November 4, 201015 yr comment_23351 Did anyone here pick it up last night or today? I've read a few reviews and they are not to favorable. Of course those were from Joysti q and ******, so I was wondering if anyone here has it or played in their homes and not on a stage that Microsoft designed for it. Report
November 4, 201015 yr comment_23378 I have been hearing it is a pain to set up and requires a fair amount of space... something my place doesn't have. Report
November 4, 201015 yr comment_23384 I am waiting to see/hear how it does, I may pick one up if it does well. Report
November 4, 201015 yr comment_23387 I thought about it cause my kid wants it for Christmas but i might hold off. I don't like what I have been hearing about the fair amount of space it needs. Not sure if it work in my apartment front room or not. Report
November 5, 201015 yr comment_23411 I've had a hold of one for a while... I'd have a hard time justifying paying for it unless I had a good chunk of disposable income. It does track really well for me, and games are fun. And yelling at it to do stuff is satisfying even if only for a short time.Just pricey and the games dont hold my attention long... yet. Only played sports, adventures, and joyride though. Report
November 5, 201015 yr comment_23427 I'm wanting it, I'm thinking of selling my back-up Xbox 360 elite for it. Is Kinect Sports any good? Report
November 5, 201015 yr comment_23428 Got it this morning, its pretty needy for space, yet sometimes it tells you you're too far back. It is way more fun with too people, but the minimum height is 3'4....so if you have younger kids, it's not ideal for them. Report
November 5, 201015 yr comment_23462 I'm guessing it won't work with a projector?umm, i think it might, I dont see why not unless you have the projector projecting over the front of the camera. Report
November 6, 201015 yr comment_23468 umm, i think it might, I dont see why not unless you have the projector projecting over the front of the camera.Yeah, that's just the problem. I would have to put the camera below the screen which is not very far above the ground. Wasn't sure what the requirements for placement are. Report
November 6, 201015 yr comment_23477 I want to get it just for Dance Central! but I may hold off till all the kinks are worked out. I hear it's occasionally unresponsive. I'm sure it's going to be a great device in a year or so. I wonder if they will come out with an FPS for it That would be interesting/amusing. Report
November 6, 201015 yr Author comment_23481 I certainly do want it and when I arranged my living room (you guys will remember Tam being pissed at me for doing that) part of the reason was to get more space for things like Move/Kinect. I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it but I doubt it'll replace using a control. It just looks like fun to jump around like an idiot. Report
November 6, 201015 yr Author comment_23482 Why is the word "Kotoku" blocked out? That's censorship man! K O T A K U fight the power!! Report
November 6, 201015 yr comment_23484 I bought it, and man does it rock. I got my mom, roommate, and my step dad to even join in and I recorded all 3 of them playing. I'm really curious about Kinect Sports but I'm sold on Dance Central. That demo they included is loads of fun even on the easiest difficulty! Kinect Adventures isn't too bad but I've seen better but for a free game, why not? Report
November 6, 201015 yr comment_23485 I'll tell you what, I'm not planning on getting one right away, but this is pretty cool. This is how it "sees". Report
November 6, 201015 yr comment_23486 The kinect adventures has demos for dance central, joy ride, and your fitness evolved. My wife loved the dance central, and we both liked the fitness game. Also, for some reason, after we played the demos a few times it stopped letting us play them. Report
November 6, 201015 yr comment_23487 Also, for some reason, after we played the demos a few times it stopped letting us play them.Kinect: "Please, insert, money." Report
November 6, 201015 yr comment_23488 Yea, my retail kinect adventures that MS had the testers download doesnt have the demos... saaad. Report
November 6, 201015 yr comment_23497 well, the joy ride demo is on live for download now. Maybe thats what they meant two years ago when they said joy ride was coming to xbla as a free download... Report
November 7, 201015 yr comment_23538 I played enough of joyride in the beta, its very much a meh title, not worth 50 for sure. Now this is what kinect is all about http://kingofdance.ytmnd.com/ Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.