April 20, 201115 yr comment_35171 “Unfortunately, the circumstances didn’t allow us to make a 360 exclusive,” stated Mortal Kombat creator Ed Boon in a statement to Eurogamer regarding the question that left many wondering why the Xbox 360 did not get an exclusive character like the Playstation 3 version did with one of Sony’s most recognizable characters, Kratos from the God of War series.With the tight lippedness that is going on around NetherRealm Studios many are speculating that NetherRealm wanted to include Master Chief or Marcus Fenix however their contract with Sony regarding the exclusive Kratos has some underlying terms about what the term “exclusive” meant or that Microsoft wants to add an iconic character in the form of DLC for a later release.“I’m not allowed to talk too much about it, but I can tell you we certainly wanted to do an exclusive for 360, but that’s all I can say. It was not a decision we made where we said, oh, let’s not do one for the 360,” continued Ed Boon about the mystery surrounding an exclusive character.We will see how much this decision effected the sales of the Xbox 360 version of Mortal Kombat when the numbers roll in.via Eurogamer Tweet This PostView the full article Report
April 20, 201115 yr comment_35192 Instead of exclusives what about inclusives? Seriously. Want to sell MORE games? Put everyone into ALL the games. Profit.I'm grumpy and need my coffee.Also... get off my lawn. Report
April 20, 201115 yr comment_35195 Actually Kratos being in the PS3 version is the only thing that interests me even remotely about the new MK game. So in this case, their plan worked. Even though he is multiplayer only with no ties to the story. Report
April 20, 201115 yr comment_35196 I have an idea...Lets just quit doing exclusives... I completely agree, but sadly, this won't happen. Report
April 20, 201115 yr comment_35204 i thought the souls caliber link/spawn/heihachi thing ws awesome. i think kratos is awesome. i think it woulda been cool to see some 360 exclusive character. who that would have been, i dunno. master cheif? Report
April 20, 201115 yr comment_35206 I think it's kind of a moot point, if you like MK there really shouldn't be any other incentive to buy it. Now, if you have both consoles that's something else altogther. But there's the trade off, extra character vs comprehensive online service. Exclusive characters are cool I guess, but at the end of the day who really cares?Also, you'll still probably see Xbox MKs sell 2-1 vs Sony, so I can't see it even being that big a deal. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.