January 19, 201115 yr comment_28196 http://www.joystiq.c...ndos-3ds-event/You can get all the details above, or from another site, but the key questions of price and release date have finally been announced. I'm REALLY hoping that Gamestop will have some sort of trade-in promotion for it. I'd trade in my DSi and maybe a game or two if I could get $100 off. Report
January 19, 201115 yr comment_28202 That thing is going to be pretty damn awesome but I'm stickin' to my never buy anything Nintendo sells again. Are you picking it up on the release date? Report
January 19, 201115 yr comment_28203 I won't be buying this in count of my motion sickness issue and with Granite only being 4 and the problems that have risen with the 3DS and younger kids in count of their vision not being fully developed and having to strain to make sense of the technology....it's a no go for me. Report
January 19, 201115 yr comment_28205 I'm not buying into the medical problems surrounding it. I back that up with my license in "Make-Believe-Doctor" but I highly doubt it harm any developing child's vision any worse than reading by flashlight or watching TV in the dark. There shouldn't be any problem with motion sickness since it's still a pretty small screen. Think of it in terms of the size of your TV, do you have motion sickness watching a movie or playing a game on living room TV? Report
January 19, 201115 yr comment_28206 I want to get it, but the price is to high for me now. I'll wait for the 3DS lite.Also, hearing rumors that the games will be 50 bucks. Report
January 19, 201115 yr comment_28207 I actually do get motion sickness rather easily if I'm watching some things on tv (depends on what it is though) or playing a video game....for that reason I can't play Marathon anymore even though they have that option in there I was never that way until my last pregnancy, so I totally blame it on that, lol. I also have an issue with my vision (astigmatism which is your cornea not being round) and seeing bold outlines around letters and certain images. I've wanted to go see 3D movies before, but I never have because of that. Could you imagine in the middle of the movie and just vomit everywhere, lol. Report
January 19, 201115 yr comment_28208 Already pre-ordered. Honestly can't wait to dig in to it. Not a huge 3D fan, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Especially since you aren't REQUIRED to play it in 3D.Could you imagine in the middle of the movie and just vomit everywhere, lol.Would turn in to what Chunk described in The Goonies probably. Report
January 19, 201115 yr Author comment_28209 I'm definitely going to buy it on release day. As I said, I'm sure that Gamestop will have a promotion to get extra money for trading in your DSi. Report
January 19, 201115 yr Author comment_28210 I won't be buying this in count of my motion sickness issue and with Granite only being 4 and the problems that have risen with the 3DS and younger kids in count of their vision not being fully developed and having to strain to make sense of the technology....it's a no go for me.The thing you need to remember is that you can turn the 3D effect completely off!! In fact, some games (like Dead or Alive) are saying that it will increase the frame rate of the game by turning it off.I also don't believe the "hoopla" over the medical stuff. It's been debated on both sides, and some doctors have said it could help young children's eye sight. The key, with ANYTHING, to use it in moderation. If you stare at a COMPUTER screen for too long it can strain your eyes also. Report
January 19, 201115 yr comment_28211 It's hard to tell how cool it is until I can get it in my hands. You can't tell what the 3D thing looks like online, or from videos, etc. I'll need to make a trip to Nintendo World or something. Report
January 19, 201115 yr comment_28214 I don't think I'll end up buying it, but I would love to try it. Report
January 19, 201115 yr comment_28220 Doh, the games for 3DS will be region locked. That's the first time Nintendo region locked it's DS games. Sometimes I think we're going backwards. Report
January 19, 201115 yr comment_28224 Doh, the games for 3DS will be region locked. That's the first time Nintendo region locked it's DS games. Sometimes I think we're going backwards. well that's stupid Report
January 19, 201115 yr comment_28257 March 27th..... 3 days before my birthday.I'll wait till a little later when the machines have had a longer shelf life before I go in one one. Yet hot d**n, they do look impressive. Report
January 20, 201115 yr Author comment_28293 Has it been confirmed that the 3DS will be backwards compatible with DS games? Report
January 20, 201115 yr comment_28297 Yup, for most games at least. I'm assuming the only ones that won't work are any that have an attachment that uses the GBA slot like the GH games. Could be a few more but really they just said most games will work. Report
January 20, 201115 yr comment_28304 Yup, for most games at least. I'm assuming the only ones that won't work are any that have an attachment that uses the GBA slot like the GH games. Could be a few more but really they just said most games will work.....crap. This makes it even more appealing. Report
January 20, 201115 yr comment_28323 http://feeds.wired.com/~r/wired/index/~3/iB1M6wnUQfg/Pretty good opinion read of the 3DS and how well it will do. Worth a look for those buying. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.