May 2, 201115 yr Author comment_36303 I agree, they will never give them up without a fight but I just think it should the politically correct gesture none the less. Report
May 2, 201115 yr comment_36307 lol check out his compound on Google Maps and read the comments. There's like 2 pages of hilarity. I almost spit my coffee: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=osama+bin+laden+&hl=en&view=map&mcsrc=google_reviews&num=10&ie=UTF8&start=20&cid=11196890339658103699&t=h&ll=34.184471%2C73.246193&spn=0.010331%2C0.01929&z=16&iwloc=ALol, some of those were awesome Report
May 2, 201115 yr comment_36309 Fox NewsMilitary Officials confirm that Bin Laden was given a religious funeral at sea in tradition with Islamic customs."Usama bin Laden was given a religious funeral prior to his burial at sea, senior military officials told Fox News.Religious rites were conducted on the deck of the USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier at about 1:10 a.m. Monday in the Persian Gulf.In accordance with Islamic practice, bin Laden was washed and wrapped in a white sheet before buried at sea at 2 a.m. local time, senior U.S. military and intelligence officials said.Bin Laden, who resisted capture, was "living rather comfortably" in the compound, an official told Fox News." Report
May 2, 201115 yr comment_36312 We used to serve the USS Carl Vinson at the Alameda Naval base when I worked at Dominos. Report
May 2, 201115 yr comment_36314 I don't get why so much effort was made to give him a proper funeral. We don't do this to every islamic insurgent that gets capped by us, do we? Report
May 2, 201115 yr Author comment_36315 Well we don't want to further anger possible enemies and give further reason for al-quada to recruit so I don't mind it. And yes, he was buried at sea so no one will ever know the true location of his body, Report
May 2, 201115 yr comment_36316 There is a photoshopped image of his face, showing him dead. Do not post this, please. It's not real and well... it doesn't belong here. Report
May 2, 201115 yr comment_36319 Supposedly they have pictures but are waiting to release them. Guess we'll have to wait and see.Remember that Pakistan is not nearly as unified as we are. Just because officials in one area might have known his whereabouts does not mean to central government knew or hid him.. Report
May 2, 201115 yr comment_36329 This is wonderful news.Although I wonder if we'll see retaliation Report
May 2, 201115 yr comment_36345 We gave him a proper burial because WE ARE NOT FILTHY MONGRELS! Report
May 2, 201115 yr comment_36346 Think that the respectful burial was done to exacerbate tensions and prevent further attacks as best they could. I am also surprised by some of the reactions to this news. Its a little unsettling.Also, going into Pakistan to take their WMD may well cause more trouble. No point taking a step forward, only to get stuck in more mud. Report
May 3, 201115 yr comment_36349 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caPz-D1MdGAThis is an awesome video! I went to the Naval Academy in Annapolis when I was in high school and it was one of the coolest experiences I've ever had. If you start the video @ 3:10 (the whole video is awesome) it is pure win!!! Report
May 3, 201115 yr comment_36365 Hackers are capitalizing on the death of Bin Laden. Be careful where you click.http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/05/hackers-scammers-exploiting-bin-ladens-death/1?csp=34news Report
May 3, 201115 yr comment_36366 Real reason for the burial at seahttp://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8162/tumblrlkl6xg8zgm1qcb5fk.png Report
May 3, 201115 yr comment_36374 I can see the reason as why they did the burial at sea to have no grave or site that people would worship, but as to not escalating tension? The extremeist already want America dead and most Americans dead and we are worried about making them mad? I say they should have given him a proper christain burial that is in line with OUR customs just to piss them off. They dont worry about making us mad by desecrating our soldiers dead bodies why should we when then observe their customs? Report
May 3, 201115 yr comment_36376 Well White House decided to release a photo or two, so get ready to see some chunks! Report
May 3, 201115 yr comment_36378 Many of the extremists already believed him to be dead, and buried on top of Tora Bora. Report
May 3, 201115 yr comment_36397 I can see the reason as why they did the burial at sea to have no grave or site that people would worship, but as to not escalating tension? The extremeist already want America dead and most Americans dead and we are worried about making them mad? I say they should have given him a proper christain burial that is in line with OUR customs just to piss them off. They dont worry about making us mad by desecrating our soldiers dead bodies why should we when then observe their customs?That's so extremely ignorant it's ridiculous. There's a little thing in life called taking the high road, but it sounds like you haven't heard of it. Report
May 3, 201115 yr comment_36399 That's so extremely ignorant it's ridiculous. There's a little thing in life called taking the high road, but it sounds like you haven't heard of it.There's a little thing in life called respecting others opinions, but it sounds like you haven't heard of it.pwnt Report
May 3, 201115 yr comment_36400 Wow, guys. Please, no more outbursts like that. It's an informative thread, and I don't want to lock it up. Report
May 3, 201115 yr comment_36416 i see the irony when i read an imam say of his death that "dogs should not rejoice too much for killing lions".our actions as an honorable nation will, in the course of history, reveal the true dogs.petty revenge is an ocean away from justice. let us be happy AND proud. Report
May 4, 201115 yr comment_36423 Well its probably good for the world he is dead.Though one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.Lets hope it doesn't cause more hatred in that part of the world for the west and instead demoralises their cause and discourages new members from joining though that seems unlikely. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.