May 25, 201016 yr comment_9600 This was really great news to me when I saw this press release come in from Discovery. Adam and Jaime have signed a new deal with The Discovery Channel to continue to make more Mythbusters, as well as develop new properties for the channel. Full press release below:LOS ANGELES, CA, — Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage, co-hosts of Discovery Channel's MythBusters series, have signed a multi-year deal to co-executive produce the popular science show. In addition, Hyneman and Savage have formed a new production company and they will team with BermanBraun to develop and create additional television series with Discovery Channel. Building on their production activities, Hyneman and Savage will extend their activities to video games and a live show to take on tour around the country. The duo, along with BermanBraun, also will create and produce a new branded web initiative. "We're excited not only to continue on the MythBusters series for Discovery, but also to expand our reach into additional opportunities in television, the internet, touring, video games and more. We could not have accomplished this escalation without the dedicated efforts of our entire team, and we're also extremely grateful to Discovery for their continuing expressions of confidence." said Jamie Hyneman. "Adam and Jamie infuse science with their special brand of humor, tenacity and passion," said Clark Bunting, President and General Manager of Discovery Channel and President of Science Channel. "Now that they are taking on co-executive producer roles, viewers are guaranteed to see even more of their smart and engaging personalities throughout the new shows." Lloyd Braun and Gail Berman said: "Jamie and Adam have a truly special appeal and speak to a dedicated and wide-ranging audience. We are excited about developing new series, which speak to that audience and continue to build on the unique Jamie and Adam brand." MythBusters, the longest running series on Discovery Channel, which airs on Wednesdays at 9PM ET/PT, is produced by Australian producer Beyond Productions, and began airing on the network in 2003. Dan Tapster is the executive producer for Beyond Productions; Tracy Rudolph is the supervising producer for Discovery Channel.I literally watch the show EVERY TIME it is on, re-run or not. Report
May 25, 201016 yr comment_9612 I used to like Mythbusters but after one or two seasons it got sort of stale and boring (for me anyways) Report
May 25, 201016 yr comment_9621 I used to watch this a lot, but I find myself being jealous of their job. So I don't watch as much as I used to. lol Report
May 25, 201016 yr comment_9624 mythbusters is awesome, although most of the myths they do i have never heard of Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.