January 23, 201214 yr comment_52366 Server ShutdownWe now have a Left 4 Dead 2 Server up and running.Quick Address: l4d2.gmcd.meStats are Here l4d.gamercide.orgCurrently have these addons installed:Bloodtracks - http://www.l4dmaps.c....php?file=10378Helmsdeepreborn - http://www.l4dmaps.c...s.php?file=7302I Hate Mountains - http://www.l4dmaps.c...s.php?file=8500One 4 Nine - http://www.l4dmaps.c...s.php?file=7387Left 4 Mario - http://www.l4dmaps.c...s.php?file=5255Overkill - http://www.l4dmaps.c...s.php?file=7316Questionable Ethics - http://www.l4dmaps.c...s.php?file=9773Silent Fear - http://www.l4dmaps.c....php?file=11458The Ancient Maze - http://www.l4dmaps.c....php?file=10189Tour of Terror - http://www.l4dmaps.c...s.php?file=8387Warcelona - http://www.l4dmaps.c....php?file=12111Dead Before Dawn DC - http://www.l4dmaps.c...s.php?file=7774Detour Ahead - http://www.l4dmaps.c...s.php?file=4094Download them at the above links or directly from Gamercide HEREJoin the Gamercide Steam Group for immediate access to the server. Report
January 23, 201214 yr comment_52378 If I only I had a PC that could run it.. and a steam account.. I enjoyed that game on 360 however it got stale pretty quickly, it appears as if the PC has mods to keep it fresh! Report
January 23, 201214 yr comment_52384 There are some fantastic user created maps. For instance, Silent Fear has its own boss fight at the end. No tank one after the other. Just a creature with special attacks and ton of HP.L4D is Source, so it wouldn't need a super computer to run it. I'd suggest heading over here, and checking to see if your PC can run it. Report
January 23, 201214 yr comment_52390 So what are the real advantages of us having a server? More control, so we won't get stuck on a low gravity server or something when we play custom maps? Report
January 23, 201214 yr Author comment_52395 The advantage is not having to locally host the games. Since we are all over the world our pings will stay consistent. It's located in Texas which is as central I could make it for most of us. You can't play a custom map unless it's on the server or you locally host. Now if there is a map we like I can upload it and we can play on the dedicated server. All the above maps are already installed. Will make the experience more enjoyable for all.Oh and the original quick link was wrong. It is l4d2.gmcd.me . Fixed in the OP too. You can ping that for an idea of what it will be. Report
January 23, 201214 yr comment_52396 Don't know what you and GG's beef is with low gravity. Any game that I've owned and had a low grav cheat/option, I've used it. lolTank Rush with low gravity is awesome. Report
January 23, 201214 yr Author comment_52404 Well. There's beauty in choice. Low gravity can be enabled per player. Report
January 25, 201214 yr comment_52517 If I only I had a PC that could run it.. and a steam account.. I enjoyed that game on 360 however it got stale pretty quickly, it appears as if the PC has mods to keep it fresh!Yea dude so much more you can do with it. New maps, weapon mods, player mods etc. I have Liberty Prime, Spider Man, Miranda from ME2, and Rorschach as the survivors and I have a call of duty weapon pack. Super sweet. Report
January 27, 201214 yr comment_52740 Confogl pl0x.Lol, kidding.There are plenty of advantages to having a dedicated server.Many of them have already been said, but it's also convenient for whenever you guys want to just jump right into it (after kicking everyone out). ;D Report
January 27, 201214 yr comment_52777 Our games lately are mostly everyone shaking their head at me as I cheap out and spawn exploding barrels and miniguns. LOLI'm terrible at shooters (except Borderlands) and I use a controller. I am the noob elite. Report
January 28, 201214 yr comment_52842 I'm terrible at shooters (except Borderlands) and I use a controller. I am the noob elite.Actually.... if you get really good at shooting and responding with a controller on PC, people would definitely rage if they knew how they were getting beaten down versus keyboard and mouse. Report
January 28, 201214 yr comment_52850 I've been playing with a controller for many years. I think I've reached my maximum potential. haha Report
January 30, 201214 yr comment_52905 Thanks for the invite PK. That was fun... Despite how many times you probably lit me on fire. Lol Report
January 30, 201214 yr comment_52906 I light everyone on fire lolIt was very fun. Hope you can join us for more games. Report
January 31, 201214 yr comment_52966 Pirates of the Caribbean - http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=5185On foot Via the log ride Report
January 31, 201214 yr comment_52970 I also picked up Indiana Jones and the Temple of Zombieshttp://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=6178 Report
January 31, 201214 yr comment_52971 BTW, these are what my special infected look like<br><iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/fMvkL/embed"></iframe><br>Boomer = Santa Claus<br>Charger = Firestarter Charger. When he charges, he leaves behind a streak of bright orange. When he runs into something, a shower of sparks happen<br>Jockey = The Joker in a purple tutu<br>Spitter = Reptile from a famous game series you may know of<br>Tank = Brumak from Gears of War Report
January 31, 201214 yr comment_52975 Yup. Download those two maps tonight. Don't hide away again, either. We did Yama without you last night and it was bad ass. Report
January 31, 201214 yr comment_52978 Yama isnt complete so im not going to get it till its done. I probably wont be on tonight. Report
February 1, 201214 yr comment_52983 The three maps there are, took me 1 hour and 34 minutes to complete. That was with Gibfest on, so I had unlimited ammo and no reloads. Report
February 2, 201214 yr Author comment_53045 If we are going to shift to PC gaming we have to voice ability to have the same enjoyment. Report
February 2, 201214 yr comment_53077 I'm downloading the Crash Bandicoot map - http://www.l4dmaps.c....php?file=10698http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogA0XPTAkYM*EDIT* Never mind. It's unreleased. Damn. Report
February 2, 201214 yr comment_53080 In lieu of Crash Bandicoot, I'm downloading Wan Li. It has an ice and snow level. Should be interesting.http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=11624 Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.