release and other sources: The game will include the likenesses of Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd as the characters Marty McFly and Doc Brown (Seen in the concept art above). Christopher Lloyd will also provide his voice for the games. Other characters from the series will make appearances, although who knows if the actors will provide their likenesses or voices. Back to the Future series screenwriter Bob Gale is working on the story. 5 Episodes are planned. It will be set in the fictional California setting of Hill Valley, and will explore 1985 and additional time periods. Hopefully we'll hear more from Telltale soon on a tentative release and more details. For those that are wondering who Telltale is, they are responsible for the stellar versions of the latest Monkey Island and Sam and Max revival. Be sure to check out the entire press release after the break and stay tuned for more information as it comes in. At 88 miles per hour, Back to the Future took millions of spellbound viewers on a high-flying voyage across the space-time continuum in a trio of wildly inventive tales that broke box-office records around the world. To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Academy Award®-winning cinematic franchise that generated nearly $1 billion worldwide, Telltale Games will release a new game series this winter as part of the milestone soon after the Blu-ray debut and DVD release of the Back to the Future 25th Anniversary Trilogy on October 26, featuring all-new restorations of the classic films.Telltale today announced that the highly anticipated Back to the Future games will feature the likenesses of the original stars that made the characters of Marty McFly and Doc Brown legendary: Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd. Lloyd is voicing Doc Brown for the full game series, which Telltale will deliver in five monthly episodes. The first images showing the game depictions of Marty and Doc are now available at: www.backtothefuturegame.com. The game series is developed through a licensing agreement with Universal Partnerships & Licensing. “Creating cinematic adventures true to the source is a top mission for Telltale,” says Telltale CEO Dan Connors. “Securing Marty and Doc for the games, and presenting the experience that fans know and love, has been top on our list since we initiated development.” Co-creator and writer Bob Gale’s involvement further strengthens the links to the original series. Gale is consulting with Telltale on the characterizations and storyline for the game, ensuring it will be true to the spirit and adventure of the films. Gale elaborates: “Twenty-five years ago when I wrote Doc Brown’s line about ‘seeing the future,’ little did I realize that I would be traveling with him to work on this game. Collaborating with Telltale is an amazing opportunity to continue the adventures of Doc and Marty.” Telltale is also pleased to announce that the games will feature the DeLorean Time Machine, and to celebrate the historic vehicle’s return, it will make a guest appearance at the 2010 Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle Washington September 3 through 5. Fans attending this increasingly popular gaming and culture event can re-create the iconic pose from the movie posters and capture their photos with this authentic replica of the famous vehicle in the Convention Center’s South Hall. Click here to view the article
  24. NinjaBee games brings us the follow-up to their 2008 XBLA hit, A Kingdom for Keflings. Slated for release during "winter" of this year A World of Keflings will be shown in greater detail at PAX. Take a look at the trailer below and a quick synopsis of the upcoming game: Build a robot, rescue the princess, make friends with a dragon and help a creepy witch get even creepier. Take your Xbox LIVE Avatar on a journey through exotic lands while you help the tiny Keflings build and customize their kingdoms! Play with a friend on the same console or with three friends over Xbox LIVE in this story-based, kingdom-building adventure. Click here to view the article
  25. If Halo can do it, why can't Metroid. Watch as Samus walks through a war zone in the Zero suit and explains a little about the games plot that Team Ninja is putting together in their upcoming game for the Wii. I hope to get a better copy of the commercial later today, but this will have to do for now. Enjoy! Click here to view the article

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.