January 24, 201115 yr comment_28627 Is the 250 GB the largest size? Is $79 a good price? Do I need a transfer cable? I didn't need one last time I bought a new 360. I just re-dl'ed all my games and stuff from the dashboard. Report
January 24, 201115 yr comment_28629 250GB is the largest thus far. If you don't care about saved games etc, I suppose you could get by with just the license transfer at http://www.xbox.com/drm and also recovering your gamercard.Is this the one you're getting? http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Hard-Drive-250GB-Slim/dp/B003C1VPEY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1295841557&sr=8-2 Report
January 24, 201115 yr Author comment_28632 Um, yes. lol. Just a different vendor. They had a slightly higher price like 15 mins ago...I think. LOL Also are you saying I do need the cable? I transferred my license and gc when I bought my new 360. I need more space and want to buy a new HD. Do I have to pay to transfer again or something? Report
January 24, 201115 yr comment_28634 Transfer cable does it all almost automatically. You choose in the screen, what categories you want transferred. save files, media, themes, games, addons, etc. So long as you're online when you play these transferred items, you won't need to transfer licenses. Just make sure you're using the account you made the purchases with.I did both. Used the transfer kit and transferred licenses via the site. The transferring process is a BITCH. I had 38 pages of stuff to sort through. In the end, I just opted to transfer the addons and arcade games.License transferring can only be performed once a year. If you go to that link in my previous post, it should let you know if you're able to again. Although, I've heard if you call the dreaded 1-800 #, you can request another transfer. They're always free. No charge. The only thing you'd pay for, would be a transfer kit, if you wanted one. Report
January 24, 201115 yr comment_28635 Actually, if you buy from the Amazon link I used, that one comes with a transfer kit. "The Xbox 360 250GB Hard Drive includes a data transfer kit to easily transfer your data from your 20GB, 60GB or 120GB HDD to your 250GB HD."Not sure if they all do or not. Just checked that one. Report
January 24, 201115 yr Author comment_28636 Transfer cable does it all almost automatically. You choose in the screen, what categories you want transferred. save files, media, themes, games, addons, etc. So long as you're online when you play these transferred items, you won't need to transfer licenses. Just make sure you're using the account you made the purchases with.I did both. Used the transfer kit and transferred licenses via the site. The transferring process is a *****. I had 38 pages of stuff to sort through. In the end, I just opted to transfer the addons and arcade games.License transferring can only be performed once a year. If you go to that link in my previous post, it should let you know if you're able to again. Although, I've heard if you call the dreaded 1-800 #, you can request another transfer. They're always free. No charge. The only thing you'd pay for, would be a transfer kit, if you wanted one.Thanks. I'll have to call them then as it's only been 8 mos or so. Report
January 24, 201115 yr comment_28637 Actually, if you buy from the Amazon link I used, that one comes with a transfer kit. "The Xbox 360 250GB Hard Drive includes a data transfer kit to easily transfer your data from your 20GB, 60GB or 120GB HDD to your 250GB HD."Not sure if they all do or not. Just checked that one.You were replying when I posted this, so I don't know if you saw it or not. Report
January 24, 201115 yr Author comment_28638 Actually, if you buy from the Amazon link I used, that one comes with a transfer kit. "The Xbox 360 250GB Hard Drive includes a data transfer kit to easily transfer your data from your 20GB, 60GB or 120GB HDD to your 250GB HD."Not sure if they all do or not. Just checked that one.LOL I just noticed that!!! Thanks! I just ordered it! Now the hard part is the wait. Report
January 24, 201115 yr comment_28641 You need to transfer licenses if you purchase a new HDD? I just thought that was with a new console. Report
January 24, 201115 yr comment_28648 Yeah, probably. lol I'm so used to buying a new one, it was just stuck in my head I guess. /old Report
January 24, 201115 yr comment_28655 You need to have the transfer kit for a new drive or new system completely. If you get the official 250GB still sealed, then you get the transfer kit. $79 is a good deal on it actually. Only better price was when Woot had them for $55 a month or so ago. I loved going from my almost full 60GB to being able to finally get my Rock Band song collection where I wanted it. Total of 376 songs currently. Report
January 24, 201115 yr Author comment_28720 You have been charged for the following items shipped today: Xbox 360 Hard Drive 250GB - Not for Xbox SlimSold by: Biz-E-Bee, Inc.Condition: newQuantity: 1$74.99 eachItem subtotal: $74.99YAY! Report
January 24, 201115 yr comment_28723 Excellent! I start importing my music later on, for my new 250GB. lol Love custom music in games. Report
January 25, 201115 yr comment_28804 /older than dirtFixed You prolly know this PK, but just throwing it out here...I have the Zune software on my lappy and stream music from it instead of downloading it to my hard drive. For me, Zune works better than WMP for streaming as far as getting your pc to recognize your 360. Report
January 25, 201115 yr comment_28805 Yeah, I could plug my Zune straight in. Like having it always there though, in case I don't feel like getting up and plugging it in, or turning on any extenders on the laptop. Report
January 25, 201115 yr comment_28840 A question about transferring music. All my music is on my computer. I have almost no CD's. Is there an easy way to save it to my HDD, or am I stuck streaming it to my Xbox? Report
January 25, 201115 yr comment_28842 I've always wondered the same thing, because games that use the music on your Xbox like Beat Hazard and that one indie drum game, don't detect any music from external hard drives or thumb drives. Report
January 25, 201115 yr comment_28844 So I could put it on a thumbdrive, then copy it all to my HDD? Report
January 25, 201115 yr comment_28847 Yeah. I used to use my camera's mem card with USB card reader. Then I finally got a thumb drive. lol Report
January 26, 201115 yr comment_28870 Can't you just play the music straight from the thumb drive? Report
January 26, 201115 yr comment_28874 Yep, just like you can with the Zune. I don't always have my Zune hooked up, though. Besides, with 250GB's, it's not like anyone needs to worry about running out of space. lol Report
January 26, 201115 yr comment_28876 Yep, just like you can with the Zune. I don't always have my Zune hooked up, though. Besides, with 250GB's, it's not like anyone needs to worry about running out of space. lolThat is true... I'm still used to my wimpy 60GB HDD Report
January 27, 201115 yr Author comment_28972 Got my HDD today installed it and transferred all my data! Whew...That was easy! Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.