April 7, 201313 yr comment_74045 Yet no new threads or even reply posts over the weekend.I'm going to lay out how I perceive things. Reddit will be the undoing of many community forums. Scoff if you will, but hear me out. Reddit is a dreamscape for all types of people. It has it all. Whatever your heart could desire you can find on Reddit in small, bite size pieces. Are you a Burt Reynolds fan? Reddit probably has a sub forum for you. It's your one stop place to go to fill all your online needs. All within a few clicks for you to quickly absorb, so you can move onto the next bit of content you're after. Still with me so far? I hope so, because I have an important question to ask of you, and I hope you Redditors will answer me. Why don't you share that funny, interesting, odd thing you saw on Reddit, here? See, I don't know myself, but I have some suspicions. I suspect that there's so much content there, that you're actually too busy to share any of what you saw there, here. I have internet friends that stay on Reddit from the time they get off of work, until they go to bed. Surely they saw enough interesting content to share with others, right? No. It rarely happens. Even if it only demands of you to copy and paste a link. Pasting and clicking is hard, PK! Reddit doesn't need any kind of help to keep going. It has millions of page views a day, with new content going up each and every second of the day. Gamercide has next to nothing, daily. Total zilch each weekend. I'm not okay with that. I joined an online family that's been together over 7 years. I add content daily, even when no one replies to it and I get super frustrated or feel like a fool for even trying. I'm a stubborn man and I'll go down as the last person who posted on Gamercide. Bank on that. Right or wrong, that's what I see happening. More time spent on Reddit than our own community. Imagine if we didn't just absorb interesting things on another website, and we actually shared it with each other on our own forum. tl;dr Get involved, here. P.S. Because I'm frustrated with things as they are, please don't tell me how busy you've been lately. I know a member here who was working three jobs who still managed to contribute to the forums with replies and new threads. I also know another member who goes to school, works and is raising children. That person also provides much of the content you see on the site, and these forums. Just don't do it, please. Report
April 7, 201313 yr comment_74046 I do have something interesting, but I can't post it here. The wedding was fun, and I am off to see mom here in a few. Then I'll head back to Lexington. I'll do some more catching up then. Report
April 7, 201313 yr comment_74047 Ive never heard of this site you speak of. Im only workin off a phone for net right now and cut and paste is a bummer and quiet honestly my other hobby get laughed at so i keep it low....its not that i dont enjoy here. Im just boring as all hell man Report
April 7, 201313 yr Author comment_74056 No one show Irish what Reddit is! I will fork stab you. lol Whoever laughs at your hobby, Irish, is a brave person. I'd never want to set you off, man. Report
April 7, 201313 yr comment_74059 My only problem with Reddit is I find EVERYTHING amusing, and I would flood the forums with my entertainment. And dicks. Report
April 7, 201313 yr Author comment_74061 I pick and chose what I come across. If I were to post everything I found interesting in one day, it'd be hell to wade through. Report
April 7, 201313 yr comment_74063 My only problem with Reddit is I find EVERYTHING amusing, and I would flood the forums with my entertainment. And dicks. I am the same way. I will try to post some good shit. Report
April 7, 201313 yr comment_74067 Honestly, I don't use Reddit PK. I try to post when I can though. However, I will try to post MORE again if you'd like. Report
April 7, 201313 yr Author comment_74069 I don't want it to be about me. I'd like it if it were just an automatic thing a 7 year old community would normally do. Report
April 8, 201313 yr comment_74071 Im to lazy to look anyway. Lol. I dont surf alot of the next...im not that tech savy.....christ i just discovered mumble.... Report
April 8, 201313 yr comment_74072 Well pk my other hobby is collecting comics and the figures DC comics puts out. Its an odd hobby for a 41 year old guy to have in my town so i keep it low key. Hell even my wife finds it odd. My kid enjoys it and im glad shes into it because it gets her to read. I just find it odd her most beloved books are Walking Dead and My Little Pony. Report
April 8, 201313 yr comment_74074 I don't post the things I find on Reddit here because I doubt you'd be interested in them or that they're good enough quality for you. I browse reddit.com/r/funny sometimes and every 100 or so posts I chuckle a little at the picture. But I would never link you guys the 99 other posts that weren't funny. As for the one that is, I've probably seen it before on the internet somewhere and it's just a repost, albeit one that I liked. I love Reddit, I agree with you PK that websites like Reddit will kill smaller communities, but here's the trade off. Reddit gives you a high volume of content that actually interests you vs smaller sites like this one where I couldn't care less about the majority of the posts. They're just not what I'm into. I check out a few of your posts PK, anything that catches my eye I'll look at, but in the same amount of time it takes me to find something interesting here, I can see a dozen there. I don't waste a lot of my time there and I highly doubt you guys would like the things I look at. I read a subreddit called Fatpeoplestories, it's stories about really fat people who do incredibly stupid things and think it's perfectly okay. I read the tech boards, I look at explainlikei'm5 (a subreddit dedicated to teaching you about harder to grasp concepts like the Higgs Boson, as if you were a 5 year old.) I learn things there or I read silly little stories. I can't afford college, I have to take what I can get. If you'd like me to link you to some of the interesting things I find there, I'll do it. But again, I doubt anyone cares.Also:reddit.com/r/spacedicksDo not ever go there.MrsB, you're an evil person for trying to get them interested. Report
April 8, 201313 yr comment_74075 I post less just because I guess I never felt as connected with the community the last few years as others have been. I still turn on my Xbox here and there but I very rarely play games with friends anymore, receive invites and if I am it's usually for games I haven't purchased yet. Report
April 8, 201313 yr comment_74076 Spacedicks is great. Do you love penises, dead things, and penises in dead things? Maybe sprinkle on some shit on top? Spacedicks is the place for you. Report
April 8, 201313 yr comment_74079 Is that what it is? I've heard bad things but I never felt any desire to go explore something called spacedicks. At the absolute best, it's dicks in space. I don't want to see that :/ Report
April 8, 201313 yr Author comment_74083 Sounds like Space Ghetto found a new home on Reddit (Spacedicks). @Irish No one here is going to laugh at you for any of that. You probably made a few jealous in fact. @Morrs Use your discretion, man. I don't fill this place with all I see, either. I do make sure to post one really stupid, WTF video for Dat each week. lol @CB If I still used my 360 I'd chill with you. You could always jump onto our Mumble server (PC). It's just like an Xbox LIVE party. Report
April 8, 201313 yr comment_74097 It's much, much, MUCH worse than that. All this talk of Spacedicks made me check it out again. The picture on the background of the main page is two dudes fisting each other. I couldn't help but just laugh. Also, PK. I just scrolled through hundreds of pictures of pizza, dicks in pizzas, and a fat lesbian eating out another fat lesbian while she eats pizza. Report
April 8, 201313 yr Author comment_74099 Yep. That's Space Ghetto for ya. They've been around for years. Report
April 8, 201313 yr comment_74104 Thank for the link....ill pass on that page. Chicks with dicks does nothing for me Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.