Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

The First Honest Cable Company

Featured Replies

Everyone should subscribe to these guys, their stuff is great. And this is both funny, and depressing at the same time.

 

edit: Holy shit, were they on reddit or something recently? Their viewcount is NUTS. That video used to only have like 6k views.

  • 2 weeks later...

I dunno. I think it's more of a thing that's susceptible to location. Many of you hate Comcast but where I live, never had a problem except for maybe one outage a year. 

  • Author

Most of my problems with them arose when I had an issue and they either failed to address it, made it difficult for me to speak to a capable human or just them flat out blaming me for the problem (your router needs replaced).

 

The throttling of Twitch.tv is another issue.

Technical problems aside my biggest problem with the cable companies is the price. They can basically raise prices whenever they feel like it. They put these packages together and its all nickel and dime to death. Hundreds of channels of garbage. It is all or nothing with them. You spend more time trying to find something to watch than actually watching anything.

 

I only want a select few channels but they would rather sell me some package starting at $65/mo and up. That is just the base package here! I was paying near $100/mo to get a combination of garbage that got me the select channels I wanted.

 

I will never EVER go back to cable tv! NEVER!

 

The internet is another issue with them but I will spare you. I am primarily focusing on the TV side. There is no good provider here for internet and no way out of not having it if you want to stream entertainment. As Adam Orth would say #dealwithit

 

Don't even get me started on Direct TV. Just as bad with even worse customer service and a 2 year agreement? No thanks!

The only thing I miss is sports but you know I would rather go up the street to watch the game at Buffalo Wild Wings, spend my money there and get drunk off my ass than give it to the cable companies.

Netflix has really filled in nicely for me. Between that and occasionally buying a season or episode of my favorite stuff. Its good enough for me. No commercials.

Well, one thing the video had right was it is an oligopoly (although I think that definition is heavily skewed lol). It's kind of like cereal companies...we just don't notice that one because it's a few dollars compared to a few hundred.

lol. This video was great, and pretty true. When I first moved to Lexington I had and for the time being, still have, a great cable company. However, as with most of the small guys, it's being gobbled up. Starting in July it will be owned by Time Warner. 

lol. This video was great, and pretty true. When I first moved to Lexington I had and for the time being, still have, a great cable company. However, as with most of the small guys, it's being gobbled up. Starting in July it will be owned by Time Warner. 

Uggg Time Warner? Have you met Satan yet? I think he works for Time Warner LOL!

Its funny just a few years ago I thought there was no way to live without cable tv. What am I going to watch without it? I am going to miss sports! "Without some kinda of TV I am not connected to whats going on in the world", I thought. 

 

Once my eyes were opened and I was freed from the Matrix it all became clear. I am more connected to the world than ever before. Ever since I have been on a crusade to help people get over cable. You will be surprised at how easy it is.

 

Thanks for taking my rants and ravings gamercide :)

 

Anywhere else and they would of got rid of me already haha.

I don't need or want cable tv. I keep it for my wife, but I'm still stuck with it. It's the only provider in my area that offers the Internet speeds I want.

Yeah, not looking forward to Time Warner.

 

Yeah, internet is the one thing they generally have the best speeds on. Here there is absolutely no competition. I have scoured the area for the best price vs speed internet and it simply does not exist. Internet is the only service I have. Just keep them for internet and get rid of everything else. Cable TV is the expensive part of the bill.

 

I convinced my wife a few years ago to live without cable tv. She loves that it is gone now. There are alot of ways to get your content now and watch it when you want, how you want with no commercials. Sports is the toughest one. I can give my plan of action to get you off if you want. No one will be stuck with Cable TV! NO ONE!

I don't have cable TV and never will. Internet is though my apartment and included in my rent.

Wow your apartment offers internet included in the rent??

I've just got the base cable tv package. My Internet is actually more expensive. I probably will drop tv completely, but I need to invest in a couple more media computers first.

Or just get a Apple TV or Roku for now. $99 one time purchase is not bad for what they do. I think Roku has even cheaper models. I am not an apple fanboy but the interface is a bit nicer than Roku. Although I have not tried the Roku 3 yet. Roku seems more customizable.

 

http://www.apple.com/appletv/

 

http://www.roku.com/roku-products?gclid=CKXW04nOxbYCFeU5QgodZ2kALw

I don't like most of them because of the limited format support. No flac, usually no mkv, etc.

Very true.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.