Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Halo: Reach Discussion

Featured Replies

I figured I should contain my own anxiety for this game in one thread rather than every thread across the board. So let's use this thread to discuss anything and everything Halo: Reach!

First off, Armor Lock looks like the most useful loadout right now. I see myself using this one the most and then maybe Invisibility. But I'll definitely be trying all the loadouts once the beta arrives on May 3rd.

  • Author

I don't think it is. For an award acceptance video, Bungie put dozens of Spartans and Flood on Sandbox, so they can put however many renders they want in a map. I'm pretty sure 16 players max is still the deal.

I'm no too sure what to think of Reach. I think I'll see what goes down in the beta and take it from there because although I play Halo 3 a tiny bit, ODST was very disappointing. I do love the whole Halo story/universe though.

^__^

  • Author

Armor Lock is going to kill a lot of cool and funny stickie nade videos. lol

But the Jetpack will make up for that as mid-air sticks will be more popular than ever!

I am very excited for Reach. I was kind of in the middle about Halo 3, but really liked ODST. I'm very curious about Reach because of the fact that it's being modeled a bit more after Halo 1 than the more recent games. I definitely can't wait to see what Bungie has planned for the game. One thing that I noticed that they haven't mentioned, but I definitely hope is planned, is DLC. With this being their "last" Halo game, I certainly hope that they, or 343 industries plan to support it with at least a little bit of DLC.

If there is no way to search for all gametypes, ill just play for an hour of mulit and be completely done with that part of the game. Pissed me off in Halo 3 when the only way to play infection was to invite 15 other people. I just really can't get into the normal types of games in Halo at all.

O.o I just found out that the BR was kicked to the curb! I'm glad to see dual-wielding and SMGs go, but the removal of the BR was kind of shocking. I'm glad it's being removed though, should add more variety into the matches I've played other than the grenade + BR= Dead Spartan combo.

I plan on buying it because it is Halo, but I haven't really been following the game that much (at least not as much as bogey probably has. lol).

I was gonna get a copy on Goozex of Halo: ODST so i could play in the beta but i decided against it. I'm just not that excited, but i am interested enough that i will be picking it up when the final game releases.

I am a sneaky player in FPS's so i will definitely be trying out all the class mods to see which helps my cause the most. Seems like invisibility would be the most useful for how i play but then who doesn't love jet packs...I don't want to think about it till i get a whole list of all the mods.

One thing that I noticed that they haven't mentioned, but I definitely hope is planned, is DLC. With this being their "last" Halo game, I certainly hope that they, or 343 industries plan to support it with at least a little bit of DLC.

Wasn't there a Microsoft announcement that stated every game from now on there will be DLC you have to pay for?

  • Author

I have no doubts Bungie will provide DLC. Usually they have their first DLC six months to a year after release so it won't be one of those situations where it could have been in the retail game. Bungie will produce it though, 343i has nothing to do with Halo: Reach.

That kind of brings it down a bit for me. I've been spoiled by Gears and Fallout getting tidbits every couple of weeks. I would appreciate the fact that Bungie offers dlc at all, but delivering more dlc and delivering it consistently would keep people coming back. After all, I got fed up with the maps in MW2 within a month and sold that buggy PoS.

I'm not saying to rush maps out all the time, but maybe shortening the wait would keep people active. Of course, if they deliver at least 15 maps at launch, then that would be enough for me. Battlefield BC 2 is awesome, but they haven't really had much in the way of "new" maps yet, which kind of makes it feel repetitive.

I went ahead and pre-ordered it about 2 weeks ago, I'm very excited for the game. The only way I'll take that pre-order back is if the Beta tells me differently.

  • 2 weeks later...

I really think this game might bring me back as a halo fanboy. I liked 3 and odst, dont get me wrong. But I haven't really felt it since 2. Maybe i miss me elites, i dunno.

*babble and drool* i just saw this the other day. just got back from pre-ordering it too

i going to try to get the money together for the legendary edition, that statue looks amazing, plus you know because there will be limited amounts of it, that the price will end up being more than the 150 dollars the entire legendary edition is.

Why does this stupid beta have to come out next week? It's just going to distract me from finishing my RPGs and playing Red Dead Redemption later on in the month...

:P

Nah, it will be awesome.

While the Legendary Edition does sound pretty cool, I kind of don't like how the armor colors on the statue are sort of mismatched (although I guess it makes sense with the games new armor attaching system, or whatever), and although I want the flaming helmet because it looks cool, and because of it's former exclusivity to Bungie, which makes it cool as well, it probably would make you an easier target for headshots. And those two are the only Legendary exclusives (i.e. 70 MORE DOLLARS for a statue and a unique in-game helmet, worth maybe $25)

I'll probably get the Limited Edition with the unique Elite armor and other goodies. I did get Halo 3's Legendary, but that was back when I had a more significant income. I <3 my cat helmet.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.