Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Nintendo E3 Press Conference

Featured Replies

  • Author

Their new Zelda game looks pretty cool but I care not for Zelda so I'm getting a little bored watching this

I just started watching now, is this the first thing there showing off or did I miss some stuff?

But yeah, I don't find Zelda games any good, all look the same to me.

I just cant' stand FPS games on the Wii, not matter how good the wiimote should be for them, it just ALWAYS ends up sucking for me. :(

  • Author

I think the same way about FPS's on the Wii .. that Kirby games looks awesome! I think over the next year I might have to dust off the Wii and rent some of these games

  • Author

Is it a requirement that the Nintendo specific titles have to have the word "epic" in them?

Who knew yarn could be epic.

oh I knew yarn could be epic .. I grew up in Saskatchewan

I have to leave for class soon so I didn't want to get caught up in watching it. I'll rely on you guys in this thread to tell me if they reveal anything interesting.

  • Author

wow!!! Nintendo really kicked some *** this year! I'm still not buying any of this crap but I think they really showed some exciting games and products. Okay Nintendo .. I'm interested in you again.

Im officially interested in the 3DS, some REALLY good 3rd party devs supporting it(Konimi with Metal Gear, Capcom with Resident Evil, Square with Kingdom Hearts).

Saints Row on the DS. It got laughter from the audience, and for good reason. Have you seen the kind of stuff in that game? Definitely not for young'uns.

The MGS game for the 3DS is going to be a remake of 3 apparently.

And I don't get it...there was GTA on the DS. The DS is kinda marketted more towards children but it definitely does have its M games.

Ive never played any of the the MGS titles, but 3 looks the most interesting to me so im happy about it.

Also, new Mario Kart for 3DS and STAR FOX 64 3D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, it fails no more. Goldeneye was just announced.

Which is something 360 fans showed interest in. Rare worked on it, and was going to bring it to XBLA. That is, until Nintendo and Activision said no.

10867668.jpg

So who's to blame for this? What could have possibly kept the gamers of the world from playing what would have undoubtedly become the best selling Xbox Live Arcade title ever? Licensing and a man named Satoru Iwata. Maybe you've heard of him.

You see, way back when the project was started, Nintendo was behind the idea all the way. But with the Bond license in the hands of Activision, the game code in the hands of Rare, Microsoft in possession of Rare, and Nintendo having their logo on the game's original opening sequence, things got tricky quickly.

Originally, the agreement between the two parties was simple: Rare would port GoldenEye to the Wii (along with all of it's new bells and whistles) and make the rest of their catalog available on Virtual Console, and Rare would develop GoldenEye for Xbox Live Arcade as well.

Until Mr. Iwata decided GoldenEye should never be allowed to see the light of day on a console not developed by Nintendo. Activision stepped in and sided with Nintendo, deciding that putting their relationship with the company on the rocks was not a good idea.

So yeah. Be happy you can play it again, but thank Nintendo and Activision for not letting you play it on the 360. A great FPS console.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.