Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Dual Booting

Featured Replies

How many of you guys Dual Boot, of course in computers. I've just installed Ubuntu 10.4 (I believe thats the newest version) on my gameroom pc and old laptop that has broken hinges.

I'm currently installing it on this laptop only since it's something I want to learn more about and also have just incase Windows goes crazy.

FUN FACT: On my old laptop, with Windows installed, sound NEVER once came out of the laptop once I installed Linux/Ubuntu instantly had sound. Now, I cannot fix the hinges on the laptop nor do I care to but that's still pretty awesome.

I mostly dual booted when I was using my mac. Using windows and osx. Here and there I do something linux, mess around with it, and get rid of it back to plain ole windows 7.

Noob question time...what is a dual boot?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dual+boot

LOL, I'm just messing with you. But to answer your question Wikipedia says it best...

Multi-boot or Multi-booting is the act of installing multiple operating systems on a computer, and being able to choose which one to boot when starting the computer. The term dual-booting refers to the common configuration of exactly two operating systems.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Multi_boot

-----------------------------------------------

I usually use virtual machines with virtual box instead of dual booting

  • Author

Sadly, Ubuntu sounds wouldn't work no my new laptop so I had to uninstall it. I'll keep messing around with it on my other comptuers but man, it's so fast compared to Windows 7.

I don't dual boot Linux ON my laptop anymore, just OSX and Win 7. I have a flash drive I boot from to run Ubuntu if I need to for anything network-wise at work.

  • 4 months later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.